FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Confirmed Working Bluetooth Gamepad for HTC devices! No Root

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By Centsless, Junior Member on 1st January 2012, 08:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After a year of trying to find a working Gamepad for non rooted Evo 3D, this popped up out of nowhere.

*Gamestop. com, search "Tablet Wireless Bluetooth Controller"

Went to my local GS and picked it up for $40. It worked perfectly for my Evo 3D and my Galaxy Tab 10.1! Emulator mapping was perfect, already set up for Shadowgun and Sonic CD and a few others. This and an MHL adaptor just made me a happy Evo 3D owner. Hope this helps anyone who was stumped like I was but didn't want to root.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Centsless For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Centsless Ad-Free

1st January 2012, 03:38 PM |#2  
Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Nice find. I have been wondering myself. I am rooted, but all I ever saw was you needed to be on cm7 to use them.

Evo 3D taking it to Redline V2!
1st January 2012, 08:49 PM |#3  
Flag Newark, DE - originally from Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centsless

After a year of trying to find a working Gamepad for non rooted Evo 3D, this popped up out of nowhere.

Went to my local GS and picked it up for $40. It worked perfectly for my Evo 3D and my Galaxy Tab 10.1! Emulator mapping was perfect, already set up for Shadowgun and Sonic CD and a few others. This and an MHL adaptor just made me a happy Evo 3D owner. Hope this helps anyone who was stumped like I was but didn't want to root.

Good find OP, will definitely be getting this, no more having to dual boot to a AOSP ROM just to play emulators with my Wiimote!
2nd January 2012, 05:09 AM |#4  
Flag East SF-Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 752

More
So this one right here?
http://www.gamestop.com/android/acce...ntroller/97838
The Following User Says Thank You to KB112 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KB112 Ad-Free
5th January 2012, 09:01 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Yep, that's the one. They had plenty at my GS so I'm sure they have them at most of them too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Centsless For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Centsless Ad-Free
11th January 2012, 07:46 PM |#6  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
I picked up that Gamestop gamepad as well and it's working great with my EVO 3D running Infected ROM 1.4.2. Hooked it up to my LCD TV with my MHL adapter and now I have a complete NES system with every single game ever available all in my little phone. Brings back so many memories. Great find!
20th January 2012, 08:26 PM |#7  
Flag Metro Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 324

More
I bought one of these as well online, the problem I ran into is that the left analog stick is inverted and changing the settings in game doesn't solve the problem. What I mean is that with the left analog stick up and down movements registers as left and right and vice versa.

With an emulator I can assign the stick the right way but the listed movement is still wrong, but with a game such as ShadowGun I can't map the controller. Did any of you guys experience this problem? I called Gamestop and they said I could bring it back to the store for a swap or refund. Thanks in advance.
20th January 2012, 08:50 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centsless

Thanks very much for the info...

Now shut up and take my money

seriously how i can get one of them here in Mexico wha
22nd January 2012, 04:45 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I purchased one of these from their online store. It works with my E3D and my touchpad running android. I have a little problem with occasional lag (like it takes a split second to wake up the button). Anyone else having that problem? Maybe i need send it back for a replacement?
22nd January 2012, 06:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2,287

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfree3000

I bought one of these as well online, the problem I ran into is that the left analog stick is inverted and changing the settings in game doesn't solve the problem. What I mean is that with the left analog stick up and down movements registers as left and right and vice versa.

With an emulator I can assign the stick the right way but the listed movement is still wrong, but with a game such as ShadowGun I can't map the controller. Did any of you guys experience this problem? I called Gamestop and they said I could bring it back to the store for a swap or refund. Thanks in advance.

Same issue here, it seems like the controller is programmed for portrait gaming, the controller is offset 90 degrees when you go to play a landscape game. Wish there was an app that would run and allow for mapping of the controls or at least rotate the axis's with the phone.
15th January 2013, 07:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have to give this a try, thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)