Tutorial: LG P970 (P970H) unbrick/flash using SmartFlash Tool

Search This thread

radkor

May 9, 2006
Warsaw
I NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS THREAD ANYMORE. IF YOU WANT TO HIJACK THIS THREAD CONTACT ME.

SmartFlash Tool completly erases device memory during flashing.
Phone will make Factory Reset at first boot after flashing!
You can upgrade and downgrade. You can downgrade from V20N too!

This also will remove phone lock if you forget unlock code or pattern. (phone lock, NOT simlock or network lock...)

This method doesn't need internet connection. :)
If you want to flash an LG P970H download correct ROM from link below.

With this solution you can unbrick LG Optimus Black P970.
It fixes bootloop, "ERROR LG Security Team", and BSOD - blue screen with green writings (untested).

Only requirement is ability to enter in to S/W Update mode and not broken hardware.

Tested on: Windows 7 Ultimate x86, x64 and Windows XP Pro SP3.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads:
- SmartFlash Tool (mirror) [password: radkor@XDA]
- stock ROM V10A EEU XXX with .bin & .fls. [CRC MD5: d880b8834400575b5827bafbf29a745e] - DepositFiles, FileServe, WUpload.

Other bin/fls ROMs are HERE. (All these links are working again!)

You need to install LG Mobile drivers. They are located HERE. [CRC MD5: e4614071e72c0292d3a8238908b5c7ba]

1. Unpack SFT.rar that contains SmartFlash Tool program.

2. Unpack, preffered C: drive, firmware pack BIN_LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011_0.zip
Inside there will be 2 files: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_AP.bin i LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_CP.fls.

3. Run B_SmartFlashTool_Extern.exe

4. Choose:
1) ROM copy D/L bookmark
2) in Select mode choose Normal mode
3) choose CP file: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_CP.fls
4) choose AP file: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_AP.bin
*) connect phone in S/W Update mode with battery in it (on the phone that is switched off, plug in USB cable WHILE HOLDING Vol+ button)
5) choose COM port.
6) choose LGE Mobile USB Serial Port in Communication Driver
7) click Start and wait till end.
It takes about 3 mins to flash.

After successfully flashing, phone will reboot and make Factory Reset.
And that's all! :)

Settings:
iowx3.png

Flashing:
sf2r.png

Finished:
sf3.png

Now your phone should be unbricked and working.

I will not take any responsibility if something goes wrong when you trying this solution. For me and many others it worked well.

Last edited:

gabwerkz

Aug 16, 2011
Three Stars and a Sun
AFAIK it's the safest & quickiest solution for flashing Black.
Now we only need newest firwares in bin/fls format, eg. V20N. Didn't find that yet.

Yeah, I used this one when I had BSOD way back. And I hope there'd be more. What I'd like to know is are they extracted or came from source? The method how to extract is interesting if they are.

radkor

May 9, 2006
Warsaw
I think that these firmwares "leaked" from LG or were downloaded from their servers.
I will ask the guy who posted these files.

I've downloaded all these firmwares on my HDD as a backup if hosting delete this.
It has approx 20GB. :eek:

Last edited:

fongnd

Mar 30, 2007
Toronto
Hello all expert,

Newbie here and want to be safe in uncharted territory on flashing my phone, never done it before.

Does the "COM Port" matter, how do we know which port# to use.

Thanks,

Redpik

Jan 12, 2011
Bucharest
COM port is automatically assigned when usb is connected. I know in smart flasher, if you select lge mobile usb only one port will be available.

Reactions: fongnd

fongnd

Mar 30, 2007
Toronto
COM port is automatically assigned when usb is connected. I know in smart flasher, if you select lge mobile usb only one port will be available.
Redpik,

Thanks for your quick reply, really appreciated.

Can we use this tool to install the cook rom REDY2006 put together V20N ROOTED.

I have V20N installed, unfortunately cannot get it to root. Thinking of installing REDY's rom.

fongnd

Mar 30, 2007
Toronto
You guys has been awesome and informative.

My ultimate gold is to have V20N rooted. Need to get rid of all the bloatware.

I have the German V20N installed and could feel the efficiency in terms with responsiveness and battery compare to my previous V10D

Now.... to get to REDY's cook rom V20N that are rooted.

Do I use this tool to downgrade to my previous stock Rom V10D and have it rooted and install Rom Manager, then use the Recovery menu to install Redy's Rom

do I need to do any wipe before installing Redy's Rom

thank you guys!!

PS: All of these may be boring to the experts, but are very critical to beginners like me.

radkor

May 9, 2006
Warsaw
Do I use this tool to downgrade to my previous stock Rom V10D and have it rooted and install Rom Manager, then use the Recovery menu to install Redy's Rom
Exactly. You can even use V10A provided in this tutorial or download yours V10D from list that I linked at the top.
do I need to do any wipe before installing Redy's Rom
When you'll be rooted on V10x, run CWM, make full wipe (data, cache, (advanced) dalvik cache), and then install Redy's zipped ROM.

Reactions: fongnd

fongnd

Mar 30, 2007
Toronto
Flashing to a stock room, will unlock the phone to any operator?

Nope.

Flashing, Rooting and Unlock-Phone are totally different things.

If your phone is locked to a operator, you need to enter the secret menu by pressing 3845#*970# then enter a unlock code from one of the sub-menu. The code above is assuming that your phone is a Optimus Black P970.

Reactions: pritrixda

radkor

May 9, 2006
Warsaw
Reactions: pritrixda

Ekkkke

Jan 17, 2012
HI radkor,

thanks for this tutorial. It is indeed way faster than KDZU or RD. However it doesn't work on my phone. Tried several times (KDZU and RD do not work either).

Phone gets in s/w mode. Tool starts to flash. Shows no errors and phone restarts. Yet it stucks with LG Logo and buttons flashing. Stays like this for hours. I tried several times and also used KDZU and RD with several KDZ-Versions and changing options.

It is strange to me that all the programs tell me that the phone is flashed and the phone restarts, but still gets stuck with LG Logo.

Have you seen this? Or should the Tool definitely work?

THX
Ekkkke

radkor

May 9, 2006
Warsaw
@Ekkkke:
This flashing tool works if phone is 100% hardware OK.
Maybe your phone hardware is faulty...
Did phone made a Factory Reset after flashing while rebooting?
Why it is bricked? You tried to flash wrong firmware or what?

Ekkkke

Jan 17, 2012
thanks for answering! I rooted the phone once but I did not flash anything. Made one official upgrade a few weeks ago. Then I turned off the phone a few days ago. Now it doesn't start. Always gets stuck with LG Logo and buttons flashing.

When using the tool to flash it the S/W screen disappears, phone seems to reboot but gets stuck again with LG Logo. The tool tells me that everything is complete. How can I see if it makes a factory reset?

Probably you are right and the hardware is broken. I may use the LG Tool to flash official V20N with recovers (that program as well tells me everything went right). Then I probably send it to LG.

This Forum was my last hope. Thanks for helping! And the tool is great and fast anyway!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS THREAD ANYMORE. IF YOU WANT TO HIJACK THIS THREAD CONTACT ME.

SmartFlash Tool completly erases device memory during flashing.
    Phone will make Factory Reset at first boot after flashing!
    You can upgrade and downgrade. You can downgrade from V20N too!

This also will remove phone lock if you forget unlock code or pattern. (phone lock, NOT simlock or network lock...)

This method doesn't need internet connection. :)
    If you want to flash an LG P970H download correct ROM from link below.

With this solution you can unbrick LG Optimus Black P970.
    It fixes bootloop, "ERROR LG Security Team", and BSOD - blue screen with green writings (untested).

Only requirement is ability to enter in to S/W Update mode and not broken hardware.

Tested on: Windows 7 Ultimate x86, x64 and Windows XP Pro SP3.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads:
    - SmartFlash Tool (mirror) [password: radkor@XDA]
    - stock ROM V10A EEU XXX with .bin & .fls. [CRC MD5: d880b8834400575b5827bafbf29a745e] - DepositFiles, FileServe, WUpload.

Other bin/fls ROMs are HERE. (All these links are working again!)

You need to install LG Mobile drivers. They are located HERE. [CRC MD5: e4614071e72c0292d3a8238908b5c7ba]

1. Unpack SFT.rar that contains SmartFlash Tool program.

2. Unpack, preffered C: drive, firmware pack BIN_LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011_0.zip
    Inside there will be 2 files: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_AP.bin i LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_CP.fls.

3. Run B_SmartFlashTool_Extern.exe

4. Choose:
    1) ROM copy D/L bookmark
    2) in Select mode choose Normal mode
    3) choose CP file: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_CP.fls
    4) choose AP file: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_AP.bin
    *) connect phone in S/W Update mode with battery in it (on the phone that is switched off, plug in USB cable WHILE HOLDING Vol+ button)
    5) choose COM port.
    6) choose LGE Mobile USB Serial Port in Communication Driver
    7) click Start and wait till end.
    It takes about 3 mins to flash.

After successfully flashing, phone will reboot and make Factory Reset.
    And that's all! :)

Settings:
    iowx3.png

Flashing:
    sf2r.png

Finished:
    sf3.png

Now your phone should be unbricked and working.

I will not take any responsibility if something goes wrong when you trying this solution. For me and many others it worked well.
    And link for v10a .bin

https://mega.co.nz/#!4ggQiSJB!KzO_T0_HML_qSTsOWPVDNbhatM1OBv6FS1BH-RmIy18

Only press tnx;) and tnx radkor

Sent from my LG-F320S using Tapatalk
    To add, it is a fast flasher compared to RDTT. :)
    Exactly! It takes only 3 minutes to flash. :)