Watch it in action here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OojU0REhrL0.
bLED kernel module updated to 0.2. Should fix the random crash occuring. Not sure how many of you guys checked the dmesg and found out plenty of stack traces on 0.1
Grab your copy bled-0.2-lkm-update.zip and flash with Clockworkmod. Leave the bled-0.1.apk installed as is, no update is available for that yet
bLED touchkey button notification for GALAXY Note, version 0.1-EA
The wait is over.
Introducing bLED, my version of blinking notification through touchkey button LEDs. It's still on its early access version 0.1, and there are still some known inconveniences or bugs. Please refer to the known problems section for more info.
After applying the patch and installing the apk, your GALAXY Note will blink any notification found on the status bar, including missed calls and (TouchWiz) SMS
This MOD has been tested on KKA kernel, but it should support all stock kernels (seems like none of custom kernels are supported). But if anything happens, you can restore with the nandroid backup of (just) your system image.
ok, unfortunatly this Mod works with none of newer FM- and Abyss-Kernels....so we have to wait for the devs implementing stock touchkey drivers.
For all ROCKET ROM Users: of course you can switch to any CF-Root Kernel and this Mod will work - but you'll lose important init.d-tweaks if you do so, cause none of chainfires kernels support init.d-scripting
- You'll need a clockworkmod-enabled GALAXY Note. Some advanced users can also load the kernel module by him/herselves.
0) Do nandroid backups!
Will not held responsible for bricking your phone if you don't backup first
1) Install the MOD
1.a) Download the update.zip (updated to bled-0.2-lkm-update.zip) and copy over to your SD card
1.b) Reboot in CWM to flash the update.zip. Go to "install zip from sdcard", "choose zip from sdcard", navigate and select the bled-0.2-lkm-update.zip.
1.c) Power off the phone, and start it again (obviously)
2) Install the bLED accessibility service
2.a) Go to "Settings", "Applications". Tick on "Unknown Sources" option.
2.b) Download bled-0.1.apk and install it on your phone. Don't look for it afterwards on your drawer menu as it does not contain real Activity-based application.
2.c) Go to "Settings", "Accessibility". Tick "Accessibility" and "bLED". Just ignore the warning when ticking "bLED", as I'm not interested on your personal details
Lock your phone. Have missed calls, SMSes, Whatsapp messages, GMail, whatever. They're all going to be blinked by bLED
- Duration of blinking is currently limited to 15 minutes
- There will be several seconds of delay before it will blink sms and missed calls. It happens due to the currenlty implemented notification logic. More of a workaround instead of elegant solution. Hope will have better logic for next releases on handling them.
- There are still some mutex locking bugs on KKA kernel. Very ironic, there seems to be some struggle to support PMIC on the currently best SoC in the world, by looking at the kernel codes.