Download link: (4.0.4_r1.1)
we have built a virtual machine from the latest Android ICS 4.0.1 source code, Ice Cream Sandwich. You can download it free from our site.
It's created for virtualbox and vmlite, but can be converted to vmware format.
(1) mouse integration with host, no more mouse trapping
(2) shared folders
(3) auto mount sdcard
This is the full readme:
/////////// readme file ////////
VMLite Android 4.0.1 ICS virtual machine instructions
Copyright 2011 VMLite Corporation
1. Setup the virtual machine
(1) Using Winrar or 7zip to extract the zip file to a folder.
(2) Start VMLite Workstation 4.2 beta or VirtualBox v4, then go to menu Machine > Add, select Android-v4.vbox file to add the vm, you should be able to then
start the virtual machine.
(3) if (2) is not working for you, you can create a new virtual machine using Machine > New VM... menu, choose Linux 2.6 as guest os, add the two vdi files using
IDE controller to the vm. Android-4.vdi as Master, and sdcard.vdi as slave.
2. Using the virtual machine
(1) Drag the lock using the mouse to enter the Android screen.
(2) sdcard is now automatically mounted, if for some reason that it does not work well, you can do it manually as follows:
open a command prompt, and enter these commands: (adb.exe is included in the zip file)
adb connect localhost
mount -t vfat /dev/block/sdb /mnt/sdcard
after the above, you should be able to use the sd card, which has 8G size.
If you can't connect using adb, and you are using NAT as network adapter, you need to run the following command:
VBoxManage modifyvm Android-v4 --natpf1 adb,tcp,*,5555,*,5555
If you are using bridged network adpater, you need to use the ip address of your vm to connect, e.g.
adb connect 192.168.1.10
If you have problems connecting to the vm, execute the following commands:
(3) Use shared folders to copy files between vm and host. This build includes shared folders additions, you can use the following commands to mount
mount.vboxsf c_drive /mnt/sdcard/c_drive
assume you have added a shared folder to the vm named as c_drive. You can ignore the error message from mount.vboxsf.