I ****ed up my phone

Search This thread

vilhjalmr

Jan 16, 2012
Vancouver
I tried rooting it, It ****ed up Then i tried restoring gingerbread via odin it sat there for 2-3 hours stuck on file so i unplugged it ( dumb idea ) now when ever i turn on my phone i get sent to android system recovery <3e> and when i click wipe data / factory reset nothing happens. and when i press the volume down button it doesn't take me to the download screen it just takes me here. Why must i be so retarded.

cash2387

Dec 2, 2010
Halifax
Sometimes you might be able to get into Download Mode if you do the following.

1) Remove Media Card, SIM and Battery
2) Have Odin up and running
3) Plug in the USB cable
4) While holding volume down plug in the battery

This might get you into Download Mode. I did this myself and ended up sending it back to Samsung in the end.

I then bought a JIG from MobileTechVideos and thats by "oops" backup now. If those steps dont work to get into Download Mode I'd say go get a JIG

sfd0124

Feb 25, 2011
Do you know for certain the driver is installed and works/worked at one time? Did you ever transfer files from pc to phone in usb mode?

M

mentose457

Do you have a verizon fascinate?

Are you able to get into download mode?

Have you tried heimdall?

Im waiting for FedEx to get here with my GNex... If you want to chat via google talk we can try to get it running again. Send me a pm if interested.

mellen_hed

Mar 31, 2011
That or if you're willing to wait a couple days, order a USB jig off of eBay. The wait will suck, but it beats buying a new phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

jmac9

Feb 1, 2011
Omaha, NE
I tried rooting it, It ****ed up Then i tried restoring gingerbread via odin it sat there for 2-3 hours stuck on file so i unplugged it ( dumb idea ) now when ever i turn on my phone i get sent to android system recovery <3e> and when i click wipe data / factory reset nothing happens. and when i press the volume down button it doesn't take me to the download screen it just takes me here. Why must i be so retarded.

I've unplugged my phone many times during ODIN when it just hangs....not a deal breaker or phone bricker in anyway. The key is to get to download mode.

Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1349895 and get the full gb version and the atlas pit file.

Make sure your drivers are current. Take battery out. Plug USB into phone first, then computer, then hold down volume rocker to get into Download mode.

Open Odin, put the pit file in Pit section, the GB file in the PDA section and hit Start.

vilhjalmr

Jan 16, 2012
Vancouver
I've unplugged my phone many times during ODIN when it just hangs....not a deal breaker or phone bricker in anyway. The key is to get to download mode.

Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1349895 and get the full gb version and the atlas pit file.

Make sure your drivers are current. Take battery out. Plug USB into phone first, then computer, then hold down volume rocker to get into Download mode.

Open Odin, put the pit file in Pit section, the GB file in the PDA section and hit Start.

Thanks for the replies I really appreciate it, I cannot get into download mode as when i press the volume down it just goes to android system recovery and no where else so I bought a jigg, hopefully It comes soon :)

vilhjalmr

Jan 16, 2012
Vancouver
Alright so I got my jig and my new charger + battery's but it's still sitting on the same part where it got bricked before on odin it just says

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CI500_VZW_EH03_GB_CM.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> param.lfs
<ID:0/003> Sbl.bin
<ID:0/003> boot.bin
<ID:0/003> recovery.bin
<ID:0/003> zImage
<ID:0/003> factoryfs.rfs
<ID:0/003> dbdata.rfs
<ID:0/003> cache.rfs
<ID:0/003> movinand.bin
<ID:0/003> modem.bin

and it's been at that mode.bin for about 40 minutes now... and when this happened last time the battery fell out of the back and that's how it got bricked... should it be taking this long?

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
Which Odin files are you using? Some GB Odin tars don't have everything you need to restore from some bricks. Get a Verizon version. Plus it sounds like your using phone instead of PDA. I've done out beefier and had similar symptoms.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

vilhjalmr

Jan 16, 2012
Vancouver
Which Odin files are you using? Some GB Odin tars don't have everything you need to restore from some bricks. Get a Verizon version. Plus it sounds like your using phone instead of PDA. I've done out beefier and had similar symptoms.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1238070&page=1

I'm using the GB files from there and i am doing PDA. i've left it for like 4 hours now So i'm just going to try installing VIA sd card.

vilhjalmr

Jan 16, 2012
Vancouver
Try the ed05 ROM found here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1124391

Also use the pit found there. This always gets me it when things go bad.

If that doesn't work you might be screwed.

I am installing this now and for the past 15 mins it's been stuck at movinand.bin i'll let it sit there for an hour before I install via sd card, Keep in mind I'm not using the verizon fascinate I'm using the telus fascinate 3g+ which is the SGH-T959D

vilhjalmr

Jan 16, 2012
Vancouver
well now my phone boots up if i try to go to download mode it goes to the system recovery mode how ever if i let it try to start normally it boots up and just sits on a verizon wireless logo for ever