FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

JXD S7100 Android Gaming Tablet

81 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By candre23, Member on 14th January 2012, 12:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
There has been a little conversation about this new device in the Yinlips G18 thread, but I thought it deserved it's own space.

Specs:
CPU: 800MHz ARM Cortex A9 (single-core) + Mali 400 GPU
RAM: 512MB DDR2
Storage: 8GB internal (6.25GB available to the user) + microSD slot
Display: 7" 800x480 touch screen
OS: Google Android 2.2 (with some launcher modifications)
Connectivity: WiFi 802.11b/g/n + miniUSB with OTG capability (adapter included)
Included emulators: Arcade games, Nintendo 64 games, Sony PS1 games, Nintendo GBA games, Sega MD games
Camera: Dual Camera (Front: 0.3M pixels, Back: 2.0M pixels)
On line video: Supports Flash (Youtube, TED mobile, BBC news etc)
TV out: mini-HIMI output
Accelerometer: Yes
Audio: Stereo speakers + headphone jack
Dimensions: 238.5x121.7x12.35mm - 16.0oz
Manufacturer's product page

Rooting / Google Market install instructions (thanks jutley)

Firmware update/restore instructions - Note that the S7100 is available in either a resistive or (slightly more expensive) capacitive touchscreen version. The ROMs for these two versions are not intercompatible. Make sure you get the correct update. (thanks blokenfeffer)

Starfox 64 demo:
[YOUTUBE]dK2ZsBP_UB0[/YOUTUBE]

More information will be added as it becomes available.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candre23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift candre23 Ad-Free

14th January 2012, 02:03 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quick walkthrough on how to replace the stock emulators on the S7100.

Disclaimer as usual: everything here is at your OWN RISK.

I'll be using Gensoid as an example, as this emulator refused to launch for me out of the box.

Requirements:
  1. Rooted S7100.
  2. File explorer with root permissions.
  3. Gensoid replacement.

1) Once your device is rooted, you'll need to grab a file explorer. The explorer I use is ES File Explorer.

2) Download Gensoid. For this example, place this on the root of your SD card. As long as you can find this file in ES Explorer, it doesn't really matter where you put it.

Instructions:

Launch ES File Explorer, press the menu button and change the following options:
  • Change Home Directory to /
  • Check Root Explorer to enabled
  • Check Mount File System to enabled

Back out of the settings and navigate to the following directory:
/system/app
Long press on Gnes4droid.apk and rename it to Gnes4droid.apkbak

Navigate to /system/libs/ and rename the folder Gnes4droid to Gnes4droidbak

Now power off the S7100 and power it back up again, if you do not power off installation in the next step will fail.

Launch ES File Explorer again and find the APK for Gensoid that you downloaded previously and press it. It should now offer to install the application, follow the on screen steps and you should have successfully replaced the preloaded version of Gensoid.

Any games you have should still autmoatically launch from the Game Center icons and the MD lists, but adds the advantage of having a launcher icon for the emulator itself, should you wish to customise your device with another launcher.

This should work for any preloaded emulator that you wish to replace with a previous version. Do NOT delete the other emulators just incase you want to revert.

If you have any issues, you can always undo the renaming operations above.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blokenfeffer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blokenfeffer Ad-Free
21st January 2012, 07:57 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I ordered one of these things a few weeks ago, and finally got it in the mail, but it doesn't boot; it sits at a blank white screen. Any thoughts?
22nd January 2012, 04:39 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsigma

I ordered one of these things a few weeks ago, and finally got it in the mail, but it doesn't boot; it sits at a blank white screen. Any thoughts?

Tried booting into recovery and loading factory defaults? I read about someone who had a similar issue.
Which website did you buy it from?

If factory defaults don't work you could also try downloading f/w above and reloading it.

To get into recovery (courtesy of Jutleys via apad forum):
Press and hold the Menu button, keep the Menu button pressed and now press the Power on button. The "upgrading please wait" message will be displayed.The menu will be displayed. Use the Volume + and - buttons to navigate the menu options.From the menu you can perform the following functions:Wipe data/factory reset.Yes-delete all user data.Wipe cache partition.Wipe media storage partition.Apply SD-card update.zip.
From the menu choose "Apply SD-card update.zip" select the option using the Back button. Wait while the tablet reflashes. Ensure the battery is fully charged or the power cable is connected before starting the reflash process. After the reflash is complete. Press the Back button to reboot the tablet.
22nd January 2012, 12:30 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I just ordered one of these. Sounds perfect since I am delevoping games for Android, and this is a mix of everything Android it seems.

I got just about all Emulators for Android, so I hope to test how well they will work on this. Amiga, C64, almost all Segas, most Nintendo, DosBox and Playstation 1. I just worry that it might be too low quality and won't work at all.
22nd January 2012, 01:17 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsigma

Just posted a reply to you over on apad forums. It's probably not a software issue, but I've posted a screenshot on that thread to see if you can get some sound out of the machine.
The Following User Says Thank You to blokenfeffer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blokenfeffer Ad-Free
22nd January 2012, 10:33 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
JXD S7100 ADW Launcher & Custom icons
Just got mine a couple days ago...
First thing i did was root, install market, and got rid of that horrible launcher it comes with, replaced it with ADW, and i also made a few custom icons for games and emulators, still working on more. Heres a pic
23rd January 2012, 10:08 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayProductions

First thing i did was root, install market, and got rid of that horrible launcher it comes with, replaced it with ADW, and i also made a few custom icons for games and emulators, still working on more.

When u say u got rid of the launcher, can u completely remove it or just use adw instead?
Reason bring is I installed go launcher but the original still resides.
Also do u know how to get rid if the Chinese market and crap? I replaced some default emulators with new versions by renaming originals in system/app folder but can't see anything fire the Chinese stuff.
23rd January 2012, 01:42 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I did not completely remove it but I beleive you can use titanium backup, I used it to remove all the Chinese apps and everything else I didn't need

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App
23rd January 2012, 11:53 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozz9192

When u say u got rid of the launcher, can u completely remove it or just use adw instead?
Reason bring is I installed go launcher but the original still resides.
Also do u know how to get rid if the Chinese market and crap? I replaced some default emulators with new versions by renaming originals in system/app folder but can't see anything fire the Chinese stuff.

Wouldn't be wise to remove their launcher entirely. If you use an alternative launcher though, you can set it as the default launcher which effectively does the same thing anyway.

Settings > applications > all > launcher > clear defaults on "Launch by default".

Next time you press HOME, it will ask you which app to use as your default launcher, set it to Go Launcher and it'll be the default launcher from boot.

To reverse this if you have any issues, repeat the steps above and select Go Launcher to clear defaults, instead of launcher.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayProductions

First thing i did was root, install market, and got rid of that horrible launcher it comes with, replaced it with ADW, and i also made a few custom icons for games and emulators, still working on more. Heres a pic

Nice looking homescreen, you should post up any other changes you make
30th January 2012, 04:45 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
JXD s7100 Bluetooth Support?
Does anyone know if this device supports Bluetooth? I read on another forum that there is a firmware upgrade for the resistive screen model that has Bluetooth in the caption. If the device does have Bluetooth, does this mean it's only in the resistive screen model? Maybe only later releases of the device received the Bluetooth capability (resistive and capacitive)? Thanks for any information.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gaming, jxd, s7100

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)