FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OBSOLETE] unofficial CyanogenMod 9/ClockworkMod Recovery 5 for Allwinner A10 devices

2,376 posts
Thanks Meter: 652

By fun_, Senior Member on 6th December 2011, 09:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
this was a work-in-progress development project for porting CyanogenMod 9 (ICS/4.0.4) and ClockworkMod Recovery 5 to Allwinner A10 devices.

but my CM9 is obsolete now. if you want to get CM9, please refer other active projects.

currently here is only for my miscellaneous work for Allwinner A10 devices. if you have a question about development work for A10, you may post it on here. but I can't guarantee any answer.

* links to other active CM9/CM10 projects
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1821398 CM10 for many A10 tablets by Christian Troy
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1760929 CM9 for many A10 tablets by Christian Troy
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/3382...tgpsusb-audio/ for NOVO7 Advanced(1) by tsynik

* links to other active AOKP projects
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1760931 for many A10 tablets by Christian Troy
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to fun_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fun_ Ad-Free

6th December 2011, 09:30 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
* How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5
1. (if you don't have official ROM and flash tool,) make backup of recovery partition
2. download recovery.zip and unzip it
3. put install-recovery.sh and recovery.img(recovery.cpio for GB ROM) on /sdcard/ *1 *2
4. run install-recovery.sh from root shell or any apps which can run a script (terminal, gscript, etc)
e.g.
Code:
> adb shell
$ su
# sh /sdcard/install-recovery.sh
* How to boot recovery
1. put reboot-recovery.sh on /sdcard/ *1 *2
2. run reboot-recovery.sh from root shell or any apps which can run a script (terminal, gscript, etc)
e.g.
Code:
> adb shell
$ su
# sh /sdcard/reboot-recovery.sh
*1 if you are using CM9, install-recovery.sh and reboot-recovery.sh are already installed on /system/bin/. if you are not using CM9, you can put these scripts on your ROM.
*2 /sdcard/ is referred as "SD card" on Android, but it may not be physical/external "SD Card". please make sure files are placed on /sdcard/.

* How to boot recovery (alternative)
for ainol NOVO7 AdvancedII/Aurora/Elf
BACK + POWER

for other tablets, please find the way to boot recovery.

* How to control ClockworkMod Recovery 5
for ainol NOVO7 Advanced
VOL-: down, VOL+: up, POWER/MENU: select, BACK: back

for ainol NOVO7 AdvancedII/Aurora/Elf
VOL-/MENU: down, VOL+/HOME: up, POWER: select, BACK: back

* How to install CyanogenMod 9
1. download update.zip and put it on internal NAND flash or SD card (don't unzip it)
2. install ClockworkMod Recovery 5
3. reboot recovery
4. install update.zip
5. wipe data/factory reset *3
6. reboot

*3 only if you are upgrading from non-CM9 ROM (CM9 1st install)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fun_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fun_ Ad-Free
6th December 2011, 09:31 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fun_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fun_ Ad-Free
6th December 2011, 10:21 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fun_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fun_ Ad-Free
7th December 2011, 02:19 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi,
I was not shure if I should by the NOVO7 Advanced, but now as I see that there is (or will be) CM avaidable for it , I will buy it.
Thanks for porting

T
7th December 2011, 02:52 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saulmrt

I was not shure if I should by the NOVO7 Advanced, but now as I see that there is (or will be) CM avaidable for it , I will buy it.
Thanks for porting

thank you for your message.

but I don't recommend to buy it because of my CM, unless you like/want to do porting work. my CM is not perfect at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to fun_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fun_ Ad-Free
9th December 2011, 02:33 PM |#7  

More
I ordered it because I thin it is a good piece of hardware, you don't have to be afraid that it was only because of this port.

Well as soon as I have this tablet I will try to help with porting as good as I can.
9th December 2011, 03:37 PM |#8  
Flag Kitchener
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Great work so far OP!

I have the Ainol Advanced waiting for me at the post office. There's already a healthy community over on slatedroid but it's always good to see CM getting ported!
9th December 2011, 09:54 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
thank you for your comments.

I wish I'll re-upload my files in this weekend...(it's not technical reason at all)
The Following User Says Thank You to fun_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fun_ Ad-Free
10th December 2011, 02:34 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
FILES! FILES!! My Kingdom for FILES!!!
10th December 2011, 03:43 PM |#11  

More
i have been longing for it and i suggest to launch a new board for it. it's been a popular device in PRC, taiwan & hong kong already! please note that the 2.0.3 & 2.0.4 firmwares are quite buggy, and i would advise all to flash 1.8 modified version which is stable and can score 18XX at quadrant.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
p76ti

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)