FORUMS

[FIX][FP11&10.3] Adobe Flash video on CM7 (Now with 720p support!)

295 posts
Thanks Meter: 89

By DeadlyPsycho, Senior Member on 29th December 2011, 08:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ever since CM7 has been released on the atrix, streams that use adobe flash has been spotty. Sometimes the picture is messed up and other times it does not display at all. For example, visit justin.tv and try any stream there on your phone.

Flash Player 11 Method (720p works!):

You need to modify the config.data of the application you are using to limit the fps on the flash video to 15. (Up to 24 has been reported as working)

You can find config.data (replace the italics with your application's package name) for the default browser in /data/data/com.android.browser/app_plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/.macromedia/Flash_Player/

Change the contents of config.data to:
Quote:

DeviceCert=1
HeapSoftLimit=200
HeapHardLimit=240
HwH264=bp:108000,15;mp:108000,15;hp:108000,15;
ProductVer=11.1.111.x

(To easily edit this file, use a file explorer to move config.data to the root of your sd card. Plug the phone into your computer and edit the file accordingly, then copy the file to its respective location. You can also copy it to other applications as well, as it uses the same config.data)

(Old) Flash Player 10.3 Method:

Basically what you need to do is chmod the flash plugin's config.data file for each application you use to watch the streams on.

So for the default browser (replace the italics with your application's package name):

-Browse to /data/data/com.android.browser/app_plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/.macromedia/Flash_Player/
-chmod config.data to 000 (or remove all checkmarks in permissions of this file)
-Reboot the phone
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeadlyPsycho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeadlyPsycho Ad-Free
3rd January 2012, 09:24 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Added a how to for fixing flash streams on flash player 11!
3rd January 2012, 10:25 AM |#3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,384

Donate to Me
More
So the fix will play videos with only 15fps...
Do you have to do 15 - as this seems choppy to me (haven't tested yet).
3rd January 2012, 11:26 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious544d

So the fix will play videos with only 15fps...
Do you have to do 15 - as this seems choppy to me (haven't tested yet).

It would seem so but it was fluid on mine. I guess we can experiment with the settings more if need be. Check out justin.tv on your phone, should make for a good test.
3rd January 2012, 03:22 PM |#5  
Flag Nantes
Thanks Meter: 496

More
I all,

Tested with 21 instead of 15 and it work well at my site (tested on Justin.tv)

Edit : Tested with 24 too... no problem for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to -JFK- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -JFK- Ad-Free
3rd January 2012, 03:49 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JFK-

I all,

Tested with 21 instead of 15 and it work well at my site (tested on Justin.tv)

Edit : Tested with 24 too... no problem for me.

Good to hear. By the way, did you try streams before changing config.data?
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlyPsycho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeadlyPsycho Ad-Free
3rd January 2012, 04:08 PM |#7  
Flag Nantes
Thanks Meter: 496

More
Damne, wrong button (thanks) well...

Yes, I have a French website (http://www.divertissonsnous.com/) that was not working and now... it work perfectly.

For the informations, I have keep "24" in the settings.

Edit : did this kind of website is "streams" ???
I don't know, but all "video website" that was not working work well now.
3rd January 2012, 05:25 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JFK-

Damne, wrong button (help) well...

Yes, I have a French website (http://www.divertissonsnous.com/) that was not working and now... it work perfectly.

For the informations, I have keep "24" in the settings.

Edit : did this kind of website is "streams" ???
I don't know, but all "video website" that was not working work well now.

Yeah it happened on some flash video as well, not necessarily just streams. Was just using it as a base Alright, thanks for the help, ill update OP
5th January 2012, 05:25 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Hmm, I just tried using 15,21,and 24. All 3 of them are choppy when I view 720p. 480p and under is fine though. Also, what does the "108000" value do? If I change that, will it affect performance in any way?

I use video recordings from the HTC vivid review on gsmarena as a test.

EDIT: I went on justin.tv and the videos were smooth, so I was wondering if some of you guys could test the video recordings in the Vivid review to see if they are smooth for you.
5th January 2012, 09:22 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazililazn

Hmm, I just tried using 15,21,and 24. All 3 of them are choppy when I view 720p. 480p and under is fine though. Also, what does the "108000" value do? If I change that, will it affect performance in any way?

I use video recordings from the HTC vivid review on gsmarena as a test.

EDIT: I went on justin.tv and the videos were smooth, so I was wondering if some of you guys could test the video recordings in the Vivid review to see if they are smooth for you.

Hm youre right, I was getting laggy video there as well however streams work just fine. Ill try tampering with the settings.
5th January 2012, 04:30 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyPsycho

Hm youre right, I was getting laggy video there as well however streams work just fine. Ill try tampering with the settings.

what does the 108000 stand for?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adobe, cm7, flash, player, video

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)