[rom]dec 9) superosr gingerbread bravia engine cm7 supsettingsv20

1,457 posts
Thanks Meter: 987

By rdannar, Senior Member on 9th December 2011, 07:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
FOR TESTING AND DEVELOPMENT WHILE I AWAIT MY REPLACEMENT PHONE.

This is a alpha stage port of the SuperOSR or super open source rom. It is developed by the super team. Here is there description quoted from their web page

8.6-AW SuperAosp Samsung Galaxy S

Notapor superatmel "June 10, 2011, 16:02
SuperAosp

Special thanks to the creator of the theme inexus from which I was inspired to give a graphic touch to the rom.

This rom (not a mod) has been developed entirely from the source of Google and very little of Cyanogen framework.

Thanks to Cyanogen and all his staff for the contributions received.

This rom I have installed three terminals, a free Poland, and two orange, one with a month and another one day, the three smoothl.

I used Ricardo's cm7 rom to port it to our device.

I did not hellraise as that didn't work for this one, But I have ported this rom to another device so was aware that the CM7 files and SuperOSR files are very compatible.

I like to think that SuperOSR is a colorful and interactive CM7 that is easy to use. Instead of CM7 settings you have supsettingsV20

A LIL ABOUT ME

This is not my first rom, but I have only had the phone for one day before making Rom. I have modded and/or ported roms for the x10 the motorola bravo and now the thrill 3D. This rom is visually made to be caught up to mu thrill rom so i can update them around the same time. I am slowly getting used to Samsung files.
Thanks to all the other developers in the Infuse/sgs2 forums. My base file is stock gingerbread modding tricks from several developers. You can use most gingerbread kernels with this rom.

Must have cwm recovery to install. This install does not erase data but always remember to manually delete data if you are not coming from a CM7 based Rom... and backup your data and rom

HOW TO INSTALL
Prerequisite: You must be running a kernel with CWM and be on the FROYO BASEBAND
1) Download SuperOSR ROM and place it on your SD card.
2) Power off your phone.
3) With the phone powered off, hold volume button down and the power button for about 10 seconds and then release all three when you see the lg logo disappear and reappear. This should boot you into CWM.
4) Select "wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe advanced/dalvick".
5) Select "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to and select V
SUPEROSR
6) Once done click Reboot System Now.

I am not responsible for what you do to your phone. Use at your own risk. I am not responsible for SDcard or anything you choose to do to your phone.
NOT WORKING
SD CARD DOESNT MOUNT TO WINDOWS
WINDOWS DOESNT DETECT USB
NO 3D

[INDENT]
  • CM7 boot.img
  • theme chooser
  • Sup Settings V20 fully working
  • changed some icons
  • build.prop edits
  • can change animations
  • back up installed programs
  • enable/disable programs one/click
  • some gapps applications included already
  • Sony braviaengine thanks to zhidzu
  • Ultima battery notifications 5% still need editing for 1%
  • tons of changes to icons and appearance (always a work in progress)
  • lremoved stocklauncher (used Arc Launcher)
  • removed apps that can easily be downloaded from market
http://hotfile.com/dl/137105049/b511...erOSR.zip.html
FOR TESTING AND DEVELOPMENT WHILE I AWAIT MY REPLACEMENT PHONE.

This is a port of the SuperOSR or super open source rom. It is developed by the super team. Here is there description quoted from their web page

8.6-AW SuperAosp Samsung Galaxy S

Notapor superatmel "June 10, 2011, 16:02
SuperAosp

Special thanks to the creator of the theme inexus from which I was inspired to give a graphic touch to the rom.

This rom (not a mod) has been developed entirely from the source of Google and very little of Cyanogen framework.

Thanks to Cyanogen and all his staff for the contributions received.

This rom I have installed three terminals, a free Poland, and two orange, one with a month and another one day, the three smoothl.

I used Ricardo's cm7 rom to port it to our device.

I did not hellraise as that didn't work for this one, But I have ported this rom to another device so was aware that the CM7 files and SuperOSR files are very compatible.

I like to think that SuperOSR is a colorful and interactive CM7 that is easy to use. Instead of CM7 settings you have supsettingsV20

A LIL ABOUT ME

This is not my first rom, but I have only had the phone for one day before making Rom. I have modded and/or ported roms for the x10 the motorola bravo and now the thrill 3D. This rom is visually made to be caught up to mu thrill rom so i can update them around the same time. I am slowly getting used to Samsung files.
Thanks to all the other developers in the Infuse/sgs2 forums. My base file is stock gingerbread modding tricks from several developers. You can use most gingerbread kernels with this rom.

Must have cwm recovery to install. This install does not erase data but always remember to manually delete data if you are not coming from a CM7 based Rom... and backup your data and rom

HOW TO INSTALL
Prerequisite: You must be running a kernel with CWM and be on the FROYO BASEBAND
1) Download SuperOSR ROM and place it on your SD card.
2) Power off your phone.
3) With the phone powered off, hold both volume buttons and the power button for about 10 seconds and then release all three when you see the Galaxy S II logo disappear and reappear. This should boot you into CWM.
4) Select "wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe advanced/dalvick".
5) Select "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to and select VISION_ROM
6) Once done click Reboot System Now.

I am not responsible for what you do to your phone. Use at your own risk.
NOT WORKING
SD CARD DOESNT MOUNT TO WINDOWS
WINDOWS DOESNT DETECT USB
NO 3D

[INDENT]
  • CM7 boot.img
  • theme chooser
  • Sup Settings V20 fully working
  • changed some icons
  • build.prop edits
  • can change animations
  • back up installed programs
  • enable/disable programs one/click
  • some gapps applications included already
  • Sony braviaengine thanks to zhidzu
  • Ultima battery notifications 5% still need editing for 1%
  • tons of changes to icons and appearance (always a work in progress)
  • lremoved stocklauncher (used Arc Launcher)
  • removed apps that can easily be downloaded from market
http://hotfile.com/dl/137105049/b511...erOSR.zip.html
The Following User Says Thank You to rdannar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rdannar Ad-Free
9th December 2011, 07:51 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1323456667460.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	810981   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1323456681174.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	810982   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1323456696746.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	810983  
9th December 2011, 11:10 PM |#3  
Flag Portugal
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Froyo, without 3D support, I think I will pass this one.
9th December 2011, 11:17 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Its gingerbread just froyo baseband.. the thrill doesn't have gb baseband so just making options

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
10th December 2011, 07:52 PM |#5  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Still, this is nothing needed, sorry. We'll get ICS soon from Cyanogenmod and a port from another rom without the 3D functions are useless.
11th December 2011, 11:13 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Not needed?
Have you seen this forum the last month or so? It's DEAD!
Any, and I say ANY project from any developer should be welcomed. And building a ROM not-stock is a f*cking good news!

So it has problems, no 3D, uses Froyo Baseband... WTF PEOPLE: IT'S IN ALPHA STAGE!

Very very much thanks rdannar for your work.
11th December 2011, 11:25 AM |#7  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beriaru

Not needed?
Have you seen this forum the last month or so? It's DEAD!
Any, and I say ANY project from any developer should be welcomed. And building a ROM not-stock is a f*cking good news!

So it has problems, no 3D, uses Froyo Baseband... WTF PEOPLE: IT'S IN ALPHA STAGE!

Very very much thanks rdannar for your work.

Well then you could help him and by the time this one is finished you can use it too while everybody else uses ICS. Good job!
11th December 2011, 02:43 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdX

Still, this is nothing needed, sorry. We'll get ICS soon from Cyanogenmod and a port from another rom without the 3D functions are useless.

hahaha, ya sure... "soon"... wait for that to happen maybe spring next year
11th December 2011, 03:31 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Just messing with stuff... Eventually it will mix with ics also... Every development of a Rom or port has to start somewhere... I have like 6 Rom going for 3 different phones. so eventually i want all three phones with similar Rom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
11th December 2011, 03:32 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Really i only want people to try this if they want to help with development. .. I wouldn't recommend this one for just trying... Its pretty unstable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
11th December 2011, 11:43 PM |#11  
Flag Bregenz
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Installed, bootet normaly but not asking for PIN and no network no working INT or EXT SD and reboots(especially in SEMC Launcher). Flashed V10K Baseband WIPED installed again but no working network and Reboots and no working INTERNAL or EXTERNAL SD Card again.....

if this helps you.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)