FORUMS

[DEV] Gb first pre-alpha porting

1,540 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,089

By Tigrouzen, Senior Member on 2nd January 2012, 11:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After too many work's and to many white night GB now working, off course there's no GSM waitin to Rebellos and Oleg work's on. Thank's for them to make this possible.

First Picture :

This ddms because S8530 no lcd then S8500 can use it with LCD view.

Update :
First pre-alpha SD
Work : Touch screen, Screen rotate...
Don't work : Wifi, Audio, all key...

I9000 factroyfs XJVO, initramfs XJVP full with modification!!!

Kernel GB some modif but not necessary, dont remember now

Just to clarify, all the work is mine except the kernel which is Rebellos and Oleg, I had no choice to use the kernel in order to work on porting Gb. But it will be confidentially.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Tigrouzen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tigrouzen Ad-Free
2nd January 2012, 11:23 AM |#2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 505

Donate to Me
More
Very very nice
Cant wait for LCD drivers to get ready.. badly want to play with android even if there are countless things left to fix
2nd January 2012, 11:27 AM |#3  
Flag Launceston
Thanks Meter: 258

Donate to Me
More
suggest not calling it "release" because it's certainly not :P rename thread?

maybe *MAYBE* pre-alpha release once it's shown on a phone with working display - S8530 has slightly different sdcard interface apparently... i've not been able to mount anything yet on my S8500, well done getting platform to start on S8530.
The Following User Says Thank You to nbates66 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nbates66 Ad-Free
2nd January 2012, 11:31 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag MARSEILLE

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbates66

suggest not calling it "release" because it's certainly not :P rename thread?

maybe *MAYBE* pre-alpha release once it's shown on a phone with working display - S8530 has slightly different sdcard interface apparently... i've not been able to mount anything yet on my S8500, well done getting platform to start on S8530.

Its some corrupt with disk_policy i disabled it. there's maybe difference but im not sure. Send you later script you will see. For now some little issue with touch screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tigrouzen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tigrouzen Ad-Free
2nd January 2012, 11:37 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Very well done my friend ^^
2nd January 2012, 11:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrouzen

After too many work's and to many white night GB now working, off course there's no GSM waitin to Rebellos and Oleg work's on. Thank's for them to make this possible.

Thumbs Up! I just finished my GB kernel compile, (but I replaced the init with the old one in the intramfs - I need my Bada, too ) but I can not test it until later this afternoon or evening... I'm on S8500 ...

Which version of OS did you used?
The Following User Says Thank You to anghelyi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anghelyi Ad-Free
2nd January 2012, 12:02 PM |#7  
Flag Launceston
Thanks Meter: 258

Donate to Me
More
i've had disk policy disabled in all my builds as well, trying another variation now after redoing my filesystem though, Tigrouhzen are you able to mount moviNAND as well yet?
2nd January 2012, 12:04 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
this GB port can work on S8500 right ? the s-AMOLED drivers are already ready with the devs unlike the wave II i believe..

so this Gingerbread port will display on the wave S8500 Screen?
2nd January 2012, 12:07 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag MARSEILLE

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbates66

i've had disk policy disabled in all my builds as well, trying another variation now after redoing my filesystem though, Tigrouhzen are you able to mount moviNAND as well yet?

Yes verry wel mounted all partition.
2nd January 2012, 12:19 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anghelyi

Thumbs Up! I just finished my GB kernel compile, (but I replaced the init with the old one in the intramfs - I need my Bada, too ) but I can not test it until later this afternoon or evening... I'm on S8500 ...

Which version of OS did you used?

OK, it boots here, too, to some extent: I can see the boot logo, but I haven't provided a filesystem to it so it reboots after a while... But my Bada is intact so later I'll try to mount the filesystem, too!
2nd January 2012, 12:46 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag MARSEILLE

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anghelyi

OK, it boots here, too, to some extent: I can see the boot logo, but I haven't provided a filesystem to it so it reboots after a while... But my Bada is intact so later I'll try to mount the filesystem, too!

Because its on initramfs. If you want your bada intact dont forget disabled disk_policy. I use Gb init full from i9000. The big hardly its you need to change script and some script on system also, and make right symlink then ive got problem with symlink doesnt make any link then i make on my initramfs a link, like mount ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /sd2 ln -s /sd2/system /system....etc...

I go to sleep some good night !!!

Edit: nbates66 ive got a real all scripts, booting in sd version froyo then adb pull /*.rc
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)