Android 4.0.1 ICS Virtual Machine available for donwload

918 posts
Thanks Meter: 475

By huisinro, Senior Member on 2nd December 2011, 05:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Updated on Aug-19-2012:

Download link: (4.0.4_r1.1)

http://www.vmlite.com/index.php?opti...atid=9&id=8838

we have built a virtual machine from the latest Android ICS 4.0.1 source code, Ice Cream Sandwich. You can download it free from our site.

It's created for virtualbox and vmlite, but can be converted to vmware format.

Unique features:

(1) mouse integration with host, no more mouse trapping
(2) shared folders
(3) auto mount sdcard

This is the full readme:

/////////// readme file ////////

VMLite Android 4.0.1 ICS virtual machine instructions

Copyright 2011 VMLite Corporation

1. Setup the virtual machine

(1) Using Winrar or 7zip to extract the zip file to a folder.

(2) Start VMLite Workstation 4.2 beta or VirtualBox v4, then go to menu Machine > Add, select Android-v4.vbox file to add the vm, you should be able to then
start the virtual machine.

(3) if (2) is not working for you, you can create a new virtual machine using Machine > New VM... menu, choose Linux 2.6 as guest os, add the two vdi files using
IDE controller to the vm. Android-4.vdi as Master, and sdcard.vdi as slave.

2. Using the virtual machine

(1) Drag the lock using the mouse to enter the Android screen.

(2) sdcard is now automatically mounted, if for some reason that it does not work well, you can do it manually as follows:

open a command prompt, and enter these commands: (adb.exe is included in the zip file)

adb connect localhost
adb shell
mount -t vfat /dev/block/sdb /mnt/sdcard

after the above, you should be able to use the sd card, which has 8G size.

If you can't connect using adb, and you are using NAT as network adapter, you need to run the following command:

VBoxManage modifyvm Android-v4 --natpf1 adb,tcp,*,5555,*,5555

If you are using bridged network adpater, you need to use the ip address of your vm to connect, e.g.

adb connect 192.168.1.10

If you have problems connecting to the vm, execute the following commands:

adb kill-server
adb shell

(3) Use shared folders to copy files between vm and host. This build includes shared folders additions, you can use the following commands to mount
the share.

adb kill-server
adb shell
mkdir /mnt/sdcard/c_drive
mount.vboxsf c_drive /mnt/sdcard/c_drive
ls /mnt/sdcard/c_drive

assume you have added a shared folder to the vm named as c_drive. You can ignore the error message from mount.vboxsf.
The Following User Says Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free

2nd December 2011, 07:01 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley, California

More
will continue to add more full screen, dynamic display resolution, emulations, such as GPS, Camera, remoting, etc.

We are determined to make it the best android vm and virtual phone you can even find.

We will also make it to boot a physical pc using the same virtual disk file via our unique VBoot technology, so same file can run as virtual as well as physical.
10th December 2011, 06:54 PM |#3  
tm
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
And what would be your website?
10th December 2011, 07:20 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
google "android v4 vm download", as I still can't post external links here.

refer to readme inside .7z for more instructions

100k download over last week after release.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free
14th December 2011, 12:05 AM |#6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 189

More
having issues with the mouse.... host mouse seems to be 2-3cm higher then ics, cant even reach the menu button
14th December 2011, 02:45 AM |#7  
Flag AnHui
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huisinro

google "android v4 vm download", as I still can't post external links here.

refer to readme inside .7z for more instructions

100k download over last week after release.

let me have a try!
14th December 2011, 05:05 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
yes, it's a bug we are fixing. the mouse moves inside 800x600 while display is 1024x768.

if you see this, try to reboot the vm.

if still like this, you can then disable mouse integration from menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elspanish88

having issues with the mouse.... host mouse seems to be 2-3cm higher then ics, cant even reach the menu button

The Following User Says Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free
26th January 2012, 02:09 PM |#9  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Android 4.0.1 ICS questions
Hi,
I do hope someone can assist me. I downloaded the .7z file, extracted and mounted the .vbox in VirtualBox v4.1.8. All good, it booted up perfectly but problems that arose are as follows:
1: no matter WHAT configuration I choose for networking I simply cannot get the VM to browse any webpages or even to see that there is a network connection. I do see briefly in the bootup that eth0 is loading though, so not sure where to look now as I cannot use ALT-F1 to get to a root shell to do a netcfg to diagnose. When booting the network indicator on the status bar of VBox shows activity, also once it is up and running but no internet access whatsoever.

2: I have noticed I cannot change the time, it defaults to whatever it was when it booted up, that is if the time says 13:20 when it booted up, I cannot change the hour to anything else. if I click set, it just reverts back to 13: or whichever hour digit was there before. Also, clock does not seem to run in this VM. Both the desktop clock and the digital clock on the status bar of Android stay at whatever time it was when it booted up, say 14:20. that is where it will stay, it never updates/moves/keeps time. In the settings page, it seems to be keeping time however.

If there is anyone who can assist me with these issues I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Mark.
27th January 2012, 04:41 AM |#10  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
i get an error at boot...

Code:
init: Timed out waiting for /dev/.cp;dboot_done
Kernel panic - not syncing : Attempted to kill init!
atkbd.c: Spurious ACK is isa 0060/serio0.Some programmight be trying to access hardware directly.
12th February 2012, 04:52 PM |#11  
Flag Forst
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Is there any way to install more Apps?
Have send me one per mail but no way to install...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, virtual machine, virtualbox, vmlite, vmware
Previous Thread Next Thread