- 359MB of available RAM! (Previous 360MB kernel might have problem playing some 720p)
- Working SmartAssV2 (credit: erasmux), OnDemandX (credit: imoseyon) and MinMax (credit: erasmux) CPU governors. Testing shows improved battery life.
- No more TouchWiz! Using Zeam Launcher! So light and small. Please support the developer, rate it in Market, visit his thread and thanks him.
- This ROM will create a 100MB zram. In theory, should give you more memory at the expense of CPU cycles. In my non-scientific testing, performance penalty is not noticeable. But you can disable it if you want.
- All Black theme created by friends at FB; Mohd Fazrin Daud and Ilyana Isa.
- Others features of the ROM including: internal / external sd swap, deodexed, aligned, Launcher is hard-to-kill, etc.
- The following has been removed:
AnalogClock,Dlna,DrmProvider,DrmUA,Email,EmailWidg et,GameHub,Maps,MiniDiary,Memo,MusicHub,Phonesky,P hotoRetouch,SamsungApp,
SamsunWidgetNews,SamsungWidgetStockClock,SamsungWi dgetWeatherClock,SocialHub,SisoDrmProvider,SnsAcco untFB,
SnsAccountLi,SnsAccountTw,SnsDisclaimer, SnsImageCache,SnsProvider, syncmldm.apk,syncmlds.apk,Talk,Task,VoiceSearch,ws syncmlnps.apk, buddiesnow.apk, ChocoEUKor.apk, HelvNeueLT.apk, TrimApp.apk
- If you need any of those, get it here.
- Unable to playback certain 720p in hardware acceleration mode [fixed]
- Unable to change language in Setting [fixed]
Get the ROM here:
Cow In Black: (Non-OC)
Cow In Black: (OC - 1.8ghz - what I am using in my phone )
*WARNING*: OC may break you phone! If you're not sure, use the non-oc ROM
- Now, if your phone can boot this, this is the real fun:
- Linpack score faster than SGS2! Antutu score 4457!
- The kernel adjusted to allow OC (up to 1.8ghz) but phone running at 1.4ghz by default, unless you change that using SetCPU, etc.
- Recommend to keep max at 1.4ghz. You can benefit from undervolting that will save you some battery. Adjust temporary to 1.8ghz only when you need it.
- First cROM, based on I8150DXLA2, swap internal / external, memory tweaked: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ZUOBOE0
- Second cROM (Slim Shady version), based on I8150DXLA2, swap internal / external, memory tweaked but with many many bloatware removed: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5BP4P7GP Antutu max: 4048. look what changed here). Alternate link for Slim Shady version: http://hotfile.com/dl/141564307/783c..._slim.zip.html
- Third cROM - 1.8ghz ROM based on Malaysian I8150DXLA2: http://www.multiupload.com/H8O62ZCBGY (now start at 1.4ghz) (thanks qzem)
- Using Arco68 kernel with "Interactive" governor as well. You can set it using SetCPU. Read more about CPU Governor here.
- If you prefer to set it without SetCPU, change it in /etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh
- Somehow, in my non-scientific testing, OnDemand is more stable in this OC ROM.
- *WARNING*: Dont try SmartAssV2! According to acro68, its not tuned for this phone.
- Non-OC ROM Malaysian I8150DXLA2 but with Interactive governor: http://www.multiupload.com/44TODYXXQF
- Forth cROM - 1.8ghz, 353MB ram. GPU Accelerated Video Playback. Larger SD Card cache. Disable boot up ani (faster boot up!) and many other tweaks from here (thanks KezraPlanes). CRT animation.
Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?nh5ihudrj5afmc1
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?9675rx6o71baaga
Here is how to install the ROM:
1. Root your phone.
2. Enable recovery.
3. Download the ROM you like.
4. Put the zip (1 file only) into Internal SD. If you downloaded the file in parts, you need to extract it (using 7zip) into only 1 zip.
5. Boot into ClockWorkMod / RZRecovery, backup your current ROM using nandroid (just in case).
6. If you are upgrading from my previous ROM, no need to wipe anything, just install. All your settings and app will remained. Theme will changed though.
7. If you are installing from stock or from other custom ROM, best to wipe everything using CWM, including your USB and external sd card. Reinstall everything from fresh, don't restore anything from Titanium Backup or anything.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you brick your phone I tried it, it work on my phone and a few others.
Credit: based on acro68 kernel!