FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][CWM][HC3.2.1] acer_a500_7.014.14_com_gen1 + root + busybox

170 posts
Thanks Meter: 189

By gersma, Senior Member on 5th January 2012, 02:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there,

Since this forum helped me a lot in the past I thought doing something back for the community wouldn't be a bad thing. So here comes my contribution.
Today (5 jan 2012) my tablet hit some updates from the acer server and I've compiled a clean clockworkmod rom out of it so it would be safe to flash with CWM.
I can assure you this is an extremly clean image. Its compiled of 3 encrypted files that originated from Acers update server.

Anyways, after flashing you will be left with :
- Honeycomb v3.2.1
- Acer_A500_7.014.14_COM_GEN1
- Full stock (with or without root/busybox, you decide)

Installation :
- There are 2 versions, a stock version and a pre rooted version.
- The stock version can rooted/busyboxed through CWM with the 2nd file.
- The pre rooted version does not require that, hence it's name.

Stock version :
- Here's the link to the rom : download
- Here's the link for rooting : download

Pre rooted/busyboxed version :
- Here's the link to the pre rooted rom : download

Notes :
- All of the above files are to be used with CWM
- I recommend a full hardware reset of the device (wich will wipe all, even your pictures, etc.)
- I will not be held responsible for bricking your device !
- The languages in this build are : Cestina, Dansk, Deutsch, English (Ca, Uk, US), Espanol, Francais, Italiano, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk bokmal, Polski, Portugues, Suomi, Svenska + 6 extra languages i cant write down because my keyboard hasn't got the letters on it (I think 2 russian, 1 arab, 3 chinese)

Good luck
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to gersma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gersma Ad-Free

6th January 2012, 08:47 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Simple Rootguide if you are already on OTA 3.2.1

- take a micro sdcard (2Gb or higher) and format it to fat32
- on that sdcard you need to put 'iconiaroot v1.3.apk' and 'acer recovery installer v2.54.apk' (iconiaroot you can find on xda forum, acer recovery installer you can find on the market and can also be downloaded after downgrading to the unstable 3.0.1, see next step)
- search the acer forum here on xda for the downgrade rom 3.0.1 wich is especially modded to work with the stock acer recovery, put that 'update.zip' on the root of your sdcard too.
- download my pre rooted/busyboxed 3.2.1 rom and put it on the root of your sdcard too (or any other rom wich is cwm flashable)
- shut down your tablet and insert your prepared sdcard
- restart the tablet like this : press and hold at the same time the volume minus button and the power button, when you sence a vibration release the powerbutton but hold the volume minus button a little bit longer, until you see som text apearing in the upper left corner of your screen (when you see that text release the minus button too)
- at that point the tablet will begin flashing the unstable 3.0.1 rom
- when the flash process is finished the tablet will reboot, and you will enter a very unstable system with error messages popping up every 10 seconds.
- you can ignore these error messages as you wont be long on this unstable system
- all you have to do now is get your internet connection to work, login with your google account, rush to the market and install a file manager
- with that file manager go to the root dir of your sdcard and install iconiaroot v1.3
- your unstable rom is now rooted and the only purpose of that is to be able to install acer recovery installer from the market
- download and install the acer recovery installer from the market
- open acer recovery installer and install clockworkmod from within that program
- in acer recovery installer search for the option 'reboot in recovery mode'
- your tablet will now reboot in recovery mode, in this mode you can flash my rom wich is on the root of your sdcard too
- make shure you dont flash the unstable update.zip again and select 'choose zip from sdcard' or similar and choose the right rom !!

Thats it.
Again, if your tablet gets bricked in the process, you and only you are to blame, not me or any other tutorial for that mather !!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gersma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gersma Ad-Free
7th January 2012, 01:31 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have been running this for a few hours now on Thor's kernel and it's exactly as promised. Nice clean stock ROM! Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!
7th January 2012, 04:57 AM |#4  
Flag Panama city beach
Thanks Meter: 378

More
Running fast and smooth! Great job! Thanks so much
7th January 2012, 07:40 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Great job I will flash today after work , good to see a complete stock Rom.
The second file with root cant be combined with the Rom?

Sent from my Desire HD
7th January 2012, 08:55 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Came from 7.006.01_COM_GEN2, first flashed CWM_ROM_A500_701414_GEN1.zip and then CWM_ROOT_A500_701414_GEN1.zip directly afterwards. Then, wiped cache partition and Dalvik cache, but didn't do a full wipe. Took a couple of minutes for the first boot and everything seems to work fine right now. Many thanks @gersma!
7th January 2012, 10:07 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe9002

Great job I will flash today after work , good to see a complete stock Rom.
The second file with root cant be combined with the Rom?

Sent from my Desire HD

Not in its current state, one would need to add some extra lines in the install script for the proper permissions. If you want that real badly I could make an all in one cwm package and provide it as a separate dowload.
The Following User Says Thank You to gersma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gersma Ad-Free
7th January 2012, 10:41 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gersma

Not in its current state, one would need to add some extra lines in the install script for the proper permissions. If you want that real badly I could make an all in one cwm package and provide it as a separate dowload.

No please dont waste your time , one question do we flash the extra root zip before first boot of the newly flashed rom or after first boot?
7th January 2012, 11:34 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe9002

No please dont waste your time , one question do we flash the extra root zip before first boot of the newly flashed rom or after first boot?

You can flash it the one after the other without rebooting. First flash the rom, then flash the root, then reboot.

But it is not a waste of time and I am currently uloading a combination of the rom and the root in one package. I'll provide the link in the first post within the hour. Then you can choose which one you download. The pre rooted version or the stock version which has to be rooted afterwords if one wants that.
The Following User Says Thank You to gersma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gersma Ad-Free
7th January 2012, 02:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 237

More
This looks handy. I have stayed away from custom ROMs because they're all either buggy or they've removed stuff that I like, for example Lumibooks. So with that in mind atleast I do appreciate the effort!
8th January 2012, 03:59 AM |#11  
Boone, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WereCatf

This looks handy. I have stayed away from custom ROMs because they're all either buggy or they've removed stuff that I like, for example Lumibooks. So with that in mind atleast I do appreciate the effort!

Yah, same here. I kinda like having all the stock apps. I mean at this point I think I'm used to having it on my tab. I just like being rooted so I can make it pretty, with swirly lights and junk.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gen2, stock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)