FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

{root} lg optimus net p690 and p698{worked} (VIDEO ADDED)

130 posts
Thanks Meter: 275

By karandeepdps, Retired Recognized Developer on 13th January 2012, 05:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
NEW NEW NEW****** VIDEO ADDED

http://youtu.be/UPEGjBRcHJ0

Hii guys i am Kd and today i will guide you to root lg optimus net p-690

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:for recovery go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1354387
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Download Superoneclick 2.2
------------------------------------------------------------
(((((((((((((((((((((http://www.4shared.com/file/ICp5e5Fc...ShortFuse.html))))))))))))))))))))))))
----------------------------------------------------------------
After downloading extract it anywhere you please. Now go to ur system folder i.e where you have installed your OS (i.e Win xp, win 7 etc) Lets say its in the 'X' Drive. So go to X:/WINDOWS/system32/cmd.exe and copy it, now go to where you installed Superoneclick. Inside the folder there'll be a folder as "ADB" open it and paste the 'cmd.exe' you copied.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\

2. Now you need the LG ADB Drivers

Download the drivers and install it:-
-------------------------------------------
(((((((((((((((((((((www.junefabrics.com/bin2/LGDriver.exe)))))))))))))))))))))
--------------------------------------------

It is recommended that you restart after installing the drivers.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\
================================================== ================================================== ===========
================================================== ================================================== ==========

3. Connect your Device

After installing the Drivers Connect Your Optimus Net using the data cable. In your Device go to settings>Applications>Development>USB Debbuging. Check the box beside it. It will give you a warning just click OK. When you connect your Device you will see 'Turn USB storage on" option DO NOT TURN IT ON. After connecting you will see in the notification bar that "USB Debbuging On" it means you have done evrythng ok uptil now.

Now before rooting Go to settings>Storage>Unmount SD Card it will ask you if you want to unmount click OK. After it is unmounted you can begin rooting. MAKE SURE YOU UNMOUNT THE SD CARD OTHERWISE IT MAY BE COMPLETELY ERASED.

4. Now Let's Root

Now Go to the ADB folder. Remember the cmd.exe you pasted there? Click on it.

WINDOWS 7 USERS MAKE SURE BEFORE CLICKING CMD YOU RIGHT CLICK AND CLICK ON 'RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR' AND ALLOW

In the commands write the following:- [Give the exact spaces i have given OTHERWISE IT WILL NOT WORK!!]:-

adb devices (press enter)(after this command you should see your device id)
adb shell (press enter) (after this command you should see $ sign)
$ echo 1 >/data/local/lge_adb.conf (press enter)

DO NOT CLOSE THE WINDOW JUST MINIMIZE IT!!

Now go to Where you extracted Superoneclick and click on superoneclick.exe.

In the window on the Top Left hand Side of the window there will be an option 'ROOT'.
CLick on it!
it doesnot come on 3.4+
now i am rebooting my device

note:::[+] Rush did it ! It's a GG, man ![+] Killing ADB and restarting as root... enjoy!
when you get this message reboot your phone so that reboot process completes successfully

Hence, you have a rooted Optimus Net do whatever you want

Post replies and tell me if it worked

Oh and if you want to know about some cool apps for root users heres a guide:

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...ndroid-device/
for queries pm me on fb.com/karandeepdps
bye bye
it wont brick your phone and you can un root also by same method by clicking on unroot.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to karandeepdps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift karandeepdps Ad-Free

24th January 2012, 06:56 AM |#2  
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Thumbs up rooted successfully
thanks....i rooted my phone....
25th January 2012, 11:19 PM |#3  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Thumbs up Great job!!!
Successfully rooted my LG Optimus Net P690...
2nd February 2012, 10:01 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cool Can't Find a root for LG optimus Hub..
Hi.. will this method work for rooting LG Optimus Hub?.. plz reply ASAP.. thanks..
3rd February 2012, 06:34 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Will this method work on LG P940...? I tried to use SuperOneClick (on it's own) and it hangs up on Step #7:

shell rooting device: wait for device
6th February 2012, 03:53 AM |#6  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag vold.fstab
Thanks Meter: 275

More
on step 7 if your phone hang and doest restart pull out battery and reinsert and power on phone
hope it helps
10th February 2012, 06:23 PM |#7  

More
Thumbs up Worked!
I will admit I am an android n00b, in fact, this is my first droid and only 3 weeks out of the packaging and I STILL managed to root it. A great DIY post. Works like a charm....

... and now I will try to figure the rest of this root business out.
24th February 2012, 02:18 PM |#8  
Flag Hanoi Capital - VietNam

More
Unhappy
Please help me, I tried to install LG Driver but after installing successful, I check in Device manager but don't found LG driver.
So it's still ok ? Can I continue to Root or not ?
If not pls upload Driver for me +__+, thanks very much
P/s: Bcs I'm a girl, so I don't know much about Android, so pls help me bro
26th February 2012, 02:56 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Like ChickenCanFly, I am having problems with device manger recognizing the device and it return allowing ADB to display the device. I have tried the LG driver from above, and also the drivers provided from LG's website with no success. I tried on two different Windows 7 (32bit), Win Server 08 R2 (64bit) and Windows XP Pro (32bit) with no positive outcome. It seems that I can not get this phone to be recognized by any version of Windows. Any help would be appreciated.
26th February 2012, 04:09 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Wink LG Optimus Net Driver Fix if Problem
Problem fixed!

For those having issues with the driver working, go to the official LG page here:
http://goo.gl/zx3ZY

Download LG Mobile Support Tool

Once Installed, choose "Install USB Driver"

Then choose the model number of your phone. (Can be found by pulling the battery and looking on the info panel)

Install and then go through your rooting method.

Hope this helps someone else!
The Following User Says Thank You to `mods For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift `mods Ad-Free
26th February 2012, 09:50 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
How to unroot, just incase I need to. Thinking of rooting my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)