Root achieved!

542 posts
Thanks Meter: 213
 
By pyrostic, Senior Member on 3rd January 2012, 05:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
http://twitter.com/_viperboy_

Roots both versions currently out. Also, won't be released until the 12th to assure root of ICS.

See the twitter above. Love the Mexican food names

EDIT: changed title

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
3rd January 2012, 05:59 PM |#2  
Evo_Shift's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 485
 
More
Damn, my work says "Social Networking" is not permitted.

So it works on the newer firmware? I don't understand though. If the bootloader was encrypted how does this actually work? This means we can use apps that require root but still wouldn't be able to have s-off for flashing kernels and things right?
3rd January 2012, 06:03 PM |#3  
Senior Member
New York.
Thanks Meter: 324
 
More
Relax and wait for bootloader unlock tool coming in days.
3rd January 2012, 06:05 PM |#4  
Evo_Shift's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 485
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itaintrite

Relax and wait for bootloader unlock tool coming in days.

Oh I see. Even though the tool would unlock the bootloader we still needed to find a way to root the device.

Thanks.
3rd January 2012, 06:06 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Shift

Damn, my work says "Social Networking" is not permitted.

So it works on the newer firmware? I don't understand though. If the bootloader was encrypted how does this actually work? This means we can use apps that require root but still wouldn't be able to have s-off for flashing kernels and things right?

Just for you:
Quote:

_viperboy_
Thanks to NachoRoot and @TeamAndIRC there is now root on Transformer Prime!! This was on .27 SW, updating to .33 to test as we speak!
20 minutes ago

The Following User Says Thank You to joe14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joe14 Ad-Free
3rd January 2012, 06:07 PM |#6  
pyrostic's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago - Northwest Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 213
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Shift

Oh I see. Even though the tool would unlock the bootloader we still needed to find a way to root the device.

Thanks.

Partially, but at least it will help us do many other things.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
3rd January 2012, 06:16 PM |#7  
blackinjun's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Why is this post so far down the page already, can we get a temp sticky.
3rd January 2012, 06:26 PM |#8  
jfortier777's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Talking
First an unlocked bootloader and now root!

Today is a joyous day, joyous indeed!
3rd January 2012, 06:26 PM |#9  
rjscott2005's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
So to translate for the 'older, more prone to senility crowd', can someone explain nachoroot? Is this a person, place, or thing? Please and thank you.
3rd January 2012, 06:42 PM |#10  
johnnyutah22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
Nachoroot is apparently a program to root the prime. Looks like some guys on twitter created it and have rootedthe prime with it. They tested on .27 and now are testing on .33 which is the latest OTA so we just have to wait and see if it works.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

And now they have apparently been successful with .33, I'd suggest following the twitter of viperboy that's linked a few posts up.
3rd January 2012, 06:44 PM |#11  
rjscott2005's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Thanks. That's exactly how I interpreted the post but when I googled 'nachoroot' I didn't find anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyutah22

Nachoroot is apparently a program to root the prime. Looks like some guys on twitter created it and have rootedthe prime with it. They tested on .27 and now are testing on .33 which is the latest OTA so we just have to wait and see if it works.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

And now they have apparently been successful with .33, I'd suggest following the twitter of viperboy that's linked a few posts up.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes