Teaser time is over, here is the build.
Version alpha 1 is here, nothing new for A101, it just adds touchscreen for A80 owners.
Preliminary warning: this is buggy as hell, don't expect a functional build. This is only if you want to get an early taste of ICS. And as usual, I'm not responsible if you blow your tablet.
- Framebuffer with 3D driver enabled.
- Touchscreen (A101 only)
What doesn't work:
- Everything else
- Internal storage is not mounted.
- Most notably, audio/video/power management/charging.
- You need sde menu enabled, see instructions here if you didn't do it already.
- Copy sysroot_ice.img to internal storage root:
adb push sysroot_ice.img /data/media
- On boot menu, select "Recovery system"
- Select "developer edition menu"/"flash kernel and initramfs"
- A drive should appear on your PC, copy zImage and initramfs.cpio.gz to it.
- Select OK, the kernel should flash.
- Select OK to reboot.
You should see two menus coming before boot, just wait for timeout. Other options won't work for your device.
- Wifi AP scan doesn't work at first. Just add a dummy network, it doesn't matter if it doesn't exist really, scan will work after that (on wifi panel, click on "Add Network" button, top right of the screen then type "dummy" as network SSID, then OK).
- As I didn't want to interfere with regular build, data partition is the same as system image file, so there is only about 90M for apps.
I don't need feedback on bugs and problem running it as there is too many in current state. But let me know if you were able to run it though.
12/12/2011 - version alpha1, should support A80 now. Thanks to a1Pha for the test!