How to Increase your Internal Memory Size with very low effort!
NOTICE: This method works both on Rooted and NOT Rooted Phones!
You simply need to meet three easy requirements:
- Stock Firmware installed on the Phone (custom ROMS not supported ...They don't need to!)
- A microSD with two primary formatted partitions inside (the former 'to FAT32' and the latter 'to EXT4' filesystems)
- Ready to Flash to your Galaxy Next via Odin
NOTICE: The following Black Box Howto is explained deep inside in the next post of this Thread (short explanation) and in This Thread from outside: Internal Memory to +1Gb! and related ones (long explanation / Italian Language)
1) Download Tass.ops file for Odin!
2) Type this number on your phone keyboard:
and keep note of the PDA code of the Firmware installed.
3) Download boot image ready for Odin and suitable for your firmware:
All modded images are inside my Google Drive; actually we find:
Memory Hack Google Drive Archive Galaxy MINI/NEXT/POP S5570AIKQ3 S5570BGKS3 S5570BGKT2 S5570BVKQ4 S5570BVKT1 S5570DDKA7 S5570DDKQ7 S5570DXKPD S5570DXKT6 S5570JPKQ8 S5570JPKS1 S5570JPKT2 S5570JVKQ3 S5570JVKT1 S5570MJKS2 S5570XIKQC S5570XWKE3 S5570XWKQG S5570XWKS2 S5570XWKS7 S5570XWKT7 S5570XWKTH S5570XWKTN S5570XWKTS S5570XWKTU S5570XXKPF S5570XXKPI S5570XXKPK S5570XXKS1 S5570XXKS4 S5570ZSKPC ----------- S5570bVJKPB ----------- S5570LWMKP9 S5570LWMKPJ S5570LWMKPO Galaxy MINI/NEXT/POP Froyo S5570DXKB1 S5570XIKFI S5570XWKC1 Galaxy GIO S5660AIKT4 S5660DXKT8 S5660JPKT7 S5660XXKPA S5660XXKTF S5660XXKTI S5660XXKTK S5660XXKTO ----------- S5660MUGKG3 Galaxy FIT S5670DDKB1 S5670DDKT3 S5670DXKPB S5670DXKT4 S5670JPKQ7 S5670XWKQA S5670XWKTI S5670XXKPQ S5670XXKPU ----------- S5670LUBKP6 S5670LUBKPI Galaxy ACE S5830BOKS3 S5830DDKQ5 S5830DDKQ8 S5830DXKPB S5830DXKPD S5830DXKT5 S5830XWKPY S5830XWKS2 S5830XWKS9 S5830XWKT7 S5830XWKTM S5830XWKTQ S5830XXKPH S5830XXKPP
4) Flash the downloaded archive with Odin
Example image follows:
5) THAT'S ALL FOLKS!
How does it Work:
I switch on the Phone, without a MicroSD slotted in or with a microSD with a single FAT32 partition (broken or damaged microSD also suite this scenario...); GingerBread boots as usual!
I switch on The Phone with a microSD slotted in (with the second partition formatted as EXT4 filesystem but still EMPTY); Ginger boots acting as if
is completely moved outside to microSD but just WIPED (not true obviously, and the original /data is safe inside the phone), so it resettle it from beginning...
...If your second partition is 1Gb wide...
...your new Internal Memory will be 1Gb wide...
I switch on the Phone with the second partition of the microsd (EXT4) up and running (already resettled up for use and with my userdata on it); Ginger simply boots with
moved outside to microSD with your userdata there and tons of apps just installed from the market...
Example Image of my New Internal Memory Size follows
NOTICES & ADVICES:
- If I want to remove the microSD from the slot, FIRST I NEED TO SWITCH OFF THE PHONE!
- When I install apps from the Market, Ginger Misunderstands the actual new Internal Memory SIZE and puts the apk files to External Storage anyway! I simply need to move them "to the phone" via "Settings menu" immediately after!
- When I switch on the Phone without the microSD, I boot using the original /data inside the phone, actually loosing all the apps installed onto the external one untill next boot with SDcard; and, of course, loosing my sms stored there and others personal userdata too.
- Unfortunately this boot image heavy conflicts with Link2SD (great app anyway!), so you must choose one: This Boot image or Link2SD... not both... sorry!
Don't You Like the boot image just installed and You want to revert without flashing the full firmware to the Phone?
The original images, ready for Odin, are stored into my Google Drive too, inside BASE subfolders!
CHECK FILESYSTEM FOR ERRORS
From post n. 52 I explain exactly What I do deep Inside and Step by Step...
In post n. 56 I added boot images modded for Galaxy FIT (S5670), Galaxy ACE (S5830) and Galaxy GIO (S5660)!
In post n. 78 I added a Linux Script "All in one" to mod your boot Image on your own simply with a double-click!
In post n. 148 you find modded images with OC Kernel inside
P.S. Only for rooted phones with CWM or Custom Recovery!