FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fried battery?

4,660 posts
Thanks Meter: 885

By delsus, Senior Member on 14th January 2012, 11:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was using a wifi tether on my phone running PCForce's CM7 and my phone restarted (it was connected to my PC via USB) and when it came back on it said "Charging 0%" and whenever I unplug it it switches off, never seen this before but it seems, to me, like the battery has been fried anyone think the same.

I also have a spare battery that works fine, which also tells me that it is some problem with the battery, and running a wifi tether can heat things up a bit which brought me to that conclusion.

Anyone wanna throw any ideas on if its possible to fix it, I am now using the battery that came with the phone but it has a crack near the contacts which doesn't fill me with confidence.

15th January 2012, 12:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 596

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsus

I was using a wifi tether on my phone running PCForce's CM7 and my phone restarted (it was connected to my PC via USB) and when it came back on it said "Charging 0%" and whenever I unplug it it switches off, never seen this before but it seems, to me, like the battery has been fried anyone think the same.

I also have a spare battery that works fine, which also tells me that it is some problem with the battery, and running a wifi tether can heat things up a bit which brought me to that conclusion.

Anyone wanna throw any ideas on if its possible to fix it, I am now using the battery that came with the phone but it has a crack near the contacts which doesn't fill me with confidence.

try with 600 mHz it solved the problem for me
15th January 2012, 06:44 PM |#3  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 84

More
With mobile data and Wifi tethering enabled, my phone can get up to 52 degrees celsius in some cases without charging. I usually turn the phone off and take out the battery for a few minutes for it to cool down. I guess a temperature that high is caused by overclocking. I'm not sure if its damaging or not but I do prevent progression of operations in that temperature.

I also have a crack on the battery. Had it for a few months now and no problems so far
How 'cracked' is it?
15th January 2012, 11:17 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonnyx1000

With mobile data and Wifi tethering enabled, my phone can get up to 52 degrees celsius in some cases without charging. I usually turn the phone off and take out the battery for a few minutes for it to cool down. I guess a temperature that high is caused by overclocking. I'm not sure if its damaging or not but I do prevent progression of operations in that temperature.

I also have a crack on the battery. Had it for a few months now and no problems so far
How 'cracked' is it?

Its only about half a centemeter long, and it only seems to be affecting the case, but got a replacement last year (was the repacement that got fried)

Havent tried it with andreas's advice yet but I will
16th January 2012, 06:22 PM |#5  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:

Its only about half a centemeter long, and it only seems to be affecting the case, but got a replacement last year (was the repacement that got fried)

Havent tried it with andreas's advice yet but I will

I don't think the crack will be that much of a problem. If you want, you could take it to someone experienced just to be sure.
16th January 2012, 09:48 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonnyx1000

I don't think the crack will be that much of a problem. If you want, you could take it to someone experienced just to be sure.

It shouldnt, but I like to be sure lol.

Also setting to 600MHz didn't help, guess i'm stuck with my stock one for now.
20th January 2012, 12:21 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 150

More
wow, good job. Yep, mine charges up to 100% before the crack. After that battery hardly charges up to 97-98%.
21st January 2012, 11:01 PM |#8  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 388

More
I have crack to, but battery go to 100. Btw, i glue mine with tape.

Sent using Tt.
14th March 2012, 10:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
my battery didnt passed 99% but i do wipe battey and solved the problem
28th March 2012, 05:56 AM |#10  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

I have 4 gt540 and all the batteries cracked the same way also another lg phone w550 cracked the same way this batteries with the hard plastic sucks all of them crack cause the cheap plastic cover

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium
29th March 2012, 09:53 AM |#11  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 2,009

More
wow 4 gt540s? O_O lol i left mine to charge over night at 40% and in the morning its 30% O_O the phone shows that it dint charge at all WTF but im sure it was before i turned in for the night >_> after that the batt levels jumped around the whole day before dying during school (damn) now im at home charging the phone and i think it has problems again... not chargers fault my bro just used it...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)