FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Modded Spotify for Kindle Fire (Works 100%)

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By fr0otlo0p, Junior Member on 29th December 2011, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So, like most people on this lovely planet, I received a Kindle Fire for Christmas. One of the first things I did with it was install Spotify. However, like most people know, the Fire's software UI controls cover up the Spotify controls, making it sorta useless.

So this morning I decompiled it and made a few quick changes so it would work better.

The only remaining problem is that I couldn't find out how to reposition the view player (the little tab you can drag up that displays the album art, music controls, etc...). So instead of repositioning it, I moved the music controls above the album art. You can bring it up by clicking the (blank) center button. It works 100%, just doesn't look at nice.

Finally, I replaced the icon with an icon I found in the hi-res folder, so the icon looks all nice and spiffy in the carousel. *You might have to restart your Fire before this will take effect if you have all already installed Spotify on your device*

I attached some picture showing what I've done.

Installation instructions for the plebeians:
*On your Kindle*
1. Go to settings > Device and turn "Allow Installation of Applications" on.
2. Download the attached modified .apk
*For some reason it will give an error if you try to install with the default installer on the Kindle Fire, so you can't simply install it from the browser*
4. Download AndroXplorer for free from the Amazon App Store
5. Open AndroXplorer and browse to /sdcard/Download/
6. Tap KFSpotifyAndroid.apk and it will bring up a dialog asking you to install.

Ta Da!

*I lied about being able to install it over your previous spotify app. Make sure to delete any previous Spotify app from your system before installing.*

*This is not a cracked version, simply a small change to the interface, in order to use Spotify on your mobile device you must have a subscription. (Though they do give out trials to new users.)*

And that's that. Enjoy Spotify. Hopefully they're working on a more official version, but this will do until then.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spotify (1).jpg
Views:	2540
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	834402   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spotify (2).jpg
Views:	2235
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	834403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spotify (3).jpg
Views:	2166
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	834404  
Attached Files
File Type: apk KFSpotifyAndroid.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.15 MB, 7050 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fr0otlo0p For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fr0otlo0p Ad-Free

29th December 2011, 08:58 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Probably a stupid question, but this is a free app that requires a paid subscription..right?
29th December 2011, 09:07 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesestrife

Probably a stupid question, but this is a free app that requires a paid subscription..right?

Yup, that is correct.
31st December 2011, 11:47 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks very much for sharing this!
10th February 2012, 04:35 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thumbs up
Thank you so much for sharing. This works perfect on the Kindle!
10th February 2012, 09:50 PM |#6  
Flag Svendborg
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for sharing! Are working perfectly
20th February 2012, 02:07 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Works perfectly, thank you!
20th February 2012, 04:40 AM |#8  

More
So I tried as you suggested, installing via the androxplorer as well as ES-file-explorer. Neither one allowed the .apk to install!

I'm running a stock kindle, the only change i've made is to use Go-Launcher.

thanks,
jh
20th February 2012, 03:50 PM |#9  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I just downloaded your modded app it installed no problem,I logged in and it plays, but I don't have a paid subscription. Have you some how unlocked it for a free login? If so, thanks.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium
20th February 2012, 04:53 PM |#10  

More
Thanks
Worked perfectly, thanks so much!
20th February 2012, 10:10 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3EyedPhish

I just downloaded your modded app it installed no problem,I logged in and it plays, but I don't have a paid subscription. Have you some how unlocked it for a free login? If so, thanks.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

No, only the inteface has changed to accommodate the "bar" at the bottom which blocked the controls on the Spotify app. If you don't have a paid subscription, the app is useless.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)