[NARS] is the Nook Automated Rooting System FOR MAC and LINUX
This program has been a WIP for myself for about a month, and I developed it so that people whom wanted to work with the adb development, and “bricking” of devices could quickly restore their devices to root. This program can also be used for a new user to, backup their programs, restore their programs, Root, Unroot, and Full restore.
- Download any app, and attempt to install it.
You can use this app if you need.
- Click on the Package Installer, and then a prompt will pop up asking if you want change the settings to allow 3rd party apps.
*DO NOT ENABLE 3RD PARTY IF YOU WISH TO ACCESS ADB*
I am working on a way to have it enabled by default.
- In the settings page you should see *2* USB Debugging modes.
*NOTE: if you disable automount, Debugging will maintain through unplugs
- Press them both and accept the prompt.
- PLUG IN YOUR DEVICE.
Note* You should see the Android Development icon on the bottom of the screen.
ADB will now be able to see your device. How ever you will need to restart the server before it sees it.
As it stands right now this scrip has 4 functions, and a video will be made for it tomorrow.
USE THIS SCRIPT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!
[CENTER][B][I][SIZE="5"]Start up script (Inside NARS):[/I][/B][/CENTER]
- Check to see what operating system is running for which adb to used
- Inject the product id into the adb_usb.ini file.
- Start the adb server and look for devices.
- Verify that chosen devices is actually a Nook
- Load Menu
- Rooting with zergRush and installation of the su Binary
- Installing busybox
- Installing Gapps
- Factory reset
- OTA block
- Semi-automated install and config of keyboards
- Installing launchers
- Installing HomeCatcher
- Custom Unbloating
- Backup and custom recovery