FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

{ST15}[Xperia mini] - Decrease Touchscreen sensitivity (Overheat Issue)

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Namidu, Junior Member on 12th December 2011, 05:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I find out that mini's menu and back keys are along with the touchscreen panel. so anyone who have this problem (menu and back key keep pressing like crazy) why because...

(*). phone get heat (not overheat even normal temp lvs) and heat sensitive capacitive touchscreen gets sensitive to that heat and do following things.

- touchpanel menu and back key keep pressing on and on (if Settings>Sound>Haptic feedback is enabled it keeps vibrating) can't do anything on phone

- If somehow disable back and menu keys (system/usr/keylayout/cyttsp_key.kl add # to key 139 and key 158) touchscreen long press and dragging not working if you use panting software and try to draw something it miss lines(keep tapping)

hw_config.sh is like following

Code:
Audio jack configuration
dev=/sys/devices/platform/simple_remote.0
echo 0,201,1600 > $dev/accessory_min_vals  # default = 0,200,1600
echo 200,1599  > $dev/accessory_max_vals  # default = 200,1600
echo 0,100,280,500,700 > $dev/button_min_vals  # default = 0,100,300,600,700
echo 99,199,399,699,5000  > $dev/button_max_vals  # default = 99,199,399,699,5000
echo 512   > $dev/btn_trig_period_freq  # Button Period Freq(Hz) default = 512
echo 16  > $dev/btn_trig_period_time  # Button Period Time(cycle) default = 16
echo 512   > $dev/btn_trig_hyst_freq    # Button Hysteresis Freq(Hz) default = 512
echo 16  > $dev/btn_trig_hyst_time   # Button Hysteresis Time(Cycle) default = 16
echo 500 > $dev/btn_trig_level  # default = 500

# Proximity sensor configuration
dev=/sys/bus/i2c/devices/0-0054/
val_cycle=0
val_nburst=26
val_freq=0
val_threshold=2
val_filter=0

nv_param_loader 60240 prox_cal
val_calibrated=$?
case $val_calibrated in
 1)
  nv_param_loader 60240 threshold
  val_threshold=$?
  nv_param_loader 60240 rfilter
  val_filter=$?
  ;;
esac

echo $val_cycle > $dev/cycle    # Duration Cycle. Valid range is 0 - 3.
echo $val_nburst > $dev/nburst  # Number of pulses in burst. Valid range is 0 - 15. 16 - 31 is a special range for smultron only (SP)
echo $val_freq > $dev/freq      # Burst frequency. Valid range is 0 - 3.
echo $val_threshold > $dev/threshold # sensor threshold. Valid range is 0 - 15 (0.12V - 0.87V)
echo $val_filter > $dev/filter  # RFilter. Valid range is 0 - 3.

# LMU AS3676 Configuration
dev=/sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0040/leds
echo 1 > $dev/lcd-backlight/als/enable  #Sensor on/off. 1 = on, reg 90h
echo 3,2,2,0 > $dev/lcd-backlight/als/params  #[gain],[filter_up],[filter_down],[offset]
echo 8000 > $dev/button-backlight-rgb1/max_current
echo 8000 > $dev/button-backlight-rgb2/max_current
echo 1,30,255,54,52,1,65 > $dev/lcd-backlight/als/curve  # ALS curve display BL [grp],[Y0],[Y3],[K1],[K2],[X1],[X2]
echo 2,48,0,128,128,4,10 > $dev/button-backlight-rgb1/als/curve  # ALS curve key LED 1 [grp],[Y0],[Y3],[K1],[K2],[X1],[X2]
echo 2,48,0,128,128,4,10 > $dev/button-backlight-rgb2/als/curve  # ALS curve key LED 2 [grp],[Y0],[Y3],[K1],[K2],[X1],[X2]
echo 3,71,255,64,32,5,37 > $dev/red/als/curve  # ALS curve RGB(red) [grp],[Y0],[Y3],[K1],[K2],[X1],[X2]
echo 3,71,255,64,32,5,37 > $dev/green/als/curve  # ALS curve RGB(green) [grp],[Y0],[Y3],[K1],[K2],[X1],[X2]
echo 3,71,255,64,32,5,37 > $dev/blue/als/curve  # ALS curve RGB(blue) [grp],[Y0],[Y3],[K1],[K2],[X1],[X2]

# Touch panel
dev=/sys/devices/platform/spi_qsd.0/spi0.0
app_id=`cat  $dev/appid`
case "$app_id" in
	"0x0505")
		fw=touch_smultron_innolux.hex
        ;;
	"0x0105")
		fw=touch_smultron_sony.hex
        ;;
	"0x0015")
        ;;
	*)
        ;;
esac
cyttsp_fwloader -dev $dev -fw /system/etc/firmware/$fw

# TI BQ275xx firmware loader
bq275xx_fwloader
I highlight the line, Touch panel drivers are
/sys/devices/platform/spi_qsd.0/spi0.0 , /system/etc/firmware/touch_smultron_sony.hex , and cyttsp_fwloader

only editable file is touch_smultron_sony.hex
in my opinion it is a Hexadecimal microcontroller machine language

can someone convert this Hex to high level language and fix above mention bugs? (many users are suffering and you could be one to help them!!!)

[touch_smultron_sony.hex](This could be Touch firmware update)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Namidu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Namidu Ad-Free

13th December 2011, 03:08 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hi Namidu,

Where are you located? I think that the official service centers have some kind of calibration fix for the touchscreen sensitivity. Check this forum out http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/...t=780&tstart=0

hope this helps
13th December 2011, 06:11 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Maharagama

More
Thanks to you reply! i think someone can solve above mention bug soon (anyway i think we need experts to solve this please help me to do it)
13th December 2011, 06:18 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Maharagama

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by proprg8

Hi Namidu,

Where are you located? I think that the official service centers have some kind of calibration fix for the touchscreen sensitivity. Check this forum out http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/...t=780&tstart=0

hope this helps

Hey I Live in Sri lanka we got no SE service center, and my phone is rooted!!!
and think i am not the only one
14th December 2011, 06:53 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
hi, I have xperia mini and I dont have that touch button issue, what if I extract my touch drivers for you and you install them on your phone, would this help you guys?
I dont know how to extract files, but my phone is rooted, you guys have to teach me how to extract. I m always happy to help
The Following User Says Thank You to metalrawk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift metalrawk Ad-Free
14th December 2011, 06:48 PM |#6  
Flag Jagodina
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrawk

hi, I have xperia mini and I dont have that touch button issue, what if I extract my touch drivers for you and you install them on your phone, would this help you guys?
I dont know how to extract files, but my phone is rooted, you guys have to teach me how to extract. I m always happy to help

That wouldn't be the problem as all devices are shipped with same software, so you would be overwriting the same files.
15th December 2011, 06:40 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Maharagama

More
Smile
Quote:

That helps i think, but if you got that calibration fix it would be better.

1 . Download ADB interface for Windows.
2. go to DOS (type cmd in run) unzip 7z file to C:\
3. Plug your phone to PC and turn on USB Debugging and turn phone to Memorycard mod(MSC).
3. in dos command prompt type C:\tools
4. this command will pull files from your phone to computer
Quote:

adb pull /system/etc/firmware/touch_smultron_sony.hex c:\touch_drivers/touch_smultron_sony.hex

and to copy hw_config.sh
Quote:

adb pull etc/hw_config.sh c:\touch_drivers/hw_config.sh

And Upload Those Files!!!
15th December 2011, 11:05 AM |#8  
Flag Pascani
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

@metalrawk: If the above method posted bay Namidu does not work fo you, just use any root file manager (like free app File Expert, with root explorer enabled) and copy those files from the phone internal storage, to your sd card. Then it will be easy to copy this two files (touch_smultron_sony.hex and hw_config.sh) to your computer and to upload them here.
15th December 2011, 11:31 AM |#9  

More
thats it? i knew how to simply copy from system
btw here is hex file- http://db.tt/Nl3QeESz
and tell me where is hw_config,sh located. I dont know its path.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

and anyone tried SE15e .58 firmware on ST15i?
that might solve your problem
The Following User Says Thank You to metalrawk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift metalrawk Ad-Free
15th December 2011, 11:40 AM |#10  
Flag Pascani
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

thats it? i knew how to simply copy from system
btw here is hex file- http://db.tt/Nl3QeESz
and tell me where is hw_config,sh located. I dont know its path.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

and anyone tried SE15e .58 firmware on ST15i?
that might solve your problem

Thanks metalrawk! I will try to use your hex file, to see if it is any diference. What's the firmware version on your phone? I have the firmware version 4.0.2.A.0.42. There is a newer one?
15th December 2011, 11:55 AM |#11  

More
latest firmware for ST15 is 4.0.2.A.42 but SE released 4.0.2.A.58 (newer) for SE15e model which is same as ST15i and used in Japan.
some users flashed that FW in their ST15i and reported that it works.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fix xperia mini 100%, xperia mini overheat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)