Thread Closed Email Thread
23rd July 2012, 12:52 AM |#9491  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc1706

Please upload a logcat.

Hello marc,

I have not ever created a logcat. Could you give an instruction for me to do it exactly?

Thank you!

Sent from my NexusHD2 tytung ICS v2.5 batt + soft key mod
23rd July 2012, 01:21 AM |#9492  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Thanks Meter: 2,294

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laogiacodai

Hello marc,

I have not ever created a logcat. Could you give an instruction for me to do it exactly?

You can download a free app called catlog which will let you select and save entire logs or parts of one based on process.

Or, you can use terminal to redirect log output to a file (your terminal must have superuser privileges). This example creates a text file called "catlog.txt" in your sd card's root folder (credit to Walts for the info):

Code:
su
logcat -v threadtime -f /sdcard/catlog.txt

---
Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines? (via XDA app)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NYLimited For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NYLimited Ad-Free
23rd July 2012, 02:29 AM |#9493  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytung

I don't use Mounts2SD, so you need to fix it yourself.

Thanks. I changed to use other script. It works fine with version 2.5.
23rd July 2012, 02:45 AM |#9494  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln357

Strange,I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3 and then to 2.4 with Link2sd and everything worked fine.I downgraded to 2.3 for other reasons later.I will try to upgrade from 2.3 to 2.5 with Link2sd installed and will report back.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app

It supposed to work. But it doesn't work for everybody. You are lucky.
23rd July 2012, 06:10 AM |#9495  
Thanks Meter: 259

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny_limited

Not trying to be picky here BUT... please consider that:

1. This ROM does not use the cache partition (except for recovery log files). Wiping cache via CWR does nothing at all.

2. The Dalvik is automatically wiped and rebuilt by the ROM when you update to a new version (remember that little screen where it is installing or processing your apps?) - you are wasting time and lowering the life of your solid-state memory.

I don't doubt it but if you laundered your shirt each time you upgraded and you never had a problem... well, laundering the shirt still would have nothing to do with it.

Well,I followed advices of more experienced than me...in that case,what do you suggest?No wiping,just flash to upgrade?
23rd July 2012, 06:20 AM |#9496  
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalviaLover

I am considering the option of installing this ROM to my HD2 EU device.

I currently use Dorimanx ROM ver 2.3.7 (CM 7.4.5) with a highly customized GoLauncher, a2sd (1 GB partition, 256 MB SWAP). I wouldn't want to have to reconfigure all over again so I was wondering what would be the best option to preserve my settings and apps to the new ROM. I found some mixed responses on the use of Titanium Backup. It seems that some apps would get corrupted and restoring settings and data from CM7 to CM9 using TB causes a number of errors. There are many other backup programs, but it seems that most of them are doing the same thing as TB and may fail.

Is there a good tool that was proven to work well in porting CM7 apps and settings into a CM9 ROM? What would be the best plan when doing the upgrade considering the current software details described above?

I've used a CM7 ROM very similar to tytungs, when I switched from that to tytungs CM9. I used Titanium Backup to do it and had no issues. Worked fine for me. Game scores usually get lost and maybe you'll have to do some work in other apps to get the settings back they way you want them. But you can easily check how much work that will be and if it is worth it.
Make a cwm backup of your current setup.
Make a TB backup and install tytungs ROM.
If TB doesn't restore your stuff the way you want it and it seems to be too much trouble to you, just restore the cwm backup you made and your back to your old ROM with all settings and apps.

I always make a fresh cwm backup before I do anything that might corrupt my current setup just to make sure I have an easy and fast way back. I suggest you do the same from now on. That's what backups are for after all. And since your phone or the sd card might get broken or lost, you should have a copy of that backup on your computer, so you can restore your old system to a new phone or sd card if necessary.
23rd July 2012, 07:51 AM |#9497  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kengkaj.s

Thanks. I changed to use other script. It works fine with version 2.5.

Which script?

23rd July 2012, 08:11 AM |#9498  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAtHome

Arzin - I am curious as to what about Tytung's response you did not understand?

Aside from that, why do you believe that adding or subtracting apps from an existing ROM is creating a new ROM? mm

Mark he asked me to create a flashable update so i dont know how to make one..

I know by adding or by subtracting apps i'm not gonna make a new rom and thus i told him i wanna use this rom as a base since it is an amazing one..i removed certain useless apps that i don't use daily and replaced browser with some better one..trebuchet is good but after loading a lot of apps my phone would slow down so i replaced that with adw launcher along with the phone dialer to exdialer and the rom is pretty fast with these modifications even with it being loaded with a lot of apps..

Its more like customizing it than making a new one..

23rd July 2012, 08:14 AM |#9499  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Please help, v2.5 will not boot. Flashing as an upgrade to v2.4 and full wipe. Start the system stops on a black screen with the logo of HTC. Where could be the problem? Thank

Radio: 2_15_50_14
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Bootloader: MAGLDR 1.13
Partition: 200/5
23rd July 2012, 08:19 AM |#9500  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Rocky

Please help, v2.5 will not boot. Flashing as an upgrade to v2.4 and full wipe. Start the system stops on a black screen with the logo of HTC. Where could be the problem? Thank

Check ur partition if uve flashed the right one that is 170/5. If u have bad blocks increase it to something like 200/5 and see if it boots

23rd July 2012, 08:40 AM |#9501  
Flag Delhi, India
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Rocky

H_Rocky, please describe more, is it a fresh install or install over the previous ROM? If on previous ROM, which one and what all steps are you following? Please browse previous 3 page where many people have mentioned and validated the correct way to flash it over the previous ROM.

If fresh install, what all steps are you using? Try increasing the partition a little bit say 220 and then 250 if nothing works. Try installing MAGLDR once again as Tytung has mentioned in his previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arzin

Check ur partition if uve flashed the right one that is 170/5. If u have bad blocks increase it to something like 200/5 and see if it boots

Arzin, I guess you didn't see the last line he has mentioned.

He already has 200 MB partition which is more than enough unless he has bad blocks.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.3, 4.0.4, ics cm9, nativesd, nexushd2, tytung, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread