Hello. The supercharger script by zep worked great on my galaxy ace. Now, has anyone been able to use it with the tab+? I think it would be a huge help to remove kauncher redraws and in improving the battery life. Do you guys think it would work on our tab? Our brothers from the gtab 10.1 were able to use it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...256796&page=24
Okay. Since no one bothered to reply, i took the risk and applied the script. To cut to the chase, IT WORKS. There are no launcher redraws and my tab sure feels a lot smoother. I also have 400 used RAM instead of 600 after a restart. Not to mention, i now have 6037 AnTuTu benchmark score as opposed to the 5700 that i got before supercharging.
(I updated the versions to their latest in accordance with zepp's latest released scripts. supercharger 5.2 and KAK 3.1. The steps to be followed are still the same.)
If anyone wants to try, here are the steps that i followed.
BUT first things first.
CREDIT GOES TO zeppelinrox FOR HIS GREAT WORK ON THIS SCRIPT.
I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO THANK mroneeyedboh FOR THE STEPS HE PROVIDED OVER THE GTAB 10.1 FORUMS.
Original supercharger thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276
GTAB 10.1 supercharger guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1256796
P6200 CWM and Root by garyd http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1392348
***You MUST be rooted and have busybox 1.18.2 or upper (I have 1.19.3)***
So let's cut to the chase!
DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING.
v6 Supercharger script U9 RC5.2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1327834355
Script Manager https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
Zepp's original post with the log changes http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5021
- Save the supercharger script anywhere on your storage
- Run Script Manager and press Browse as Root (the one under Install). When the SU dialog appears press allow.
- While on Script Manager, browse to where you save the supercharger script click it
- A new window would appear. Press the "Su" icon under the Run button at the upper left hand corner. Press Run.
- A lot of codes would appear. Some sort of system check bla bla bla. Just a little patience...
- "Press Return Key... and Come Get Some!!" would appear. DON'T PRESS THE RETURN KEY. Press anywhere and press any key and then press enter.
- You would then see a lot of options 1-31. Please enter number 9.
- It would now run the setting we chose. Like lowmemkiller values, OOM groupings, Kernel/Mem Tweaks, etc..
- If an option to not use Build.prop appears, cause it might cause boot loops, then allow the creation of local.prop (i think. i can't remember). Just follow your heart. haha
- Press the back soft key. "Script is running. What do you want?" Choose Kill.
- Since we're all using stock ROMs (for the moment), press the back soft key until you reach the ROOT directory. Then open the Data folder and click on the 99Supercharger.sh
- Then under the Run button, press the icon for Su and Boot. This would automate the supercharger script upon boot. Then press run and then kill the script.
- Run the first script again (yup the one from Step 1). and now, choose option number 30. It would now super clean the system and restart.
- DONE! Feel the difference!
If I missed anything, please inform me.
You could also install the Kick Ass Kernel Tweaks (KAK) from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5021. Get the update 3 RC3.1
KAK Direct Download http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1327834355
IMPORTANT!!!!! Just follow the steps from above and be sure not to apply the IO Tweak as it is very unstable and might cause boot loop
Then using step number 11, navigate to 98KickAssKernelizer.sh and make it run upon boot.
Reboot your device and DONE!
Based on MY observations, here are the changes that I noticed.
- Completely no launcer redraws (wherein the widgets disappear and appear. it's like refreshing in windows), I'm using the default Touchwiz UX.
- There is no delay with the Task Switcher. (the third soft key) Before applying the script, I had like 1-1.5 second delay with it. Now it only has 0.5 or so.
- The RAM usage is stable at 530-570. Compared to 660 before supercharging
- The best part about this script is that multi-tasking has been easier. Jumping from one app to another is now a breeze. Applications start faster than before.
The thing is, our tablet is already blessed with great hardware which is why it is already fast and smooth to begin with. BUT, there is always room for improvements. FACT.