Working 100% - [ Updated Patch ] Enable ad-Hoc Networking htc Incredible 2 VIVOW

924 posts
Thanks Meter: 905

By trkaaa, Senior Member on 28th December 2011, 10:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Working 100% - [ Updated Patch ] Enable ad-Hoc Networking htc Incredible 2 VIVOW
  • this updated Patch will enable ad-hoc 100% steady connection for both ( WEP and open Networks ) , Also Hotspot WPA2-PSK is still able to connect
  • what is new in this Patch is it does not affect the ability to connect to hot spot WPA2-PSK networks ( i.e you can connect to both types on the fly ) , i tried a lot of Patches , ( usually in Sense 3.5 Roms when you apply an ad-hoc Patch you loose the ability to connect to Hotspot WPA2-PSK )
  • Android does not show this Ad-hoc networks ( it Finds them in the search , but filters them out of the shown results ) , this patch prevent that filtering and shows those ad-hoc networks
  • i am running Ginger Bread 2.3.4 with sense 3.0 , tested also with Virtuous Affinity v1.48 sense 3.5
DISCLAIMER
I am not responsible if flashing this Mod results in bricking your phone
for Rooted devices

Important tip
  • i am using GSM network only
  • if Hotspot WPA2-PSK is working fine and later on it is disconnected ( usual with a lot of sense Roms ) , just turn WiFi off and on , it will connect on the fly with this Patch .
  • if Hotspot WPA2-PSK ( during first use ) is connected but not transferring data ( this happened with Affinity 1.48 Sense 3.5 , BUT my other sense 3 Rom didn't had that problem ) , then use APN manager and choose your APN and activate it , this immediately solved the Problem for me
  • ( NOT related to the Patch ) , in some cases data transfer is blocked due to Firewalls , Please note that for some firewalls it not enough to disable it , BUT you need also to check the firewall Rules
  • There are two types of WiFi Networks :
    • Infrastructure ( Hotspot ) WPA,WPA2-PSK which is the most secured connection , usually routers broadcast this
    • Ad-hoc it is either WEP or open network which is less security , usually issued through a laptop connected to a DSL line to broadcast a temporary WiFi connection
    • Almost all Sense Roms wifi use ( Hotspot ) WiFi , for Sense 3.5 the Base of the custom Rom ( ie Sensation , Runnymede , ...etc ) affects WiFi behavior and connectivity

Updated Patch

• it is always good to do a Backup for your data , Or Just Backup the original file " wpa_supplicant " located in System\bin .
  • to restore the original file " wpa_supplicant " any time :
    • just open the Patch in a winrar window and navigate to System\bin and over-right the one in the Patch with the original ( you can get the original from your Rom zip ) . apply the modified Patch from recovery and you are back to the original
    • if you use Root Explorer to restore the original file ,make sure to set the correct permissions and ownership values

hope some one will benefit from it

Please Press thanks if you find that Post Useful
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trkaaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trkaaa Ad-Free
29th December 2011, 06:35 PM |#2  
Flag Morristown, TN
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Broke WiFi
I rebooted into recovery, wiped dalvik, and installed the file.
After I rebooted I couldn't connect to ANY WiFi source.
I think I'm going to have to restore a backup to fix it.
29th December 2011, 09:18 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
tested again Working
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookymyo

I rebooted into recovery, wiped dalvik, and installed the file.
After I rebooted I couldn't connect to ANY WiFi source.
I think I'm going to have to restore a backup to fix it.

• tested again Working , After i read your Post i tested the Patch with Virtuous Affinity v1.48 sense 3.5 to double check
  • Ad-hoc both ( open and WEP ) working fine , Hot Spot connected WiFi but no data transfer , my guess that this is what you mean by Broken WiFi ( Solved for me )
  • if Hotspot WPA2-PSK is connected but not transferring data ( happened with Affinity 1.48 and a lot of sense 3.5 Roms even before using the Patch ) , then use APN manager and choose your APN and activate it , this immediately solved the Problem for me , i am only using GSM network
  • Also in some cases data transfer is blocked due to Firewalls , Please note that for some firewalls it not enough to disable it , you also have to check the firewall Rules
  • Please note for some people enabling ad-hoc is important for some reason ,
30th December 2011, 05:33 PM |#4  
Flag Cincinnati Ohio
Thanks Meter: 1

More
otay
So far so good for me. Very nice.
2nd January 2012, 02:03 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowens0822

So far so good for me. Very nice.

• thanks , now almost 200downloads without complaints except for the above one which is solved , ( only two members Pressed my thanks Button !!!!!!! )
  • i will now stop reviewing the number of downloads , cause now it is proved working without complaints
9th January 2012, 03:01 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I read that both HTC Incredible 2 and HTC Incredible S have the same hardware. Would the above patch work on HTC Incredible S from Bell Mobility Network? Has anyone tried to confirm it?

Thanks.
11th January 2012, 03:52 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albundy9999

I read that both HTC Incredible 2 and HTC Incredible S have the same hardware. Would the above patch work on HTC Incredible S from Bell Mobility Network? Has anyone tried to confirm it?

Thanks.

• i guess the Patch should work with Incredible S
  • Desire HD , Incredible S , Incredible 2 are Almost identical
  • i managed before ( after some trials ) to install an Incredible S Rom on my Incredible 2 and every thing worked perfectly ( Including WiFi ) .
  • i also installed before an older ad-hoc Patch for Desire HD on my Incredible 2 and it also worked fine for me
6th March 2012, 07:28 AM |#8  
Flag Nazareth, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,469

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaaa

• this updated Patch will enable ad-hoc 100% steady connection for both ( WEP and open Networks ) , Also Hotspot WPA2-PSK is still able to connect
  • what is new in this Patch is it does not affect the ability to connect to hot spot WPA2-PSK networks ( i.e you can connect to both types on the fly ) , i tried a lot of Patches , ( usually in Sense 3.5 Roms when you apply an ad-hoc Patch you loose the ability to connect to Hotspot WPA2-PSK )
  • Android does not show this Ad-hoc networks ( it Finds them in the search , but filters them out of the shown results ) , this patch prevent that filtering and shows those ad-hoc networks
  • i am running Ginger Bread 2.3.4 with sense 3.0 , tested also with Virtuous Affinity v1.48 sense 3.5
DISCLAIMER
I am not responsible if flashing this Mod results in bricking your phone
for Rooted devices

Important tip
  • i am using GSM network only
  • if Hotspot WPA2-PSK is working fine and later on it is disconnected ( usual with a lot of sense Roms ) , just turn WiFi off and on , it will connect on the fly with this Patch .
  • if Hotspot WPA2-PSK ( during first use ) is connected but not transferring data ( this happened with Affinity 1.48 Sense 3.5 , BUT my other sense 3 Rom didn't had that problem ) , then use APN manager and choose your APN and activate it , this immediately solved the Problem for me
  • ( NOT related to the Patch ) , in some cases data transfer is blocked due to Firewalls , Please note that for some firewalls it not enough to disable it , BUT you need also to check the firewall Rules
  • There are two types of WiFi Networks :
    • Infrastructure ( Hotspot ) WPA,WPA2-PSK which is the most secured connection , usually routers broadcast this
    • Ad-hoc it is either WEP or open network which is less security , usually issued through a laptop connected to a DSL line to broadcast a temporary WiFi connection
    • Almost all Sense Roms wifi use ( Hotspot ) WiFi , for Sense 3.5 the Base of the custom Rom ( ie Sensation , Runnymede , ...etc ) affects WiFi behavior and connectivity

Updated Patch

• it is always good to do a Backup for your data , Or Just Backup the original file " wpa_supplicant " located in System\bin .
  • to restore the original file " wpa_supplicant " any time :
    • just open the Patch in a winrar window and navigate to System\bin and over-right the one in the Patch with the original ( you can get the original from your Rom zip ) . apply the modified Patch from recovery and you are back to the original
    • if you use Root Explorer to restore the original file ,make sure to set the correct permissions and ownership values

hope some one will benefit from it

Please Press thanks if you find that Post Useful

does this work on ICS?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)