FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Problem with Menu Button together with Edge/GPRS

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Danigu, Junior Member on 25th December 2011, 11:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I bought the Samsung Galaxy Gio (S5660) in May 2011. Since the beginning I have problems with the menu button, when I browse in the web or use google maps while receiving Data with Edge or GPRS. The google search window with the qwerty keyboard or the google search window with the search history start popping up as if by magic - as if I would press the menu button. If I push the back button the window pops up again.

The Customer Contact Center of Samsung Germany wrote me this:

“(…) A display exchange will not eliminate this phenomenon. The puzzle at the moment is that probably not all Gios are affected by this phenomenon. It seems, however, merely a software defect. Until this phenomenon is fixed due an update, please test yet if a complete reset is already bringing relief (...)”
(my translation in English)

My Gio has the official rom android 2.3.5 (S5660XXKS5-SER). I tried several older official roms before, but the problem still exists.

It reminds me of the Galaxy Nexus volume bug.

Has anyone the same issue or any ideas?

25th December 2011, 11:49 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Yeah same bug

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapxhatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kajjtan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kajjtan Ad-Free
26th December 2011, 10:41 AM |#3  
Flag Musterstadt
Thanks Meter: 329

More
I don't think it's a software problem. My Gio does not have this error, although I tried about a dozen different ROMs. Also I heard of many users having this problem not only on stock ROM, so this seems to point to a hardware failure.
What ROMs are you using?
26th December 2011, 12:54 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
If you live in a big city or a place with a fast data connection, the problem does not occur. Therefore, it usually does not occur to me. It happens to me especially in areas with slow data connection (Edge/GPRS) or in a moving train (not wlan).

As I wrote before I only use official ROMs. But I think it has nothing to do with the ROMs.

From my point of view it is a software problem. Something like the Galaxy Nexus volume bug. I read, that the volume bug only occured, if the phone operated on 2G mode (GSM) in the frequency range of 900 megahertz. So the Gio bug could additional depend on the provider the user has choosen...

Maybe a devolper in this forum can fix the Gio bug...
27th December 2011, 08:10 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I have the problem, too.
But i think it is just on stock roms and custom roms based on stock roms, because on cyanogen there wasn't the problem...
27th December 2011, 09:54 AM |#6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Räph96

I have the problem, too.
But i think it is just on stock roms and custom roms based on stock roms, because on cyanogen there wasn't the problem...

There is it 7.2 but its quite rare

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk
27th December 2011, 09:19 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajjtan

There is it 7.2 but its quite rare

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk

Then its defenitly a hardware bug
1st January 2012, 08:24 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
It's a bug,you should update you gio,the bug in china is called"弹窗门"
1st January 2012, 08:27 AM |#9  

More
same problem with me and it only happens when gprs mode is active and not on wifi and it is fault in asian models
1st January 2012, 12:46 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Has anybody a link for an update to solve the problem?
11th April 2012, 09:02 PM |#11  
Flag Casablanca
Thanks Meter: 60

More
I'm facing the same problem, did you find any solution?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)