CM9 build system with the appropriate Atrix Dev Team repos in place actually spit out a working ROM. There are a number of issues aside from the general preview state of CM9. I figured I would share them in case anyone else was as curious as me. Apparently, the internal atrix dev teams are well beyond these issues already, so kudos.
Probably related to CM/atrix specific stuff
- Camera and finger print sensor don't work
- Launcher crashes pretty often
- Some openGL demos don't seem to work right (or at all)
- No mounting the SD as USB storage
Probably related to the specific gapps package I used.
- Maps crashes after 3 seconds (signal 11 - native code crash)
- Maps wants to update, but it can't (sharedId conflict if you actually remove maps)
- Earth won't run (missing the earthmobile library)
- Google Voice Search bombs (signal 4 - illegal instruction - currently suspecting the native packages might have some NEON instructions that the atrix cpu doesnt support)
- Calendar will not sync for google or exchange. App loads, but the sync service is failing
- Lots of null pointer exceptions for the NFC stuff in the log.
Anyway, this is just a build of the code that's out there, nothing special done by me. It might be useful for a dev phone or something but not for use on a real day-to-day device. Obviously it doesn't have the google apps embedded in it.
http://www.multiupload.com/XT9QPPQYF1 thanks xploited for uploading
Personally, I had trouble going back to CM7 afterwards, my clockwordmod backups were screwed up (bad boot.img? cross-linked files on the SD card) and I had a very hard time getting back to the good ole working state. Ultimately, I had to restore the partial backup and then reflash the CM7 image + gapps.
So, if you were curious what building a random repo on the web and installing it on your phone would do, then feel free to try and lose all of your data. There are no updates/support for this, etc. It's just a curiosity... what is the state of this stuff right now?
BTW... I am back on CM7/Atrix now which is AWESOME!!!!
Source Code Links: