FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STOCK ROMS] N7000 All stock ROMs + install + Root guide All at 1place,Latest 4.1.*

32,106 posts
Thanks Meter: 64,813

By dr.ketan, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 3rd January 2012, 06:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th February 2012, 05:35 PM |#891  
Flag all over
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan

Which file do I use ?
Listen closely, for I will say zis only once!
Go to Settings -> About phone -> Kernel Version. Note the string present there:
2.6.35.7-N7000XXKJ4-CL641703
What matters most (KJ4) in this case, is in bold. Try to find the matching file
e.g. CF-Root-SGN_XX_XEN_KJ4-v5.0-CWM4.zip)

so choose accordingly

Does this mean that CF Root zip must match the kernel version we currently have? Or can I choose LB1 CF root file in order to upgrade my kernel?

Thanks!
28th February 2012, 06:24 PM |#892  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cswithxda

Does this mean that CF Root zip must match the kernel version we currently have? Or can I choose LB1 CF root file in order to upgrade my kernel?

Thanks!

Just download the LB1 CF-root kernel and run already-rooted.bat

I had LA4 base with LA4 based speedmod kernel, then installed the LB1 CF-root over it and I had no problems. I did this in order to flash the stock rom of LB1. Everything is LB1 now and it's working great!
The Following User Says Thank You to porcusor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift porcusor Ad-Free
28th February 2012, 06:24 PM |#893  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 64,813

Donate to Me
More
@cswithxda
Most near version kernels are identical, there is no harm to use it.
E.g u can use lb1 cf root kernel for la1/2/3..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 06:54 PM |#894  
Flag all over

More
Thank you guys!

Couldn't wait and risked my chance before reading your reply

I read the original CF-Root post from ChainFire repeatedly a couple of times, and followed this "update kernel" procedure using CMW (copying the zImage to the phone from computer though), and am now happy with consistent kernel/firmware numbers and maybe better performance of the phone that I haven't seen yet

Quote:

3.1. Flashing a new kernel

This is easy. CWM Manager can flash zImage files (on any rooted kernel), zImage files inside a .tar file (only on a CF-Root kernel), and zImage files inside a .tar.zip (only on a CF-Root kernel). Note that zImage must be the ONLY file in an archive, if is is inside a tar or zipped tar.

- Put the zImage (or tar, or zip) file on your SD card
- Open the CWM Manager app
- Select "Flash kernel"
- Select the file you just put on your device
- CWM Manager will flash the kernel and reboot

If you flash a non-CF-Root kernel, you will lose a lot of functionality from CWM Manager. However, the app will (likely) still allow you to flash kernels.

Still, what doctor said was really helpful: no harm to use a "sibling kernel"
28th February 2012, 07:02 PM |#895  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
can someone please help me , i use CWM recovery method to flash the newer rom ( N7000XILB1 and N7000OXALA4 ) and after everything i go settings to check my version it say 2.3.5 instead of 2.3.6? why? thanks
28th February 2012, 07:22 PM |#896  
Flag all over

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyfong

can someone please help me , i use CWM recovery method to flash the newer rom ( N7000XILB1 and N7000OXALA4 ) and after everything i go settings to check my version it say 2.3.5 instead of 2.3.6? why? thanks

I'm too new to have enough experience with your issue, but one good suggestion I have would be to capture several screenshot of your "about phone" page, and maybe even the "build info" page from the app "Android system info" so people have a better view of your system info
28th February 2012, 10:10 PM |#897  

More
tried flashing N7000XXLA4------------ 2.3.6---2012 January--------N7000DREKL1------------------Austria (3)------------------------ this as well but still the same, under settings it says phone version 2.3.5
28th February 2012, 11:06 PM |#898  
Flag Zürich
Thanks Meter: 831

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i use CWM recovery method to flash the newer rom ... my version it say 2.3.5 instead of 2.3.6?

Quote:

tried flashing ... but still the same, under settings it says phone version 2.3.5

Version says 2.3.5 but build is KLwhatever? Seems strange.
Get a firmware you know must be 2.3.6 and follow the link in my signature. Youre doing something wrong as KK5 was the last 2.3.5 I believe.

#Tapatalk #Galaxy Note
29th February 2012, 12:24 AM |#899  

More
I flash those ROM I mentioned but still it says 2.3.5 something must had went wrong somewhere

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
29th February 2012, 12:53 AM |#900  
Flag Zürich
Thanks Meter: 831

Donate to Me
More
Could you, as another user suggested, post a screenshot of your about info screen? I'd like to see the info you talk about yourself.
29th February 2012, 01:08 AM |#901  

More
How Do I take screenshot and post in my phone lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dr.ketan's open hour

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)