FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

{ST15}[Xperia mini] - Decrease Touchscreen sensitivity (Overheat Issue)

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Namidu, Junior Member on 12th December 2011, 05:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2011, 03:45 PM |#31  
Flag Maringá - PR
Thanks Meter: 2,450

Donate to Me
More
Hello, at the very beginning, when I was using my phone was madly fw42 with this problem, after flash fw0283 showed no more symptoms!
After that flash fw42 again and yet the problem does not appear! (thankfully)
So I can not understand what really happened!
But one thing I noticed when I was having trouble baseband version was 8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028D-56!
Now I'm with the baseband-8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028A-49!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gustavo RD78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gustavo RD78 Ad-Free

30th December 2011, 07:17 PM |#32  
Flag Mérida
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo RD78

Hello, at the very beginning, when I was using my phone was madly fw42 with this problem, after flash fw0283 showed no more symptoms!
After that flash fw42 again and yet the problem does not appear! (thankfully)
So I can not understand what really happened!
But one thing I noticed when I was having trouble baseband version was 8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028D-56!
Now I'm with the baseband-8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028A-49!

In my case even with the baseband you mention no solution. I change to an Xperia Active. But I'll send the mini to ad repaired or buy a Ray, I'm very very disappointed a waste of money, I'll never get it back (unlocked bootloader).

Enviado desde mi ST17a usando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to davidzam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davidzam Ad-Free
3rd January 2012, 08:28 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
It seems cyttsp_fwloader has auto-calibration itself, so I poked the file and finally my phone is fixed now. Hopefully anyone who has the issue could use this method, too.

This script is written by GScript Lite, or maybe you could use this as a shell script. In both cases, you need a root access to run this script.
Code:
dev=/sys/devices/platform/spi_qsd.0/spi0.0
fw=touch_smultron_sony.hex
cyttsp_fwloader -dev $dev -fw /system/etc/firmware/$fw -verify_only
sleep 5
reboot -p
Your phone will shutdown by running this script, and after powering-on, your phone should be fixed.

Note (as usual): I don't have any responsible for this script, so use at your own risk!
Attached Files
File Type: txt touchpanel.sh.txt - [Click for QR Code] (174 Bytes, 9651 views)
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Kusa123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kusa123 Ad-Free
3rd January 2012, 11:44 AM |#34  
Flag Maringá - PR
Thanks Meter: 2,450

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa123

It seems cyttsp_fwloader has auto-calibration itself, so I poked the file and finally my phone is fixed now. Hopefully anyone who has the issue could use this method, too.

This script is written by GScript Lite, or maybe you could use this as a shell script. In both cases, you need a root access to run this script.

Code:
sleep 5
reboot -p
Your phone will shutdown by running this script, and after powering-on, your phone should be fixed.

Note (as usual): I don't have any responsible for this script, so use at your own risk!

Could you send me your file I have modified to compare with mine?
I have backups of the Roma who had the defect, so I'll try to delve into!

Thank's
The Following User Says Thank You to Gustavo RD78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gustavo RD78 Ad-Free
3rd January 2012, 02:54 PM |#35  

More
nope, everyone should have same .hex file. all you need is executing a firmware loader program (cyttsp_fwloader).

hope this helps

Sent from my ST15a
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kusa123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kusa123 Ad-Free
4th January 2012, 08:02 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Are you Sure with this *.sh file?where i put this file into system? in /system/etc or where?!
The Following User Says Thank You to adi86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adi86 Ad-Free
4th January 2012, 10:55 AM |#37  

More
use GScript lite and load the file from edit screen.

Sent from my ST15a
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kusa123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kusa123 Ad-Free
4th January 2012, 12:11 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
OK..i will try..but the file xtension is *.txt not *.sh..its fine or i should change the xtension into *.sh??
4th January 2012, 10:17 PM |#39  
Flag Manila, PH
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:

Code:
sleep 5
reboot -p

I think that after 3 months of hopelessness and frustration, my phone is finally fixed!

I thought it didn't work because Gscript just displayed 'stderr' like 5 times before rebooting, but after the reboot it's all fixed.

Thank you so much!

Android version: 2.3.4
Baseband version: 8x55a-AAABQOAZM-203028D-56
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-perf SEMCUser@SEMCHost #1
Build number: 4.0.2.A.0.42
The Following User Says Thank You to Xaeons For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xaeons Ad-Free
5th January 2012, 08:44 AM |#40  
Flag shiraz
Thanks Meter: 1

More
sorry for my bad English
my ST15I is finally fixed!
very easy
download GScript Lite from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=486486
write the code in GScript Lite then save this, after save click this script
Your phone will shutdown, and after powering on, your phone should be fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to dashkanr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dashkanr Ad-Free
5th January 2012, 11:27 AM |#41  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up Solution
Quote:

Code:
sleep 5
reboot -p

After a visit to the local SE service center my Mini came back having the same problems like before. I had no issues with the back and menu keys, but my screen was very unresponsive, especially when the phone was hot (after charging or after gaming).

You script seems to be the solution! The touch behavior is similar to what I am getting from my Galaxy Note.
I am doing a full charge now and will then run extended tests to be 100% sure.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to skritikos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skritikos Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fix xperia mini 100%, xperia mini overheat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)