FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT] Samsung Conquer Method (PLEASE MOVE)

138 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By JWhip804, Senior Member on 2nd December 2011, 12:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Devs, please move this as my question has been answered and i would like it to be easily accessible to other Conquer owners. Thank you.

I take absolutely no credit for this method.
Thanks goes to the creaters of SuperOneClick and to dray_jr bringing this method to my attention.

Here is a quick Guide to Rooting your Samsung Conquer 4G

1. Download Super One Click Root 2.3.1(below)
2. Extract the rar to any location you choice
3. On your phone click Menu, Settings, Application, Development and check USB Debugging.
4. Open SuperOneClick
5. Plug your phone in to the USB
6. Click Root and watch it do its thing

When it is done it should have installed SuperUsers and you should now be rooted.

At this time there is no Roms or Recoverys so the only thing we benifit from is some apps and being able to remove some of the clutter.

Links
SuperOneClick 2.3.1
SuperOneClick Root tool
The Following User Says Thank You to JWhip804 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JWhip804 Ad-Free

2nd December 2011, 02:43 PM |#2  
R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,528

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhip804

Feel free to move this if you feel it doesn't belong.

The reason Im posting here is to get the attention of devs.

My fiance just upgraded to the conquer since it was free and I've been out if work. It doesn't appear anyone is trying to root it yet as there isn't even a sub forum on xda.

Was wondering if I could enlist the help of you fine devs to get this phone rooted. We mainly want root for wifi hotspot so we can cut out internet costs. I know I can just use my hero but would much rather use a phone running 4G.

Thanks in advance for all HELPFUL comments.

Sent from my HERO200 using xda premium

This would be better suited and answered in the General Forum of XDA. My search of it yields no results in root yet but I'd be patient and someone will eventually. They've already released source code for the phone so it shouldn't be too hard when an experienced dev gets a hold of it.

I don't know of any other Heroc devs getting this phone so that's why I suggest posting this along with the other people hoping to achieve root. This only gets attention of Heroc devs who mostly all moved to the shooter 3vo (me also soon). Plus with ICS development going on most of us have got our plates pretty full. At least i know I do.

Figured I'd post at least something for you since no one else responded.
2nd December 2011, 10:40 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCrystal

This would be better suited and answered in the General Forum of XDA. My search of it yields no results in root yet but I'd be patient and someone will eventually. They've already released source code for the phone so it shouldn't be too hard when an experienced dev gets a hold of it.

I don't know of any other Heroc devs getting this phone so that's why I suggest posting this along with the other people hoping to achieve root. This only gets attention of Heroc devs who mostly all moved to the shooter 3vo (me also soon). Plus with ICS development going on most of us have got our plates pretty full. At least i know I do.

Figured I'd post at least something for you since no one else responded.

thanks Matt. I assumed all of the above but I figured id still reach outer to all you guys. Been with you guys for almost 2 years now and know yall are damn good at what you do. Didnt know whether or not someone could use source to try and achieve root with me being the tester.

Now get back to bringing me a beautiful ICS rom lol. J/k enjoying it all for now but moving to Evo 3d in January.

Thanks again. Please move or delete this thread.

10th December 2011, 03:38 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,555

Donate to Me
More
superoneclick should be able to root this. or at least the original GB rom the device shipped with. Havent seen any custom roms tho. and obv no recovery.
11th December 2011, 04:31 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime

superoneclick should be able to root this. or at least the original GB rom the device shipped with. Havent seen any custom roms tho. and obv no recovery.

mainly need root for wifi hotspot. If it works, the stock kernel should suffice correct?

If it does not work, what are the chances of it screwing up the phone?

13th December 2011, 04:10 AM |#6  
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 271

More
Here is a quick Guide to Rooting your Samsung Conquer 4G

1. Download Super One Click Root 2.3.1(below)
2. Extract the rar to any location you choice
3. On your phone click Menu, Settings, Application, Development and check USB Debugging.
4. Open SuperOneClick
5. Plug your phone in to the USB
6. Click Root and watch it do its thing

When it is done it should have installed SuperUsers and you should now be rooted.

At this time there is no Roms or Recoverys so the only thing we benifit from this is some Apps

Links
SuperOneClick 2.3.1
http://www.multiupload.com/VGCN3ZTFM8
The Following User Says Thank You to dray_jr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dray_jr Ad-Free
13th December 2011, 10:36 PM |#7  
Flag Fort Myers,FL

More
i was able to with no questions at all. i have Titanum Backup Root Fully working.

I also tried installing a custom recovery it gave me 2 options Epic and GalaxyS i9000 i tried both just to try with no luck. i might sit down today and look into getting a recovery and or Rom to work but i am not fimilar with doing this but i am still going to try

Once i start i will be making a thread with updates on how it is going. What i would like to see on this phone is of course a clockwork recovery. But also i want a Rom with Sprint ID removed along with the rest of the bloat ware. other then that the phone it self runs great minus a few bugs here and there with some games not booting up or randomly kicking me to the home screen.

but anyway i hope everyone enjoys the root we have now
13th December 2011, 11:58 PM |#8  
R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,528

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dray_jr

i was able to with no questions at all. i have Titanum Backup Root Fully working.

I also tried installing a custom recovery it gave me 2 options Epic and GalaxyS i9000 i tried both just to try with no luck. i might sit down today and look into getting a recovery and or Rom to work but i am not fimilar with doing this but i am still going to try

Once i start i will be making a thread with updates on how it is going. What i would like to see on this phone is of course a clockwork recovery. But also i want a Rom with Sprint ID removed along with the rest of the bloat ware. other then that the phone it self runs great minus a few bugs here and there with some games not booting up or randomly kicking me to the home screen.

but anyway i hope everyone enjoys the root we have now

its not just that simple..... -_-
14th December 2011, 08:37 AM |#9  
Flag Fort Myers,FL

More
i never said it was simple lol but i am very willing to learn so i will take the time to figure it out lol
24th December 2011, 04:06 PM |#10  
Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 39

More
So what would it take for this phone to get its own forum?
1st January 2012, 12:33 AM |#11  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 32

More
thanks for the root! is there a recovery or custom for this yet ??? PLEASE ADVISE
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)