[ROM]HC3.2.1 civato-FLEXSTRIKER-R9.5-LIGHT-adHOC-optional HULU (19/2/2012)(bye bye)

4,296 posts
Thanks Meter: 19,316

By civato, Inactive Recognized Contributor on 5th January 2012, 05:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
NOTE:
This will be the last release of my hand , personal stuff like kids and wife are the most important thing in my life.
I hope you enjoy my creations and some of you may continue what I started.
I would like to thank THOR and all the other testers and users for the feedback so I could make this .
Always take a NANDROID backup before you flash anything

First time you install this ROM

BEFORE you flash this ROM with CWM.
Wipe Data/factory reset , Cache, dalvik and BatteryStats!!!!!
Format : system , data , cache , flexrom !!!!!!

Quote:

R8 =Based on HC3.2.1 ACER_A500_7.014.015_COM_GEN1

STOCK KERNEL
(Flexstriker with Custom kernel can be found at TegraOwners)
Hulu support with modded Flashplayer.
Rooted
Bootloader.blob removed
deodexed
pngoptimized
zipaligned
Tweaked for speed
BusyBox
Superuser 3.07 , bin 3.0.3.2
tun
cif
small add free hosts
Crypted gps patch3.1
Integrated Ad-Hoc-Wifi
Integrated DHCP wifi lease patch (Thanks to ezterry)
3Gusb Huawei support please download full rom at TegraOwners
civato MODS available

Quote:

APK'S and widget included in the base rom(Custom Blue icons):

Agenda/Browser/Camcorder/camera/contacts/Clock/Downloads/EMail/Asus e-mail widget/Asus weather widget/Drivemount/Lumiread/Livewallpapers/Music2/Galery/GMAIL/GoogleSearch/Settings/Streets/Market3.4.4/Mediaserver/My water wallpaper/Navigate/ VideoEditorGoogle /VoiceRecorder/VoiceSearch/Supernote/Superuser3.07/Talk/YouTube

APK'S in data (can be removed in Apps)

HideBar
PhotoEditor
HULU-Plus (in HULU installer)
Polaris Office
TouchscreenBooster
QuickPic-1.4.0
DefaultAppMananger-1.0
Toshiba mediaplayer
Default app manager
mobo mediaplayer
soundhound
switchMe
Soundback
cube calculator
Games: NFS ; LetsGolf ;Simcity delux

Quote:

If you want custom kernel , you can flash it at this one but you will lose native ntfs support and the 3Gusb patch from this thread will overide the custom kernel .
If you want custom kernel build in for OC with native ntfs support and 3Gusb support please visit FLEXSTRIKER-R9.5-OC at TO and download from there
[CENTER]
INSTALLATION NOTE:

This is base rom ,form this one you start and add what you want.
-First you flash the base rom and reboot ! Then you go back into recovery and flash the THEME mods.
There is no flashplayer installed in the rom , you can download latest from the market or if you want HULU you use the HULU installer.
People coming from FLEXSTRIKER don't need to wipe anything , only need to install what they want , if yo already got HULU installed no need to reinstall it if you don't wipe data.
All mods and addons work on R9.

Market is 3.17 but will auto update to 3.4.4 after you used the market a few times.

Quote:

3Gusb Not available due to camera failur when using this patch on stock kernel , please use FLEXSTRIKER full rom at tegra owners with 3G patch

Quote:

INSTALLATION NOTE:
You flash this over the base ROM . (thanks to Williamfold)
This installs a modified flashplayer 11.1 that alows to play HULU and it installs the HULU+app.
You can remove the HULU flashplayer from apps like any app , don't update the HULU flashplayer true market , you will get error or you lose HULU support.

Quote:

FLEXSTRIKER-R9.5 ID changer to G100W ( if you want that your tablet is recognized as a PackardBell G100W , by default it is A500)
(flash with cwm after you flashed the rom)

IF YOU WANT MORE SYSTEM APPS

FLEXSTRIKER-R8-R9-addON-FLASHER-release2

-Change in how to use , please read instructions.

-No more color icons , sorry to much work , maybe I upload just the icons and you can use a folder orginazer to use them.

Quote:

How it works:
-First download the "FLEXSTRIKER-R8-addON-FLASHER"
-In the addON-FLASHER all the apps are pressent so you need to delete the ones you don't want to have.
-You can open it (don't unzip) with winrar or something simular , go to system/app , there you find all the apps.
-Delet the ones you don't want and put the addON-FLASHER on your tablet and flash with cwm - reboot.

Apps that are in the "system APPS for use with addON-FLASHER" (for now only with blue icons)
3DPhotoBrowser/Acersync/AcerDNLA/Acerclockwidget/ApinAP/Aupeo/Books/AgendaWidge/calculator/ClearFI/DTG(documents to go full)/Dualclock/gameloft/ICSClock/LinkToFacebook/nemoplayer(acermediaplayer)/SocialJogger/TegraZone/WeatherWidget/XT9/Zinioreader.
(remember , some apps need a other app to work , example: clearfi needs acerDNLA)

Quote:

TIPS:

- Problems with GPS, try other patch from crypted, AGPS Patch Iconia 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SATS - xda-developers
Crypted

COLOR THEMES SEE NEXT POST

Quote:

Changelog:

19-jan-2012: BASE-2-R8 :new and final build of FLEXSTRIKER , crt animation on lockscreen and % battery mod.
22-jan-2012: addon flasher contains more system apps
27-jan-2012: added patch for the people that want solution fot FC on browser when using "search on page" options (there is a back site to it , please read in patches)

9-feb-2012: R9 released:Base rom got no more CRT animation and %battery due to the browser "search on page" FC.
Mods are still available with crt animation and patches , a small battery mod will be available if you want crt and % battery on stock look but remember then you got that little bug.

Added swype keyboard and SoundHound .

16-feb-2012: R9.5 released:
-Soundback , SoundHound and Lumiread are now in Data app so they can be removed like any app from the market.
-Maps , skype , EsFileexplorer,...... are all updated to latest version.
-Polaris Office bug fixed when opening word or pdf document.
-2New wallpapers in Base rom

-SwitchMe is added in data , very nice and good app for having multiple accounts on your tablet .

What you can do with this app:
Privacy - the most obvious benefit is that you can securely share one device among multiple users, which gives you privacy and peace of mind.
E-reading - whenever you want to read on your tablet but dont want any notifications or need any connectivity, just switch to an ereader profile.
Testing - if you are a developer, you can use profiles as clean sandboxes to test your applications and their interaction with the system.
Gaming – with multiple installations of Android on a single device, you can now play online MMOs as different characters.
Speed - the games your kids play slow down your tablet, but with SwitchMe you can easily create profiles without games or instant messengers.
Battery life - when the battery is low but there are important emails or documents to edit later, switch to a profile which only contains these essentials.

Warning for users:
Its critical to understand that incorrect use of this application can potentially harm your device. This can happen if you create and switch to a profile that
exceeds the available memory – switching into this profile will cause a boot loop as Android attempts to unsuccessfully build the Dalvik cache.

Before proceeding with use we strongly recommend that you perform a full nandroid backup through recovery.

UNOFFICIAL A2SD SOLUTIONS ARE NOT SUPPORTED, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

The Dev of this app contacted me to put this app on my rom with the promise of 100% support .
Support for this app can be found and asked here:SwitchMe support

19-feb-2012: added Polaris Office patch

All mods and addOns work on R9

PATCHES

Quote:

FC on browser when using option"search on page" is Fixed in R9.

If you use a mod :
SEE THEME SECTION

19-feb-2012: Polaris Office FC patch:
Download this polaris_office_v3.0.3091zd.apk , First remove the Polaris Office that is on your tablet and install this one with a file manager like EsFileExplorer.

BIG thanks to Williamfold , Vache , ezterry ,Crypted , THOR .

This rom was tested by 8 differend people and they did not had any problems with it . (xda app FC is the only thing , but if that is rom releated I don't think so , possible that some other random app don't work , but I don't feel like testing every app on the market. If you know any OS that is 100% stable please show it to me)
Please follow instal instructions !!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG thanks to my testers : Biggzz ; iamtek7 ; Rainbowbright081 ; fgcchevy ; The.Yield ; manu33xtro ; garbagecanman .

Again I'm a noob at these linux things , and I'm planning on staying a noob , it's just I like to mess around for my own rom and I wan't to share it with anyone that likes it.
I almost bricked my tab testing this rom but he that is the price you have to pay , lucky for me I always got a backup so people always take a nandroid backup !!!

Civato 2012 the mixer. Family and friends come first !!!!!
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift civato Ad-Free
5th January 2012, 05:32 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
COLOR THEMES

Changlog:
10-jan-2012 : White version.
18-jan-2012: ICE mod , Purple mod (thanks to Rainbowbright081) and all mods got CRT animation on lockscreen and color text on lockscreen and settings background got matching color.
Example of the purple lockscreen:

Blue-Red mod got % battery now like the other mods.
Sorry no more color icons , to much work , will upload just the icons maybe later , so you can use a folder orginazer to aplly the icons.

27-jan-2012: patch for color mods

PATCHES for color themes

-This patch is for the Force closer of the browser when using "search on page" option.
Flash with CWM , no need for wipe.

ALWAYS INSTALL THE FULL MOD FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEN FLASH THIS PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTE:
If you use this patch all colors will be untouched but you will lose color text , CRT animation and % Battery.
Sorry there is no other way , if you can live with that little bug don't use this patch if you prefer CRT and %Battery.
Use the patch according the color mod you use , if not you will end up with 2 colors.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS :
-Before you flash one of these mods please make sure you rebooted your tablet with FLEXSTRIKER original ROM first and then go back to recovery to flash mod ! If you don't do this bootloop is possible !

-Clear : Cache , Dalvik and BatteryStats every time you flash a mod.

-Install with CWM

-These MODS are made for FLEXSTRIKER only , using them on any other rom is not stable and will end in FC on some apps

FLEXSTRIKER BLUE/RED mod

FLEXSTRIKER- BLUE/RED(mirror1)
FLEXSTRIKER- BLUE/RED(mirror2)

COLORED MODS

Based on BigDX

FLEXSTRIKER BLUE MOD(mirror1)
FLEXSTRIKER BLUE MOD(mirror2

FLEXSTRIKER GREEN MOD(mirror1)
FLEXSTRIKER GREEN MOD(mirror2)

FLEXSTRIKER RED MOD(mirror1)

FLEXSTRIKER RED MOD (mirror2)

FLEXSTRIKER-WHITE-MOD(mirror1)

FLEXSTRIKER-WHITE-MOD(mirro2)

FLEXSTRIKER-ICE-MOD(mirror1)
FLEXSTRIKER-ICE-MOD(mirror2)

FLEXSTRIKER-PURPLE-MOD Thanks to RainbowBright081(mirror1)
Rainbowbright081 is a girl and that is why she made the purple mod , but even a viking like me can appriciate this mod.
FLEXSTRIKER-PURPLE-MOD Thanks to RainbowBright081(mirror2)l

BACK TO STOCK THEME
Quote:

FLEXSTRIKER WALLPAPERS

Wallpapers in color, green , grey , blue , red , unzip and put them on your tablet , pick with your picture browser and select them as a background
FLEXSTRIKER WALLPAPERS

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift civato Ad-Free
5th January 2012, 05:52 PM |#3  
Flag Honolulu, HI
Thanks Meter: 302

More
I freaking love this rom. Thanks Civato!!
5th January 2012, 05:55 PM |#4  
Flag Binan
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Nice.. thumbs up for this.. will flash it later @ night.. So how's the stock kernel performs within the rom like the performance on battery or others?
5th January 2012, 06:17 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperkamote

Nice.. thumbs up for this.. will flash it later @ night.. So how's the stock kernel performs within the rom like the performance on battery or others?

On normal use it's good but oc is much faster.
Tweaks are a little different , so are modules because of the stock kernel.
But it still runs smooth.
The Following User Says Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift civato Ad-Free
5th January 2012, 07:03 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Thanks go out to all of the A-holes that keep driving away all of the good devs or hobbiests or enthusiasts.
Thanks Civ, this ROM is excellent, people like me need people like you to get the most out of our devices.
I hope you stay in the game somewhere and I'm able to find out where .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rconnjr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rconnjr Ad-Free
5th January 2012, 07:16 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rconnjr

Thanks go out to all of the A-holes that keep driving away all of the good devs or hobbiests or enthusiasts.
Thanks Civ, this ROM is excellent, people like me need people like you to get the most out of our devices.
I hope you stay in the game somewhere and I'm able to find out where .

Thanks m8 , enjoy it m8.
But don't start the hate , this is my goodbey m8.
Like I noted , let the white knights do the job they believe they can do better.

XDA is a good place and maybe mistakes have been made but the way a newbie like me got kicked at by some is stupid and I'm not putting time it that.
This is what the world is going for , me ,me, me look how big I am attitude and even here in a place where the rules are:

Quote:

Flaming: XDA was founded as a group of people sharing information about certain mobile phones. Sharing does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) it does involve working together to solve problems in an environment of mutual respect and understanding. Losing your temper and flaming another member, or group of members, is not acceptable behavior.

Personal attacks, racial, political and/or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive, therefore none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

Have nice and good 2012.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift civato Ad-Free
7th January 2012, 02:51 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 180

Donate to Me
More
I made a review of FLEXSTRIKER ROM for Acer A500! check it out and let me know what you think. You can use it anywhere you like. If you like or want to help please click the adsense advertisement on the site, Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ealSwo9u0
The Following User Says Thank You to ssdave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ssdave Ad-Free
7th January 2012, 03:38 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdave

I made a review of FLEXSTRIKER ROM for Acer A500! check it out and let me know what you think. You can use it anywhere you like. If you like or want to help please click the adsense advertisement on the site, Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ealSwo9u0

Thanks m8 , but I think you should review the full version it is update to R6 but not at XDA in this thread.
R6 got ntfs support on custom kernel something that was lost ones you used a custom kernel.
Thor and me fixed that yesterday and it runs very smooth , so I think it is a first thing seen on custom kernel ntfs support without having to use drivemount. On stock kernel ntfs support is no problem for HC3.2. But now you can overclock and still have the ntfs support on R6.
This brings this rom to a other level.
Anyway gonna check out your review. THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT;
I've watched it , it's nice but still think you need to review FLEXSTRIKER-R6 (not light version with OC kernel) this light R5 version is with stock kernel so no overclocking.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift civato Ad-Free
7th January 2012, 05:00 PM |#10  
Flag Desert Rat
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Civato:

I am currently on Honeylicious HC 3.2, can I update to your ROM? Will there be any problem if I followed your installation instruction? Oh, is your ROM overclockable?

Thanks
7th January 2012, 05:37 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10507

Civato:

I am currently on Honeylicious HC 3.2, can I update to your ROM? Will there be any problem if I followed your installation instruction? Oh, is your ROM overclockable?

Thanks

Not the light version , and the regulare FLEXSTRIKER R6 is not at xda , google for it.
Can't post link to it , rules of xda.
The Following User Says Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift civato Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)