By vientito, Senior Member on 18th December 2011, 11:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
B.Jay
19th December 2011, 10:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbso

....... I got my x8 12 months ago and I successfuly unlocked my bootloader.

Quote:

Mine must have been within the specified date cuz like I said before I unlocked it successfuly, its works perfect.

If you got yours 12 MONTHS ago ... No, yours is NOT in the specified date!

11w26 (and onwards) seem to be problematic
11w38 (and onwards) seem to be sure hard brick

2011, wilbso - NOT 2010 (hint: we're still in 2011 for a few more days)

20th December 2011, 07:43 AM |#12  
Flag The Internet
Thanks Meter: 245

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Jay

If you got yours 12 MONTHS ago ... No, yours is NOT in the specified date!

11w26 (and onwards) seem to be problematic
11w38 (and onwards) seem to be sure hard brick

2011, wilbso - NOT 2010 (hint: we're still in 2011 for a few more days)

Just cuz I got it 12 months ago dosnt mean the model was created then.... on he back of my x8 it says 10w47, that specific anough for ya?

sent from my x8 running gingerdx
20th December 2011, 07:55 AM |#13  
Flag The Internet

Donate to Me
More
Plus my phone is an e15 not an e16 as mentioned in earlier post that's its e16 not e15 phones that willl have the problem

22nd December 2011, 12:55 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnher

oh thats so scary. My phone is E16i and has a date of 11W34.

I was able to unlock and relock bootloader for so many times... does it mean that my phone will not get a bad luck on that?

Mine with 11w33,, not bricked..., and always change with many custom kernel....

can explain me with it...?
B.Jay
22nd December 2011, 03:29 AM |#15  

More
@wilbso:

U mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donny_mey

Mine with 11w33,, not bricked..., and always change with many custom kernel....

can explain me with it...?

Well, as we can only speculate on the Engrish post TheLaser made on the site from where the info comes from ...

W8/E16 phones within the range of 11W26 through 11W37 seem to be problematic. I interpret this as "there's some hardware fix though it can be worked around in software". If this now refers to flashtool or the replacement bootloader binary is up for anyone's guess.

11W38 and onwards seems to be a candidate for a sure kill after unlocking the bootloader. I interpret this as "the new bootloader binary that gets installed doesn't manage to start up because various 'security holes' have been fixed in the hardware therefore rendering the code defunct". That would at least explain why such hard bricks show no sign of life anymore at all (no LED, no screen, no nothing).

If you find a better theory or a better detailed description written in non-Engrish type ahead ...
22nd December 2011, 04:35 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Wink
Quote:

@wilbso:

U mad, bro?

Well, as we can only speculate on the Engrish post TheLaser made on the site from where the info comes from ...

W8/E16 phones within the range of 11W26 through 11W37 seem to be problematic. I interpret this as "there's some hardware fix though it can be worked around in software". If this now refers to flashtool or the replacement bootloader binary is up for anyone's guess.

11W38 and onwards seems to be a candidate for a sure kill after unlocking the bootloader. I interpret this as "the new bootloader binary that gets installed doesn't manage to start up because various 'security holes' have been fixed in the hardware therefore rendering the code defunct". That would at least explain why such hard bricks show no sign of life anymore at all (no LED, no screen, no nothing).

If you find a better theory or a better detailed description written in non-Engrish type ahead ...

i realy sure about that but in 11w38 maybe killed with this act....

but i'm not sure for this,,,, or this a promotion tools from SE tool, and we must buy if we want to unlock that...

it's right...???

B.Jay
22nd December 2011, 05:23 AM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donny_mey

but i'm not sure for this,,,, or this a promotion tools from SE tool, and we must buy if we want to unlock that...

This is not a promotion from SE or any other company. The fact behind this is...

...that if you have a hard bricked W8 you need the "resurrection cable" thingy to _maybe_ restore the firmware on the phone (as there's no intel on how the "resurrection" is possible on the aforementioned models it's yet another guessing based on what has been written all over the place (read: "oberservation"), therefore the "maybe").

...that the safest way to attempt a bootloader unlock on said phones is to do it through the "resurrection cable" as only there you can tell IF it will work or not.

The only "promotion" in all of it is the heads-up on that piece of hardware a do-it-yourself-at-home technician (or privateer wanting to specialize in unbricking dead phones) may need - and that's all.
22nd December 2011, 07:44 AM |#18  
Flag The Internet

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@wilbso:

U mad, bro? Is the 10w47 within the specified date. Because I unlocked bootloader without trouble

Sorry.... is 10w47 in the specific date? Cuz I managed to unlock bootloader and flash custom kernel. In about to flash another soon just need your oponion

B.Jay
22nd December 2011, 08:29 AM |#19  

More
Quote:

is 10w47 in the specific date? Cuz I managed to unlock bootloader and flash custom kernel. In about to flash another soon just need your oponion

• 10W## through 11W25 should be considered safe
    (where 10W## means "from start of production all through 2010")
  • 11W26 through 11W37 could turn out to be problematic
    (though I'm not sure what Laser means by that exactly)
  • 11W38 and newer are supposed to hard brick
    ("no sign of life" .. no LED, no vibrate, no screen, no flash-mode connection)
Note that this seems to apply to the W8 E16 AND X8 E15 as well ... in one of tohno's threads we have a hard bricked X8 (11W43) mentioned.

I'm still trying to make head and tails out of the random info, but I think it's safe to say that one should better have a look at the manufacturing code before trying to unlock the bootload to avoid a bad awakening.

Edit: On a second thought ... while we're still lacking in-depth details I think someone should prod one of the mods to post a sticky tagged as "[WARNING] Read BEFORE attempting bootloader unlock".
23rd December 2011, 11:28 AM |#20  

More
I can confirm a hard brick on my Xperia x8 (11w40) when trying to unlock my bootloader.
23rd December 2011, 04:43 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
it will do a great service to the community if the moderator could put this thread on sticky to save a few more sorry souls for the season.

people really should take heed of this. I hate to see 'em come on over here to cry over spilled milk when they at least deserve a chance to be told about first.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)