How to use it?
- You should have VS2008 and Windows Mobile 6 Pro SDK installed.
- If you also have VS2010 + WP7SDK, most likely you won't be able to use debugger in VS2008. To fix this issue copy attached edm2.exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\SmartDevices\Debugger\target\wce400\armv4i (probably without x86 postfix in Program Files path)
(Just to note - this edm2.exe isn't "special for ce7". It works on WM6 device too)
- You should have full unlock on your phone (not dev unlock! not interop unlock!)
- Sideload NativeDebugger.xap to phone
- Run it, wait until ip list appears.
- In VS2008: Tools->Options. Then change ip to 127.0.0.1. Screenshot:
- You have to run xap after every soft reset
- If you create UI, debugger "forgets" to detect app closing. However, breakpoints still work and debug log is still being received.
What else can this xap do?
- Native debugging, as it was already mentioned
- You can use almost all CE Remote Tools.
Limitations: CERemoteSpy can't setup a window hook (thanks MS for abandoning slot-based virtual memory system)
Process Viewer can't get list of processes
P.S. If you want to compile native exe, don't forget to generate new coredll.lib