GTA3 Sixaxis controller app mapping!!!!

Search This thread

mroneeyedboh

Feb 14, 2008
After looking around the net here and there, I have made up a tutorial of collected info.

Attached below is my map file for sixaxis controller app. What you're going to do is move it to this destination ( using root explorer is r/w mode etc ) sdcard/data/com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller/Profiles/

Now start up the Sixaxis Controller app. On my version of the sixaxis controller app I have to goto the top right ( there are lines in my top right ) and that is my menu for the app. Then select Preferences. Then click on edit touch profiles. On the next screen it will say double tap for menu. Once you double click the screen, a bar will pop up from the bottom. When that opens, click load profile. Look for the GTA mapping and hit import. You should then seen blue circles laid out like the screenshot I supplied below.

2s8465j.jpg

If not then you need to set them up as they are in the picture. You may be wondering well how do I set them up to the keys on screen when in the game? Ok, no problem. Do this now...

Save this screenshot to your tab.

5uo8xl.jpg

If the blue circles are not laid out correctly double click on the screen again in a GRAY area. You will see that bar pop up again. Now hit change background. What you will use is the above screenshot.

Now you will see the blue circles overlay on the screenshot above. Each circle is given a controller button. Its pretty self explanatory. If you have to rearrange them, do as followed. Also, all you have to do is try and line up the WORDS within the blue circles on the GTA buttons as best as you can. Here are the buttons for the walking:

Walking settings.
Cross (X) - Run
Circle (O)- Punch and shoot
Triangle(/\) - Getting in and out of car
Square ([ ]) - Jump
R2/L2 - Go through weapons
Start - Map
*** Add the Left analog on the lower left and the Right analog in the middle of the screen ***

Now what you will do is load up the screenshot below for driving. All of the other ones will stay there. But you need to add in the shoot while driving overlay. So add in the R1 as seen in the screenshot and put it where seen in the screenshot below.

5wigbr.jpg

Here are the buttons for driving:

Driving settings:
DRIVING
Cross (X) - Gas
Circle (O)- Handbrake
Triangle (/\)- Get in and out of the car
Square ([ ]) - Brake or reverse
R1 - Shoot while driving
Start - map

So after you are done it should look like this, you can see the GTA buttons in the background ( dependent on which screenshot you're on )

9ri0jp.jpg

Now its all said and done. So what you will do is double tap on the gray area and that white bottom bar will pop up again. Hit save profile, and then back out to the main Sixaxis controller app. When you are there hit the drop down bar as seen in the screenshot, select your new profile and load it up.

2rgj7lf.jpg

Once that is done, now back out to your homescreen and then load up GTA. Once you are in there go to settings and turn ON analog steering.

Congrats, thats it. The left analog is a bit whack. You will or might not notice, but if you do erractic driving it will either fling the car where ever it wants, the steering will not work until you let off of the analog stick or until the car stops. But then after that its back to normal use. This is a bug with the Sixaxis I think, but Im sure we will get a patch for it soon. Other than that have fun.

Dont forget to hit the thanks button on the bottom right.

Last edited:

slipmaggot8

Dec 13, 2010
I can't get it to map any keys with my ps3 controller I can only move around. how do you input the square,cross,circle,etc... I wanna play GTA3 the touch profiles isn't working on my sixaxes am I just going to have to wait until they update the app so the touch profiles work? thanks for any info on this

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

Localhorst86

Jul 5, 2011
Germany
I made a mapping myself, one I prefer:

attachment.php

allows you to do almost anything.

EDIT: I am not entirely sure why people all over the internet map the left analog stick to the screen. I do not have mine mapped (see screenshot) and I can still controll my character and car fine, even better because it's less quirky.

EDIT2: for some reason, the buttons have now stopped working for me alltogether. I am not sure why, though. I assume some update to sixaxis broke it, I tried re-installing both GTA and sixaxis controller several times... :(

EDIT3: I just installed version 0.3.5 from other sources and its working again. Apparently the 0.3.7 release on the Marketplace is actually broken. We'll have to wait for a fixed release.

Attachments

• GTA3.zip
    417 bytes · Views: 199
  • SC20111228-143738.jpg
    SC20111228-143738.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:

Shadowdancer123

Mar 11, 2010
Bottnaryd
Can't we just trick GTA into thinking we're using an xperia play device, since it does have support for hardware stick and keys. This emulation adds a bit of lag.

slipmaggot8

Dec 13, 2010
Can you post A link for ver. 3.5 please?
Edit: app was updated and works great!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

Last edited:

M@31

Sep 22, 2011
Daegu
This is a very old thread.....I know. Sorry.

But I just got sixaxis up and going (how did I not know about this before......)

Anywho, this is the only thread that I have found that has sixaxis mapping profiles for the Tab 10.1
Has this changed, why is there only 1 posted......?

Anyone have a different thread for Tab 10.1 profiles? Im guessing the mapping profiles have to be specific to the Tab 10.1

Thank you so much for your time, and again, sorry for bumping a old post.

mroneeyedboh

Feb 14, 2008
to be honest bro Im not sure haha. I dont mess with my tab as much as my cell, so if it works I dont fix it lol ya know?

seeafish

Aug 21, 2012
Thanks a lot for this man. Had to edit it slightly for the S3, but saved me a lotta head ache!

avadis99

Dec 19, 2012
Yerevan
Dear Mr. Oneeyedboo
Thank you for this help, as I need it, but I need you to instruct me as to what button preferenc you choose for Left and Right analog keys to work ok, as although I am putting Relative Touch for button preferece for those, but while playing it is troublesome as they are sometimes going oof limit or not functioning on the first touch. Should I change the rest also like sensitivity etc...
I would truely appreciate if you can teach me how to confirgure it.
Thank you

After looking around the net here and there, I have made up a tutorial of collected info.

Attached below is my map file for sixaxis controller app. What you're going to do is move it to this destination ( using root explorer is r/w mode etc ) sdcard/data/com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller/Profiles/

Now start up the Sixaxis Controller app. On my version of the sixaxis controller app I have to goto the top right ( there are lines in my top right ) and that is my menu for the app. Then select Preferences. Then click on edit touch profiles. On the next screen it will say double tap for menu. Once you double click the screen, a bar will pop up from the bottom. When that opens, click load profile. Look for the GTA mapping and hit import. You should then seen blue circles laid out like the screenshot I supplied below.

2s8465j.jpg

If not then you need to set them up as they are in the picture. You may be wondering well how do I set them up to the keys on screen when in the game? Ok, no problem. Do this now...

5uo8xl.jpg

If the blue circles are not laid out correctly double click on the screen again in a GRAY area. You will see that bar pop up again. Now hit change background. What you will use is the above screenshot.

Now you will see the blue circles overlay on the screenshot above. Each circle is given a controller button. Its pretty self explanatory. If you have to rearrange them, do as followed. Also, all you have to do is try and line up the WORDS within the blue circles on the GTA buttons as best as you can. Here are the buttons for the walking:

Walking settings.
Cross (X) - Run
Square ([ ]) - Jump
Start - Map
*** Add the Left analog on the lower left and the Right analog in the middle of the screen ***

Now what you will do is load up the screenshot below for driving. All of the other ones will stay there. But you need to add in the shoot while driving overlay. So add in the R1 as seen in the screenshot and put it where seen in the screenshot below.

5wigbr.jpg

Driving settings:
DRIVING
Cross (X) - Gas
Circle (O)- Handbrake
R1 - Shoot while driving
Start - map

So after you are done it should look like this, you can see the GTA buttons in the background ( dependent on which screenshot you're on )

9ri0jp.jpg

Now its all said and done. So what you will do is double tap on the gray area and that white bottom bar will pop up again. Hit save profile, and then back out to the main Sixaxis controller app. When you are there hit the drop down bar as seen in the screenshot, select your new profile and load it up.

2rgj7lf.jpg

Once that is done, now back out to your homescreen and then load up GTA. Once you are in there go to settings and turn ON analog steering.

Congrats, thats it. The left analog is a bit whack. You will or might not notice, but if you do erractic driving it will either fling the car where ever it wants, the steering will not work until you let off of the analog stick or until the car stops. But then after that its back to normal use. This is a bug with the Sixaxis I think, but Im sure we will get a patch for it soon. Other than that have fun.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2s8465j.jpg

5uo8xl.jpg

Walking settings.
    Cross (X) - Run
    Square ([ ]) - Jump
    Start - Map

5wigbr.jpg

Driving settings:
    DRIVING
    Cross (X) - Gas
    Circle (O)- Handbrake
    R1 - Shoot while driving
    Start - map

9ri0jp.jpg

2rgj7lf.jpg

So, the 0.3.9 update seem to have broken my previous touch profile, and so I remade it and tweaked it a little. Here it is.