Thread Closed Email Thread
10th September 2013, 11:18 AM |#101  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!
Thanks Meter: 655

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparao

The project is very interesting better I will suggest my Kernel Engineer; I feel he is the right person.. He will be writing the review soon...

Where is the review of your engineer, @jacksparao?

10th September 2013, 02:18 PM |#102  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 660

Donate to Me
More
Mail
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecUpwN

Wäre is the review of your engineer, @jacksparao?

We all use same ip address; in-case if he post or create any xda account XDA will block thinking we are spamming..

Please share your mail id to my private box.. I will share my engineer id.. Note he will be the proper suit..
10th September 2013, 11:10 PM |#103  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparao

Please share your mail id to my private box.. I will share my engineer id.. Note he will be the proper suit..

What's the purpose? You can reach me (as well as the OP @E:V:A) here on XDA..
30th October 2013, 09:21 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 579

More
Sign 3-fold approach to privacy
Quote:

Why is nobody starting on the software?

maybe we should ask Edward Snowden this question

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote:

BTW - are you trying to advertise this XPosed framework thingy on XDA? You also had another "very useful" post in the Open PDroid-thread about it..

indeed,
  • pdroid,
  • Xposed,
  • "permission master"
(and similar apps) are pursueing the goal of privacy via 3 different routes.

obviously, xposed is the one to run with least effort on the user side, then perm. master, then pdroid (unless you use CM9+).
31st October 2013, 12:35 AM |#105  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai77

maybe we should ask Edward Snowden this question?

indeed,

• pdroid,
  • Xposed,
  • "permission master"
(and similar apps) are pursueing the goal of privacy via 3 different routes.

obviously, xposed is the one to run with least effort on the user side, then perm. master, then pdroid (unless you use CM9+).

You did not get the point of this project. Tools like Xposed are being developed to restrict permissions of apps, but this thread is completely about notifying a user if he is being tracked by forces like the police or other individuals using IMSI catchers.

You see, there are people like me who are fire and flame and who would even donate for getting this app to be developed - and then there are trolls like you. Did you even read the OP, man? Instead of posting a bunch of bullsh*t here, help us find a skilled developer to create this proof-of-concept app! Comments like yours just make me puke. Please troll elsewhere. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to SecUpwN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SecUpwN Ad-Free
31st October 2013, 01:12 AM |#106  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Arrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by klau1

This mai77 is either ignorant and can't read or part of the NSA trying to discourage development of software that can warn innocent citizens that their privacy is being intruded upon. Sadly, given the latest developments, the latter is more likely of the two.

Grieve no longer, I've just created the [BOUNTY] IMSI Catcher & Spy Detector PLEDGE THREAD!
Please spread the link, we'll find a developer soon. For sure!
The Following User Says Thank You to SecUpwN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SecUpwN Ad-Free
19th November 2013, 10:04 PM |#107  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
UPDATE: Found two interesting projects who are already on GitHub! Check out the Master Thesis, Software to detect IMSI-Catchers. Especially the Papers-Section is a small gold nugget. Even more awesomeness: Smartphone Attack Vector!

@E:V:A, if you're still alive, I'd appreciate if you share where YOUR GitHub is located! Would be cool if we had ONE place to start and not three different GitHub accounts with scattered progress. Thank you ahead for replying.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SecUpwN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SecUpwN Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 04:57 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 382

More
This is superbly reassuring! Looks like there is interest and ground work being done at the academic level.

Btw, Great read, very interesting!

Honestly, we should not be surprised considering how popular of a research topic data security is in university.

Security in phone communication is certainly an already huge and growing concern, as mobile devices, most notably, our smart phones are increasingly relied upon as the main form of communications and entertainment across the globe.

Whoever can tap into private data transmitted between such devices without consent, will have unprecedented and unfair political and economic power advantage.

Look at recent debacle with Angela Merkel and the NSA. Canadian Spying of bids by Brazilian mining companies.

NSA Spying on personal and private communications like phone sex http://reason.com/blog/2013/06/10/re...-listened-to-u of regular Americans, could easily be used to blackmail and silence any political voice of tomorrow.

Private Business bids have been foiled, political opposition and journalist criticism of political corruption - foundation of democracy - have been silenced and nipped at the bud with such power.

Do we want our children to inherent a World where their ideas and actions can make a difference or one where it can not?

Definitely keeping a watch on that project. And spread the word.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to klau1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klau1 Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 09:55 PM |#109  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
NEW GitHub and NEW Website!
HUGE UPDATE: We now have an active GitHub and a neat looking website, along with awesome papers!

Quote:

@E:V:A, if you're still alive, I'd appreciate if you share where YOUR GitHub is located! Would be cool if we had ONE place to start and not three different GitHub accounts with scattered progress. Thank you ahead for replying.

Too bad @E:V:A did not reply, hope he'll keep contributing. Set your bookmarks to THIS WEBSITE and THIS GITHUB!

Quote:

This is superbly reassuring! Looks like there is interest and ground work being done at the academic level.

You bet, I hope that this project will get featured one day on the XDA portal to attract even more developers.

Quote:

Security in phone communication is certainly an already huge and growing concern, as mobile devices, most notably, our smart phones are increasingly relied upon as the main form of communications and entertainment across the globe. Whoever can tap into private data transmitted between such devices without consent, will have unprecedented and unfair political and economic power advantage.

Wise words, but sadly, only security enthusiasts realize that. The goal of this thread should be to create an app, that makes it easy for the average user to get in touch with security in a rather playful way and get notified on threats. The interface of the final app shall be as uncluttered and simple as possible. But that is why I have set up the new GitHub - to let people contribute.

Quote:

Do we want our children to inherent a World where their ideas and actions can make a difference or one where it can not?

Well, our app may not change how the world is working, but certainly it will make a difference. Let's see..

Quote:

Definitely keeping a watch on that project. And spread the word.

Ha, you better do that! I'm counting on everyone to keep this project alive and flowering. Let's hack this!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SecUpwN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SecUpwN Ad-Free
24th November 2013, 05:37 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
oh uh
i have read the thread and i think you are a little overcomplicating the situation:

i want to point out a few options and i can link you to where you can buy these products, ill try to be historically correct:

in the analog days there were boxes to invert speech and you can buy them now. there were boxes trying to
detect runtime and load changes on the line and you can still buy them. there is EVEN the emulation possibility.

there are amps and directive antennas so you can have a different locations with your cellphone, they are quite cheap (3 usd - up to 30 usd for an amp). the sale price of the rhode & schwarz test equipment for the phone is 500 usd now, as there are newer models (the software of the test equipment is not a secret: it is partly an imsi catcher).

there are voip phones with encryption. yes they have linux cores and working RADIOS
also the boxes with analog - sim gateways technologies (50 usd) (there are even fax interfaces for
gsm and yes it is easy to debug).

there are long range bluetooth antennas and amps and boxes that share the sim cards via a bluetooth connection (you can relay it via internet) all that hardware and software is here and the stacks are well documented. developers are everywhere.

there are noise amps that make all that electronic standardized communication impossible at demonstration site, they are quite cheap.

there are long range bt headset and small ones (one cant see), all that is in the price range of 10 usd - 70 usd incl shipping.

there are open phone projects (lots of) which have got the sources of the radios. the problem is that no one of the devs
really likes to share, because it is all about the money and it is hard to work free all the time, because it is free work also
if you live with a refugee. it is about human rights in western states not about asking for a website.

there are sunglasses with mirrors inside so you can see your back.

there is proper phone software and Encoding lets call it proper encryption for phone calls via the internet from a swiss company. there are a lot of sources for datasheets and code available (the chinese internet is fully loaded with them).
they even have domestic products which they dare to sell to you.

ill be back and attach the file with the links of the place where to buy, but they will outdate. there are dev kits with sources
and they are hell cheap in aliexpress and in taobao. they even have fpga hardware for bitcoin mining so that you can use to encrypt voice and data for 30 bucks if you decide to let the user use their usb connections (and not only let them use half of the hardware they pay for in their phone or tablet, because “there is no time”).

all of that is very very cheap and easy. i dont saw any reason why the people in the Foto didnt know that before
ive red that thread. they even have quad sim phones there on aliexpress and you can use two phones (40 bucks each)
and let them switch Connections or use 2 voice Connections, no imsi catcher can monitor that. i have a lot of ideas. they are not about encryption... they are not about using monitor modes of old phones. you can use the softwware nemo or tems, just check the prices on aliexpress. hu there are android Versions!

you have speech synthesis, you have cheap sound cards for usb (3 usd), you can control machines remotely to make your voice calls... if you can get internet connections while demonstrating you can succeed... there are gps, small cameras, recorders and watches with cameras on aliexpress. they put it on you tube for you, if they can afford and import it.

you have tablets with code compatibility so that they are not traceable, you have ssds for 4 x 128 gb uhs-i cards...

all socs have sata, all socs have 2 x usb: only the customer does not want it and you are the customer!!! all people on this site is not able to do some reworking on that... and the chinese devs are not able to provide solder points for you in turn.
is it needed that someone dies before you call up the chinese devs?

nobody even compiles drivers for dvbt (spectrum scanning, only one old slow table has it) or for audio outputs,
but these are standard usage cases for every car or home... still i read about optimizations?

not even vpn modules are included in your "good" abnd “fast” roms in most cases... you dont have time... but the others die.

there is multipath tcp in development, even the guy who wrote the first windows 3.11 socks app is still online
waiting for your questions... there are couple of tcp ip stack mods already done
and available, but not included in life saving platforms (but in banking systems)... it is because usa likes to sell their products without any modifications... and europe sells imsi catchers?

hell the whole world is full of the docs and specs of the hardware you need and of the sources: they dare to get rid of it for minimal payment!

THEY SELL IT! only the people in these islamic countries dont know how to be save with your "technology", because you dont talk about it. there are reasons for that: these products are corrupt garbage (if you dont spend a lot of cash every month on it)
Attached Files
File Type: txt links2.txt - [Click for QR Code] (3.7 KB, 45 views)
24th November 2013, 10:07 AM |#111  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoewo

i have read the thread and i think you are a little overcomplicating the situation:

i want to point out a few options and i can link you to where you can buy these products, ill try to be historically correct

Let me summarize your post: You clearly have not understood the point of this project and make it way too simple. Don't get me wrong, but you are one of these guys why other people or developers leave or even not start anything due to annoyance of this type of "smart thinking" of peeps who tell them "with money you can already buy all that crap already". Thanks for your answer here, but PLEASE learn english first, then read everything carefully again and rethink your "smart" theories. Don't get depressed, posting while drunk happens to the best of us.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SecUpwN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SecUpwN Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
catcher, ciphering, detector, imsi, osmocom, spy
Previous Thread Next Thread