First of all sorry for my bad English. I represent smartphones distributor from Kiev, Ukraine. We have contacted with GooApple sales director and have got GooApple V5 sample phone for tests before bulk orders.
All I can say: it's just not ready for international market at the moment and unfortunately they are not very much interested in positive firmware or hardware changes.
They have made firmware ios_11.12.08 for our last recall but non of our issues have been resolved + one added: it doesn't react on first home button push after lock screen, it only shows unlock screen after the second home button push or fast twice push.
Here is our issues list:
- Phone's battery draining, runs out too fast!!! After full charge it runs out 75% battery life for 4 hours of usage: 1 call during 5 min., video watch during 8 min., music during 6 min, looking thought photos during 5 min., taking 3 pictures with the camera. 1,5 hour is just for walkthrough over the interface, settings, lock/unlock. 3,5 min. video takes about 5-6% of battery life. And it's without any gaming, internet surfing, making videos. Other time it's just holding.
- Screen has some lightness flickering. Backlight blinking, flashing a little bit from the sides and left top corner.
- Connect button (in putting Wi-Fi password mode) doesn't work. Just can't connect to any locked Wi-Fi network.
- Bad Wi-Fi catch signal even with a close to phone router.
- Doesn't remember icons location on springboard bar after moving around and reboot the phone.
- Showing the last called phone number in background when sending USSD commands (checking balance or any anything else).
- The input keyboard should be the same as iOS with working English and Russian (now it doesn't work) and customization ability in the General folder in Settings.
- Booting animation should be the same as iOS with Apple logo only.
- Creating folders (put in and put out icons) and moving icons around doesn't work properly.
- The font in Calendar, Time, Dial is not the same as iOS.
- The sim card pin code enter should be the same as iOS.
- How to delete apps like Call Log, PowerOff... chinese QQ and others?
- Reminders, Maps, Weather Stocks iReader apps should be in English.
- Browser app should be renamed to Safari.
- Gallery app should be renamed to Photos.
- Phone key at dialpad should be renamed to Keypad.
- Must speed up fake iOS usage response, performance.
- Must speed up screen rotation/orientation response.
- Must replace red ! (exclamation) to the Sending progress bar when sending messages/SMS.
- Must replace chinese word to english word Call at the dial pad.
- Make possibility of adding your own ringtones in the Settings.
- Make double tap or pres hold the home button for multitask, running apps view like on iOS with appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Make possibility of completely close/kill apps taking up memory and running in the background.
- Make dialing numbers sound quieter (it's set to max by default).
- Make lock/unlock sound quieter (it's set to max by default but should be possible to customize).
- Make full-screen camera mode when taking photos.
- Correct + - add sound mode when playing video, music (quiet sound from 2 to 6 bars and after 6 bars it's big increase in sound).
- Remake Videos app (it should redirect/open phone's gallery instead of SDcard content).
- Remake YouTube app (it should be in English or redirect/open youtube.com).
- WLAN folder in Settings should be renamed to Wi-Fi.
- Phone warms up when gaming, talking, videos.
- It doesn't recognize sim card enter when ON.
- Word Wednesday comes out of the Calendar app icon.
- Power On/Off button dangles, swing around with sound.
- Upper background part can be seen when charging.
- While start pinching any picture from the center it zooms in with imprecision to the side of the picture.
- Battery life doesn't shows properly on lock screen (it shows all empty when screen corner shows less of 20% battery life).
- It Reboots by itself few times during the day when locking the screen.
If you know any other issues please add them by numbers 39, 40....
Or if you have solutions for any of the issues please also add it by the 1-38 numbers.
I hope we can make it better together!