FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to sideload on 1.4.1 update: Guide + script

2,346 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,056

By Indirect, Senior Member on 23rd December 2011, 06:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Alright, you need to be able to have the drivers setup and everything correctly because I'm not offering support on this. Sorry but I have alot of stuff to maintain so I can't always help. I'll try but I would prefer the community support each other too. (you also need tgps launcher already installed so if you havent rooted, I dont think you will be able to do this.)

Anyway: you need to get the .apk file you want to install and just put it into the directory and name it A.apk b.apk c.apk d.apk and so on. I will have it install up to 26 apps (all the way up to z) then you can remove and start over.

Script download:
here

I will probably update it eventually but right now it's supposed to be very basic.

Manual instructions:
All you need to do is use adb install appname.apk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Indirect For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Indirect Ad-Free

23rd December 2011, 06:51 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indirect

Alright, you need to be able to have the drivers setup and everything correctly because I'm not offering support on this. Sorry but I have alot of stuff to maintain so I can't always help. I'll try but I would prefer the community support each other too. (you also need tgps launcher already installed so if you havent rooted, I dont think you will be able to do this.)

Anyway: you need to get the .apk file you want to install and just put it into the directory and name it A.apk b.apk c.apk d.apk and so on. I will have it install up to 26 apps (all the way up to z) then you can remove and start over.

Script download:
here

I will probably update it eventually but right now it's supposed to be very basic.

Basically, for those a little familar with ADB, they didn't block adb install, so you should be able to adb install path\to\app.apk and it will load without an issue. If your not familiar with adb, using xIndirect's method is probably for the best for you.
23rd December 2011, 07:03 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 104

Donate to Me
More
so the android central sideload wonder machine should work.
23rd December 2011, 11:35 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 213

More
In addition, they did not actually close the hole, they just covered it up better. If you sideload anycut, in theory, you can allow any other install. I am going to try it, and let you all know how it goes.

~Leko
23rd December 2011, 11:55 PM |#5  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameman733

Basically, for those a little familar with ADB, they didn't block adb install, so you should be able to adb install path\to\app.apk and it will load without an issue. If your not familiar with adb, using xIndirect's method is probably for the best for you.

They would have to maintain two versions of their software if they blocked adb install. How are they going to test the apps going into their market.

Sent from my BNTV250 using xda premium
24th December 2011, 01:10 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 104

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdahgary

so the android central sideload wonder machine should work.

Someone try this. You need the apk file of the app you want to install on your cimputer.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...e-v-1-2-a.html
The Following User Says Thank You to xdahgary For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdahgary Ad-Free
24th December 2011, 02:10 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Hey all, I cannot get his to work because I no longer have usb debugging. I should say I am on a Nook Color not tab. I just thought it would be nice to try non-rooted for a while. I guess I will just re root.

~Leko
24th December 2011, 04:00 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekofraggle

In addition, they did not actually close the hole, they just covered it up better. If you sideload anycut, in theory, you can allow any other install. I am going to try it, and let you all know how it goes.

I have AnyCut installed and created a shortcut to app settings. I reset the "Install from unknown sources" to be checked and then tried installing an app from the Amazon Market. When the package manager ran I got the new will not install dialog. Dang! So I launched the app settings again and noticed that the unknown sources box was unchecked. I checked it again, closed, and relaunched the settings window. The option is unchecked again. Grr....

Installing apps from the Android Market works just fine though, as it does not require the package installer to install an app.
24th December 2011, 06:19 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Am I understanding this correctly? So even with un-rooted NT that has updated to 1.41 we can use this method to sideload? I so hope I am understanding this correctly. If so thank you so very much!!!!! If not thanks anyway for helping me learn!!!!!
25th December 2011, 01:29 AM |#10  
Flag Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
I have been unable to clear and reset my drivers for the NOOK Tablet.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled but I must not have the right drivers.\
I'm running Win 7 64bit.
Any link would be appreciated.
25th December 2011, 09:45 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFuzzer

Am I understanding this correctly? So even with un-rooted NT that has updated to 1.41 we can use this method to sideload? I so hope I am understanding this correctly. If so thank you so very much!!!!! If not thanks anyway for helping me learn!!!!!

BUMP, as I was wondering this myself.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)