FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide]Smooth Spinners for GB and ICS - HyperDroid

3,134 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,778

By D.O.C, Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator on 4th January 2012, 03:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This Guide is intended for rom developers/cooks to add some visual candy for they roms.

All credits are due to ihlades, and we would want to thank him for all his efforts to the Open Source community, a true example of a respected developer and we are very proud to have him here at XDA...Thanks!!, to pongster who has been sharing this since he opensourced his GBX project over at the HD2 forums, and all the great devs who help other users into becoming true modders, thanks!!

We (Hyperdroid Team) have been using this mod in three devices now (SGT, HD2 and S2), so we are confident it will work in any android based device running gingerbread (we have not tested yet on ICS).

you must have basic compiling/decompiling knowledge and already have the tools set up to it to edit xmls.

The xmls are located at framework-res.apk/res/drawable

This is the list of the xmls to edit

• progress_large.xml
  • progress_large_white.xml
  • progress_medium.xml
  • progress_medium_white.xml
  • progress_small.xml
  • progress_small_titlebar.xml
  • progress_small_white
  • search_spinner.xml

copy and paste replacing current code with this code into them

progress_large.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<animated-rotate android:drawable="@drawable/spinner_black_76" android:pivotX="50.0%" android:pivotY="50.0%" android:frameDuration="25" android:framesCount="48"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" />
progress_large_white.xml

Code:
<animated-rotate android:drawable="@drawable/spinner_white_76" android:pivotX="50.0%" android:pivotY="50.0%" android:frameDuration="25" android:framesCount="48"
progress_medium.xml

Code:
<animated-rotate android:drawable="@drawable/spinner_black_48" android:pivotX="50.0%" android:pivotY="50.0%" android:frameDuration="25" android:framesCount="48"
progress_medium_white.xml

Code:
<animated-rotate android:drawable="@drawable/spinner_white_48" android:pivotX="50.0%" android:pivotY="50.0%" android:frameDuration="25" android:framesCount="48"
progress_small.xml

Code:
<animated-rotate android:drawable="@drawable/spinner_black_16" android:pivotX="50.0%" android:pivotY="50.0%" android:frameDuration="25" android:framesCount="48"
progress_small_titlebar.xml

Code:
<animated-rotate android:drawable="@drawable/spinner_white_16" android:pivotX="50.0%" android:pivotY="50.0%" android:frameDuration="25" android:framesCount="48"
progress_small_white.xml

Code:
<animated-rotate android:drawable="@drawable/spinner_white_16" android:pivotX="50.0%" android:pivotY="50.0%" android:frameDuration="25" android:framesCount="48"
search_spinner.xml

Code:
<animated-rotate android:drawable="@drawable/spinner_black_20" android:pivotX="50.0%" android:pivotY="50.0%" android:frameDuration="25" android:framesCount="48"
then compile back.

If you noticed, all we are doing is increasing the frames count in the same time, giving the spinners the smooth animation it deserves

here are the xmls zipped uncompiled for your commodity, just replace them in framework-res.apk/res/drawable, then compile back.

and here is a vrtheme for it, it should work in any device (untested and dont come crying here it doesnt work, if it doesnt, then do the whole process which is about 1 min if you know what you are doing)
Attached Files
File Type: 7z smoothspinners.7z - [Click for QR Code] (512 Bytes, 1122 views)
File Type: zip HyperDroid_SmoothSpinners.zip - [Click for QR Code] (516.0 KB, 1244 views)
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to D.O.C For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D.O.C Ad-Free
4th January 2012, 04:13 PM |#2  
Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Pescara
Thanks Meter: 6,318

Donate to Me
More
Great tutorial this new year!
You are the man Doc
The Following User Says Thank You to LeoMar75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LeoMar75 Ad-Free
4th January 2012, 04:46 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag APQ8084
Thanks Meter: 22,478

Donate to Me
More
Any screenshots from GB? I can try with ICS
4th January 2012, 07:32 PM |#4  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neobuddy89

Any screenshots from GB? I can try with ICS

Screenshots? Impossible, you will need a video for it...ill give u a hint frames/sec
Try to search for hyperdroid in youtube, there are plenty of videos there. Look at the spinnibg circle when the device is "thinking", its not pause like on stock, its smooth
The Following User Says Thank You to D.O.C For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D.O.C Ad-Free
5th January 2012, 08:46 AM |#5  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorcete

We (Hyperdroid Team) have been using this mod in three devices now (SGT, HD2 and S2), so we are confident it will work in any android based device running gingerbread (we have not tested yet on ICS).

Thank you very much for this interesting job.
But what's about Sense GB ROMs?
I've edited xml files according your tutorial in the framework-res.apk in my 3.5 Sense ROM for HD2 and received permanent FC of HTC Sense.
Any advice?
5th January 2012, 10:16 AM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdoux25

Thank you very much for this interesting job.
But what's about Sense GB ROMs?
I've edited xml files according your tutorial in the framework-res.apk in my 3.5 Sense ROM for HD2 and received permanent FC of HTC Sense.
Any advice?

FC?, u edited and compiled framework?, I modded sense before (HTC Desire HD), and it fid not gave me problems. Upload your framework, Ill do it for ya. But it should work when compiling framework-res.apk.
The Following User Says Thank You to D.O.C For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D.O.C Ad-Free
5th January 2012, 10:33 AM |#7  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

FC?, u edited and compiled framework?, I modded sense before (HTC Desire HD), and it fid not gave me problems. Upload your framework, Ill do it for ya. But it should work when compiling framework-res.apk.

Thanks once more.
I've solved FC problems already.
It was my mistake compiling apk. Now everything is OK.
5th January 2012, 10:55 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 247

Donate to Me
More
hey, i jz tried it out on xperia x10 and its working.
jz to report
5th January 2012, 12:47 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdoux25

Thanks once more.
I've solved FC problems already.
It was my mistake compiling apk. Now everything is OK.

Great, i was sure there was a nonsense prob, glad u figured it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcxa23

hey, i jz tried it out on xperia x10 and its working.
jz to report

, its a nice mod isnt it?
6th January 2012, 10:53 AM |#10  
Flag Durgapur
Thanks Meter: 611

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This Guide is intended for rom developers/cooks to add some visual candy for they roms.

All credits are due to ihlades, and we would want to thank him for all his efforts to the Open Source community, a true example of a respected developer and we are very proud to have him here at XDA...Thanks!!, to pongster who has been sharing this since he opensourced his GBX project over at the HD2 forums, and all the great devs who help other users into becoming true modders, thanks!!

you must have basic compiling/decompiling knowledge and already have the tools set up to it to edit xmls.

The xmls are located at framework-res.apk/res/drawable

This is the list of the xmls to edit

• progress_large.xml
  • progress_large_white.xml
  • progress_medium.xml
  • progress_medium_white.xml
  • progress_small.xml
  • progress_small_titlebar.xml
  • progress_small_white
  • search_spinner.xml

copy and paste replacing current code with this code into them

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<animated-rotate android:drawable="@drawable/spinner_black_20" android:pivotX="50.0%" android:pivotY="50.0%" android:frameDuration="25" android:framesCount="48"
then compile back.

If you noticed, all we are doing is increasing the frames count in the same time, giving the spinners the smooth animation it deserves

here are the xmls zipped uncompiled for your commodity, just replace them in framework-res.apk/res/drawable, then compile back.

and here is a vrtheme for it, it should work in any device (untested and dont come crying here it doesnt work, if it doesnt, then do the whole process which is about 1 min if you know what you are doing)

Will it work with Froyo on my Galaxy 3?
17th January 2012, 01:49 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
absolutly love this mod on my Galaxy note..

a question though - can anything be done to smooth out the progress bar ?

Mitch
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spinners; smooth; eye candy

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)