FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

GingerDX Bugs List & Solutions

2,984 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,114

Post Reply Email Thread
NOW LESS LIKE BUGS REPORTS! MORE LIKE A FAQ!!
Can you believe that?
That's just prove how bugless this ROM can be...

This successful thread is showing all the bugs that appeared in GingerDX.

I want to say thank you to Master Doixanh for this great ROM!! But now, Doixanh is working on IScreamDX, so this ROM is now under new management...

So, let's open our hands, and welcome Team Fun!!
Thanks for carrying on support of this ROM!! You guys ROCK!

WHY MUST YOU USE THIS ROM??
- Super clean ROM!!
- Frequent updates!
- Most of the bugs in this ROM are just minor bugs.
- This is confirmed as the most feature-complete and popular Gingerbread ROM ever for X8/W8!!
- Antutu Benchmark Score: 1860 or UP
- Perfect for people with locked bootloaders and for users using Alfs & LinuxDX kernels & *NEW* nAa kernel too!
- So, are you interested? I bet you are... try out now!!
OFFICIAL THREAD

MY GOAL!! (READ BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN)
Before you continue into the next part, please READ HERE!

Of course, my goal is to provide help to people who are having problems with bugs and installation. If you reading this now, please remember this FOREVER:

- Ask your questions here, rather than spamming the GDX thread!! I really pity B.Jay & Eagleeyetom for reading stupid posts...

BUGS LIST & SOLUTIONS...
(X) means confirmed.
(?) means not confirmed.
:: v029 Bugs ::

- Transparent Status Bar (X)
Solution: Don't set transparent status bar in Settings
OR
Use a compatible theme and launcher.

- Phone Crashes When Received a Call while using an app that requires more memory resulting in unable to answer the call. Some people also experience lags when received a call. (X)
Solution: Disable Call Me Louder in GingerDX settings.

- FM Radio is buggy, like the speaker and headphones bug. (X)
Solution: B.Jay had informed he won't be fixing this bug. So, try using a internet radio app. Search it on Play Store. Or, try replacing the Radio.apk with radios from other ROMs.

- Phone suddenly reboot (X)
Solution: Probably on low memory.
Too many big apps installed. Uninstall useless ones. Using Alfs may reduce this problem.

- CPU Frequency Settings in Cyanogenmod Settings Is Not Working. (X)
Solution: Use SetCPU to set frequencies
OR
Install a custom kernel.

- Stock camera have zoom settings, but it is not working. (X)
Solution: Our phone don't support zooming. If you really want to zoom, use Camera ZOOM FX or some other apps with this feature.

- Wifi can't connect. It keeps on saying "Connecting" forever. (X)
Solution: Delete all your saved networks and try again.

- Busybox on stock kernel cannot be updated successfully without a soft brick on all Froyo & Gingerbread ROMs. (X)
Solution: Just don't do it. But, if you can install custom kernels, flash Alfs kernel and the addons.

- LED light does not work when the battery is less than 10%. (X)
Solution: Try installing Alfs CM7 v09a.

- Ultra-brightness does not work after rebooting, you have to uncheck and recheck the setting again to make it work. (X)
Solution: Same llike the solution above. Install Alfs CM7 v09a.

- LED notification settings does not appear in CM Settings. (X)
Solution: At the homescreen, add a shortcut, click Cyanogenmod Settings, then click LED Notifications Settings.

- Brightness settings don't work. (X)
Solution: Make sure you installed Alfs v08a, or you can try deleting lights.shakira.so from system/libs/hw using a file manager.

- Provider text on status bar gets truncated when notifications go longer. (X)
Solution: None, Achep is looking into this and might be fixed soon.

Notice:

1. 50% of the bugs can be fixed by installing a custom kernel. 80% of the bugs are not real bugs, I only list them down because "someone" considers it as bugs.

2. Please don't blame me for not listing any bugs here. Please report and confirm bugs here. Bear it in mind, you are not helping me, you are helping everyone that have a X8/W8 and using GingerDX!

3. No spam please! This thread is only for reference, I'm not asking the devs to fix anything at all.

4. GingerDX... really the best Gingerbread ROM ever... Cheers! Please subscribe for future updates.

5. Hit the THANKS button to support me!!
The Following 119 Users Say Thank You to lucastan96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lucastan96 Ad-Free

24th December 2011, 04:58 PM |#2  
Flag The Internet
Thanks Meter: 245

Donate to Me
More
Umm, I don't have any bugs with mine but I have a custom kernel which might have got rid of The bugs

sent from my x8 running gingerdx
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilbso For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilbso Ad-Free
24th December 2011, 05:01 PM |#3  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 168

More
yea the phone crashes when you are using an app & receiving a call....but its a good rom nonetheless....have been using gingerdx since i started to mod my W8.......now i m trying out a couple of other things........i dont like the lockscreens from cm7 anymore....so i use go locker & that used to lag gingerdx a lot....so trying this CM-X V1.1 rom......what do the others think?? are there any better gingerbread roms like gingerdx??
24th December 2011, 10:35 PM |#4  
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
when I start my phone while charging it takes me to xrecovery

Sent from my X8 using XDA App
24th December 2011, 11:50 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malacca

More
Well, i know having a custom kernel solved the status bar bug.

Leave a thanks if I helped...

Sent from my W8 using XDA app.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucastan96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lucastan96 Ad-Free
25th December 2011, 12:29 AM |#6  
Żywiec
Thanks Meter: 10

More
This topic should be closed.

Why? Are you dev? Shut up and wait for Doixanh - he definitely knows what he should fix.

And be patient!
25th December 2011, 04:29 AM |#7  
Flag Almada
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugerth

Why? Are you dev? Shut up and wait for Doixanh - he definitely knows what he should fix.

And be patient!

Wtf man, what is this rage all about? Afaik this thread is just for listing bugs.. Why are you telling him to be patiente? He's not asking for fixes, he's not asking anything other than what bugs other users experience and listing them.
Geez, you think you are making some good treating him like one of the trolls that got the devs out, but this thred has nothing to do with it.
He even asks for no spamm and BAAM, you post unrelated things. And here i am, doing the same..

Sent from my bathroom using the toilet
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nikkopt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikkopt Ad-Free
25th December 2011, 05:16 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiorgosCyprus

when I start my phone while charging it takes me to xrecovery

Sent from my X8 using XDA App

thats normal. almost every rom does that coz our phone have 3 recoveries.

1.xrecovery- enter by pressing back button
2.CWM-tap the screen/press back button
3.freexperia- same function as xrec,enter when turn on phone while charging

Sent from my E15i using xda premium
25th December 2011, 02:04 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malacca

More
No SPAM... and Nikkopt, thanks for standing up.

Sent from my W8 using XDA app.
25th December 2011, 06:02 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Batu Pahat, Johor
Thanks Meter: 3,785

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugerth

And be patient!

Dude, are u blind or retarded ? He said he's only stating the known bugs for GingerDx and he clearly states that he's not asking dx to fix it...its just a POINT OF REFERENCE !!! Idk if you're trying to be a smartass or if you seriously can't read, but i think that it's good someone is attemting to do smthing like this...so douchebags (probably you i might add) won't pointlessly spam the original gdx thread, which for dx, pisses him off more than what you're saying....@lucastan96 nice job man im sure dx will appreciate us discussing the bugs here especially if some people cant read properly and end up pissing off the devs sry for going off topic, but if people need straightning out, i don't hold back

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

ummm btw, u might want to add that at least 80% of all stated and unstated bugs can be fixed if you flash a custom kernel and i see someone has finally brought up the LP bug...I've tried everything but nothing works...so solution ; change launcher ...but interestingly tho, i tested out FBv23b and it doesn't have the same bug
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RohinZaraki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RohinZaraki Ad-Free
25th December 2011, 06:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Still waiting for doixanh to update gdx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)