FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel] [Ray] DooMLoRD's Kernel for Ray [Stock] [Update: 28 Dec 2011]

159 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By hartej, Senior Member on 19th December 2011, 02:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a repackaging of DooMLoRD's kernel for the Ray - this is only for the stock Rom at this time, and will not work on MIUI or CM.

It's based on DooMLoRD's Github sources, original thread with more information about the Kernel is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1172885 - all thanks should go to him, I've edited very little, simply changed some of the config to suit the Ray and tested it.

Brief summary:
* Overclockable to 2GHz (set at 1GHz to start - made sure of it this time!)
* Enabled most of the schedulers so you can choose your favourite (brazillianwax, smoothass, SavagedZen, interactiveX, lagfree, minmax, Scary, smartass, interactive, conservative, ondemand, userspace, powersave, smartassV2, performance).

[UPDATE]
Had a look at the issues with the 'Flash' on the camera not working - this is now fixed.

Also, after being requested by a couple of people I've recompiled it for MIUI - you'll have to flash the second version for it to boot. (Please choose the correct one, flashing the wrong one will let you access CWM-recovery, but the system won't boot.) MIUI isn't working at this time.

Updated Kernel can be found here for Stock Roms:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17615284/Doo...12-28-1201.img

[Edit] Kernel for MIUI booted, but became unresponsive after it's been on a while. Taken the link down until I can find a day or two where I'm not using my phone so I can flash MIUI myself and look into it.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to hartej For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hartej Ad-Free

19th December 2011, 02:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Thank you very much for this good present ! :P
I just would ask if it is compatible with bheremans' MIUI rom, and if it's not if someone can port it, or explain to me how it can be done.
19th December 2011, 02:42 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartej

Brief summary:
* Overclockable to 2GHz (set at 1GHz to start - made sure of it this time!)
* Enabled most of the schedulers so you can choose your favourite (brazillianwax, smoothass, SavagedZen, interactiveX, lagfree, minmax, Scary, smartass, interactive, conservative, ondemand, userspace, powersave, smartassV2, performance). Think I may have missed a few - shall go back and check when I get a chance.
* Can't remember if I managed to get it working with the latest Ramdisk or not. At one point I was using it with a previous Ramdisk but not sure if I eventually got it working... (Currently the CMW Recovery is version 5.0.2.7?) I'll have to check on this, if it's using an old RamDisk then some of the features may not be available.

Initial release - I've been using it for a day now and it seems quite stable.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17615284/Ray...2011-12-18.img

Can you integrate in the kernel the dual mode call recording ability, please?
19th December 2011, 02:49 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragog53

Thank you very much for this good present ! :P
I just would ask if it is compatible with bheremans' MIUI rom, and if it's not if someone can port it, or explain to me how it can be done.

No idea, I think that MIUI, CM7 and Stock Roms require different Kernels (or some serious customisation) so i'd be guessing: No. But it's just a guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tistitus

Can you integrate in the kernel the dual mode call recording ability, please?

DooMLoRD added this to his Kernel, but I don't have any requirement to record my calls so can't confirm if it's working or not. Feel free to test it out - you may find yourself in luck!
19th December 2011, 02:55 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Bah! Uploading failed the first time, but it's fixed now.

If you downloaded the file before I posted this, and only have a 1.2MB file then please DONT FLASH IT. It shouldn't mess anything up permanantly but your device won't boot.

I've uploaded the file again (to the same location), please re-download and flash this one (it should be just over 6MB)
19th December 2011, 04:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Please make it compatible for miui?;D.......

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
19th December 2011, 05:03 PM |#7  
Flag Galway
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Hi hartej glad to see you back on the forum

A have quick question, how can be repaired this problem: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3708 DooMLord may be able to help you repair it? Or will show some tips
19th December 2011, 05:11 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Sorry for double post...i had found a way to port to MIUI...take a look here hartej..)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bheremans

Rom by iriijo

To port kernel : nothing special, just compile it with :

CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G=y
# CONFIG_VMSPLIT_2G is not set
and
CONFIG_PAGE_OFFSET=0xC0000000

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
19th December 2011, 07:00 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Hi Hartej, sorry but even with your second upload. The kernel doesn't boot. It stays at black screen (not even the SE logo)
19th December 2011, 07:54 PM |#10  
Flag @home
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Wink @hartej: some notes ...
thinking its a good choise using DooMLoRD's kernel as your base, congratulations for your wise decision :)

some minutes befor i fastboot'ed (temporarly) your image (i.e. fastboot boot <image>)

# kernel cpufreq defaults is ondemand 245760/1862400Hz - no max 1GHz as you'r thinking?

some LITTLE change-requests from me - please

# /proc/config.gz support - a great help for every self-builder

# init.d support - importent i'm thinking, i modifyed init.semc.rc in initrd.img in your boot image for myself (serves only as a example)

service sysinit /system/bin/logwrapper /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
user root
oneshot

# a git respository of your kernel for self builder

ok, thats all for NOW, thank you for your good work.

greetings
20th December 2011, 01:40 AM |#11  
Seoul
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Doesn't boot :)
I've downloaded your present(RayDoomKernel-2011-12-18.img / 6.23MB) and flash it on my Ray with fastboot tool. But it doesn't boot, just shows me black screen.(Not even show me SE logo ) Anyway I appreciate your great effort.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)