Latest PC version: 0.2 | Latest phone version: 0.3
This is another Windows Phone Mango screenshot tool that works a bit differently from other implementation(s). It sends screenshots over the network to a PC application, so that you can instantly show your phone's screen on your monitor or projector.
- Start "WP Screenshot.exe" on your computer and make sure that port 50560 is open (or simply allow the application to access the network when Windows Firewall pops up).
- Start "WP Screenshot" on your Windows Phone device, enter the IP address of your computer (use local IP in case of running both parts on the same local network) and tap "Connect and start".
- Now, when you press any of the selected buttons, a screenshot should be sent to your PC (there you can do some neat things with it, try CTRL+H).
- When you want to stop the background worker, simply open the application again and tap "Stop".
** Current issues/limitations:
- There can be some annoying lag when there is bad WiFi coverage.
- It won't capture screens from games (XNA) and videos.
- developer unlocked Windows Phone (to deploy the application)
- .NET Framework 4 (you need this if the PC application won't start)
** New in version 0.3:
- ability to use volume buttons for taking screenshots (phone)
** New in version 0.2:
- toast notification after 5 minutes of inactivity (phone)
- autosave mode - screenshots get automatically saved into a desired folder (PC)
- ability to stretch screenshot to fit to current window size (PC)
The screen capturing part is based on "The DllImport project (by fiinix)".
I am looking forward to all the feedback and I'll do my best to fix and improve this application in the future.