FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ideos X5 WIKI -Please Help to Update-

6,920 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,697

By O_G, ET Admin on 28th December 2011, 08:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all

There is a wiki page set up for the Ideos X5 devices. It may well be helpful in splitting the useful info that you good users have added to this forum. Please feel free to edit it appropriately, but please remember this is most helpful to newbies so be as clear and conciseness with the information you add. It could become a great resource if everybody gets behind it. Feel free to use this thread to bounce ideas around for it.

Huawei U8800 IDEOS X5 WIKI Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...U8800_IDEOS_X5

Thanks to PaulMilbank for bringing this to my attention.

Take it easy

O_G
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to O_G For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift O_G Ad-Free

28th December 2011, 09:20 PM |#2  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Updated a bunch of stuff on the Wiki, now has a lot more order and info. I have only got a couple of days experience with this forum though so others with more experience can now improve on my page editing. It now has a separate section for u8800 and u8800 pro roms so hopefully that helps.

It needs to be updated in the recovery section as I have just listed all the recoveries I can find, but some are really old and I don't know which recoveries are for what version. EG: 5.0.2.7 from genokolar seems to be for the 2.3.5 update, but does it work with 2.2.2 and below roms?

Paul
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaulMilbank For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PaulMilbank Ad-Free
28th December 2011, 09:53 PM |#3  
Flag Bagnolo Piemonte, ITA
Thanks Meter: 248

More
well done

i think that the most important thing now should be to understand why huawei's links to download stock roms are all offline....for example i need the stock vodafone branded firmware for my u8800pro but the link is broken
The Following User Says Thank You to matteof93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matteof93 Ad-Free
28th December 2011, 10:08 PM |#4  
Flag Auckland

More
Would be great to have those, but they dont seem to keep older links.
Maybe we should start another thread pulling together all the known to be good rapidshare, multiupload etc mirrors of those files and get people to contribute their links.
28th December 2011, 10:17 PM |#5  
Flag Bagnolo Piemonte, ITA
Thanks Meter: 248

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMilbank

Would be great to have those, but they dont seem to keep older links.
Maybe we should start another thread pulling together all the known to be good rapidshare, multiupload etc mirrors of those files and get people to contribute their links.

this should be the simplest. solution.

BTW, i have looked for the stock 2.2.2 vodafone-branded firmware but i was not able to find it on the net.
29th December 2011, 04:49 AM |#6  
Flag Auckland

More
Wiki now has a common problems section with some fixes and workarounds listed.
31st December 2011, 09:36 PM |#7  
Flag Bursa
Thanks Meter: 4

More
good thanks
1st January 2012, 08:04 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
ht*t*p://w*w*w.huaweidevice.c*o*m/cn/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=softw are&softid=NDEwNTY=

华为U8800+ V100R001C00B540G001(通用版)(Gingerbread)

here is the new Ofiical 2.3 - 31.12.2011 - Normal ,but i cant edit the wiki page,can someone add it?
1st January 2012, 03:50 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 279

More
Wiki not works for me.
1st January 2012, 05:40 PM |#10  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
If someone has gathered all ROMs from Huawei, he/she can send it to me and I will host them on my PC, apache server with 20Mbps uplink. I can give FTP access and www directory.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R4DK0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift R4DK0 Ad-Free
1st January 2012, 05:53 PM |#11  
Flag Salonica...Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaben

ht*t*p://w*w*w.huaweidevice.c*o*m/cn/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=softw are&softid=NDEwNTY=

华为U8800+ V100R001C00B540G001(通用版)(Gingerbread)

here is the new Ofiical 2.3 - 31.12.2011 - Normal ,but i cant edit the wiki page,can someone add it?

Can someone confirm or deny this rom?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)