[PORT] Opera Mini for WP7 - for fully unlocked devices [Dec 25 update]

Search This thread

Alexiures

Jul 2, 2010
Bucharest
Huawei Watch GT 3
Getting the same message to check my unlock state. At the moment I have nextgen+ rom that should be full unlocked..... or I may be mistaken but i'm prety sure it is :). Anyway, great job you've done here, let's hope more apps have the possibility to be ported to wp7 :D

Last edited:

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
How about Skype for WM? What are the main troubles that could be met while porting some apps? :)
I doubt there are any reasons not to wait a little until official release.

Getting the same message to check my unlock state. At the moment I have nextgen+ rom that should be full unlocked..... or I may be mistaken but i'm prety sure it is :). Anyway, great job you've done here, let's hope more apps have the possibility to be ported to wp7 :D
i am pretty sure pryanik will fix this problem in his rom

Reactions: AndrewSh

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Last edited:

ap3rus

May 8, 2010
Saint-Petersburg
There's a small issue - when trying to run Opera Mini from applications again - it does not start, so if app is disappeared from the recent applications view, it's unable to restart it until phone reboot.

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
ap3rus, ok - Opera is a first unofficial port of WM6.5 application to WP7.

Sure - there is no perfection in the nature in general :)
And some bugs are possible....
In this case the most important thing is the fact of porting the application.... The rest will be gradually fixed.

Anyway - thanx for testing .!

Last edited:

momadine

Jul 15, 2009
Why not to make the same for Iris Browser, It has native support for flash player (I checked some videos over youtube).

If you can do it then we will have flash enabled browser at our Windows phone :)

Please correct me I Am wrong.

Thanks.

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
Nice App

Hi guys. You are doing big work. Application works well on new DFT 7740 ROM. After 3 hour experiments I have unplugged phone from computer, cable must not be plugged (different to IE, I must read manuals better):)
Are you able to port Java2ME to WP7? I mean it will a lot of work, but it can solve step-by-step porting of big applications amount. For example Opera mini 6 java version fo S80 (similar to my Gold device) is very nice in landscape.
Also any WM emulator/wrapper may do similar function, it may be more easy then mobile java porting.

Do not you want publish any simple porting tutorial? I can help with WP7 native coding probably. I work as industry devices C programmer, but it is too long way for me without any "know how".

Reactions: dormix

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Why not to make the same for Iris Browser, It has native support for flash player (I checked some videos over youtube).

If you can do it then we will have flash enabled browser at our Windows phone :)

Please correct me I Am wrong.

Thanks.
What Iris has over opera? (except flash)

Hi guys. You are doing big work. Application works well on new DFT 7740 ROM. After 3 hour experiments I have unplugged phone from computer, cable must not be plugged (different to IE, I must read manuals better):)
Are you able to port Java2ME to WP7? I mean it will a lot of work, but it can solve step-by-step porting of big applications amount. For example Opera mini 6 java version fo S80 (similar to my Gold device) is very nice in landscape.
Also any WM emulator/wrapper may do similar function, it may be more easy then mobile java porting.

Do not you want publish any simple porting tutorial? I can help with WP7 native coding probably. I work as industry devices C programmer, but it is too long way for me without any "know how".
I will definitely post some details later. Currently I just don't have enough info to share, sharing less will just confuse.

So, next milestone:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Opera Mini for Windows Phone 7
    FOR FULLY UNLOCKED ROMS ONLY

First of all, I am not an author of Opera. That's Opera Software ASA property. I am only the author of this xap wrapper and related proxy libraries.
    Xap or any parts of it cannot be sold.

Current version of launcher is 1.2 (it is the same in both Mobile and Mini).
    What's new?
    • Application window gets recreated on the startup if Opera was already opened.
    • Got rid of WindowTreeUpdater, now using system functions directly.
    • Font smoothing
    • Removed some unneeded system calls.
    • Now timeout is 3 seconds.
    Rotation support wasn't implemented in this version. Windows Phone 7 API doesn't support it in fully native apps.

Q&A
    What is it?
    That's Opera Mini 5.1 initially built for Windows Mobile. I've just added an extra layer that makes it running.
    The only limitation so far is no rotation support - but this limitation will be deleted in future.

Why does it only work on fully unlocked ROMs (like DFT Freedom)? Isn't developer/interop unlock enough to run it?
    Developer unlock will let you install xap. Interop unlock will let inbuilt interop library work. Full unlock will let Opera native exe run.
    That means, nothing except Full unlock will help you run it. Don't ask me about other unlock methods, that's not something to discuss in this thread.

Which ROMs should I use?
    All ROMs that use DFT-like unlock method. I say "like" because there are some other methods, I can't list them all. I can't tell you "Yes, it will work on this rom" or opposite, just test it and leave a note if you want.

Is Opera Mobile port possible in future?
    Yes, already done

What's countdown made for?
    Press "Stop" and check.

When I press "Stop", there is a "Delete internal opera folders" button. Why is it here? I can delete this app like any other WP application...
    The reason is that Opera launcher goes beyond the standard isolated store. For example, it creates \Program Files\Opera Mini folder. Also it adds some absent libraries to \Windows\.
    If you delete Opera launcher "like any other WP application", folders beyond the sandbox will still stay there. So, use "Delete internal Opera folders" button wisely :)

I have problems with starting it up...
    If it Opera launcher's window doesn't appear at all, it means you have no interopunlock.
    If it throws an error with "Check your unlock state" in the end, it means your unlock isn't enough for running native executables/copying files.
    Anyway, you shouldn't post about it here. I will ignore such comments.

Thanks to AndrewSh and feropont for tests.

1.0 download count: 7090.

Opera Mobile is discussed here
    Good

Good job, my friend:)

Wanna add that this "good job" works on both our (feropont and my) fully unlocked customs w/o issues....
    i am working on fixes for these problems
    Not working in my mozart with DFT rom v3(7740.16).!!!!
    also show this error: "Check your unlock state". and close it.
    I surely tested it on DFT v3 before posting. I will check it again.

Doesn't work on my Omnia 7 with Interop Unlock (7740) :(

"A problem occured while creating new process. Check your unlock state."
    Read the first post:
    Why does it only work on fully unlocked ROMs (like DFT Freedom)? Isn't developer/interop unlock enough to run it?
    Developer unlock will let you install xap. Interop unlock will let inbuilt interop library work. Full unlock will let Opera native exe run.
    That means, nothing except Full unlock will help you run it. Don't ask me about other unlock methods, that's not something to discuss in this thread.