Originally Posted by alucka
this solution works for me with the last rom samsung and rooted by "SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse".
it's in french, so good luck with google translate!
I can confirm this works on my I5510M from Bell Mobility. I just tried it using a TELUS sim card.
Here are the steps I took:
0. Type in dial pad *#7465625#, make sure network lock is [ON]... if not you're not simlocked
1. If phone is not rooted, download SuperOneClickv2.2-ShortFuse.zip
from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682
2. Connect the phone to your computer using, windows 7 installed the correct drivers for me
3. Once the drivers are installed, disconnect your phone
4. Open SuperOneClick
5. Reconnect your phone to the computer
6. Press Root
in SuperOneClick... wait for it to finish (may take ~2-5 min)
7. Your phone is now rooted, hooray
8. Make sure your phone is in debug mode. Settings > Applications > Developer > Debug Mode
9. Copy ADB folder from SuperOneClick folder to C:\
10. Open command prompt (start > run > cmd)
11. Type in the following commands:
cd C:/adb (navigate to the adb folder you just placed)
adb devices (to verify device is connected)
cat /dev/bml5>/sdcard/bml5.img (thats an "L" not a "one")
You just copied bml5 binary to the root of your sdcard. If you get access denied, your phone was not properly rooted, try again.
12. Mount your SDCard and copy bml5.img to your desktop
13. Download HexEdit here: http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~prewett/hexedit/
14. Open bml5.img in HexEdit
15. Press FIND, select HEX, and paste in "FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30" (without quotes), then press OK
16. It should find the hex sequence, look to the right pane of HexEdit and you'll see an 8-digit numeric code (mine was split over two lines). This is your sim unlock code. Write down this code.
17. Turn off your phone
18. Place another networks simcard in your phone, and turn your phone back on
19. After it boots, it'll say this phone is network locked, and prompt for an unlock code... type the code found in step 16
20. If it doesn't prompt type in in the dialer: #7465625*638*# then type in your code
21. It should unlock no problem
22. Double check by typing *#7465625# in the dialer and making sure Network Lock is [OFF]
Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers.