Thought I'd post this here for anyone wanting to test it out.
Bear in mind that more information regarding some of the modifications can be found on the website linked below.
Merged into ICS build so far:
- Using Sandvold's ICS 4.0.3 Beta 0.4.4.4.1 as a base (thanks to Sandvold)
- Camera preview working, video and panorama FC (thanks to rapmv78)
- Full Hardware Acceleration (thanks to Drewis)
- Tweaked minfree and vm settings for better stability
- Custom hosts file for blocking ad servers
- CM9 APN's for better network connectivity
- Your choice of PC-A2SD, A2SD, or Data2Ext (options are in the installer). Requires 1 ext3/4 partition as the second partition on your SD Card.
- GPS patch (Thanks to crypted)
- OTA updates, be sure to set your recovery type during installation (Thanks to XJ & MIUI.us)
- Automatically adjusts to fit CM7-r2 HBOOT
- Gmail with 3rd party app notification support
MIUI_Au Changelog (Since 2.3.2):
- Official Changelog here
- Updated to Sandvold 0.4.4.4.1 (fixes camera preview, multitouch)
- Upgraded lockscreen, MIUI Gallery and alarm clock, reorganised Settings menu
- Camera can be unstable
- FM Radio not included
- Contact numbers sometimes not matched properly
- USB Tethering
- Probably more
- Requires an ext3/4 partition to be the second partition on your SD Card.
- Will install on any HBOOT, and symlink system folders to /data if necessary
- Only stock HBOOT, Data++ and Sense can perform data wipe without rom reinstallation, due to system files needing to be moved for other HBOOT's.
- If you restore apps or data using Titanium or MIUI Backup, there may be problems due to changes from GB to ICS. If you do have any, restore apps one by one to find the culprit.
- Make sure you have an ext3/4 partition setup as the second partition on your sd card, otherwise you will have very little memory to use as data2ext won’t work.
- Please understand this is a very beta version, so expect errors.
- There is no FM radio, so please don’t bother complaining.
- Any errors, feel free to post but do not demand a solution.
- Flash at your own risk.
- If you experience any serious problems, we recommend you do a full wipe/factory reset then flash again.
- I will NOT be responding to any more posts about problems unless you can prove/state the following:
- You have NOT restored any apps from a backup from a GB rom.
- You have tried a full wipe/factory reset.
- You have used google to try to find the answer yourself.
- You have read the comments to see if the problem is already reported.
- You have read the entire post and followed the instructions provided.
- If the problem is related to apps FC’ing, you provide a logcat of the FATAL EXCEPTION.
- If the problem is low memory, post the output of “df” and “mount” commands in terminal.
- Do NOT ask for features/apps from MIUI GB to be included. They are when they are.
- Any other reports, unless I deem them to be reasonable, will be ignored. Take no offence, but if I don’t answer (and trust me I’m very good at answering the questions promptly unless I’m asleep) it means you haven’t done the above, so read properly and try again.
- Do NOT ask about any device other than the HTC Desire GSM.
Completely unofficial port. For more information and downloads, proceed to MIUI_Au.