FORUMS

Light Sensor Not Working!!

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By dragz12, Junior Member on 17th January 2012, 05:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Good day to all Galaxy W, I've just notice when I installed AndroSensor that the light sensor of the galaxy w is not working, I've found similar threads that also discuss this problem and i think its more appropriate to post this issue in our forums section....
Some say's that it's a driver problem.. Any Help in fixing this problem will greatly improve the experience of using our galaxy W... by the way here's the thread that I've been talking about http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1360881
by the way i'm very new in forums so please excuse me for being noob here..
17th January 2012, 06:24 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragz12

Any Help in fixing this problem will greatly improve the experience of using our galaxy W...

I don't believe that it will "greatly improve" our experience, it is such an unnoticeable feature. I don't think it has ever worked, and I've to say, I don't think anyone even realises.

BUT, I'm sure Samsung will fix it with an update one day!
17th January 2012, 06:30 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Venice
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragz12

Good day to all Galaxy W, I've just notice when I installed AndroSensor that the light sensor of the galaxy w is not working, I've found similar threads that also discuss this problem and i think its more appropriate to post this issue in our forums section....
Some say's that it's a driver problem.. Any Help in fixing this problem will greatly improve the experience of using our galaxy W... by the way here's the thread that I've been talking about http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1360881
by the way i'm very new in forums so please excuse me for being noob here..

Galaxy Wonder does NOT have a light sensor. It is detected wrong. It was supposed to be there in development stage, but later they decided to drop it. Unfortunately some manuals still say it is in the phone, but there isn't any.
17th January 2012, 07:07 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fender90

Galaxy Wonder does NOT have a light sensor. It is detected wrong. It was supposed to be there in development stage, but later they decided to drop it. Unfortunately some manuals still say it is in the phone, but there isn't any.

I thought it had the Sharp GP2A Ambient Light Sensor?

Which I _think_ is the same sensor used for proximity.
17th January 2012, 08:52 PM |#5  
THE-E's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 710
 
More
The Galaxy should have a light sensor. I asked Samsung and they responded saying, it definately has a light sensor. Also the number of sensors would be to many. Check yourself.

greets

THE-E
17th January 2012, 09:12 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 937
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fender90

Galaxy Wonder does NOT have a light sensor. It is detected wrong. It was supposed to be there in development stage, but later they decided to drop it. Unfortunately some manuals still say it is in the phone, but there isn't any.

There you are wrong. It has a light sensor and this sensor also worked in my SGW till the update from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6. The new firmware disabled it totally but it was working for sure, just not like it should.

The screen was dimmend when the sensor was covered but the brightness didn´t come back to the preset value. I managed to disable it by enabling it in the Quick Settings App and to enable it by doing the opposite in this Application.

So now it´s not working at all and I don´t care about.
17th January 2012, 09:27 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Venice
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
I read an explanation that showed clearly that it didn't have any light sensor. Unfortunately it's in Italian, but for those who can understand it, here it is:

http://www.androidworld.it/forum/sam...ompleto-34539/

To sum up what it says, we have a http://www.sharpsme.com/optoelectron...s/GP2AP002S00F proximity sensor. 2 versions of this sensor exist, one with the light sensor, and one without it. We have the one without.

Some apps detect it as a light sensor because those 2 use the same drivers, but one lacks the light sensor while still having the proximity one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fender90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fender90 Ad-Free
17th January 2012, 11:27 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Looks like fender90's Italian friends have done good work researching our device sensors.

I was on the right track with the Sharp sensor, and happy to have it clarified for us conclusively.

SGW has no light sensor. I don't see that as a problem though

Thanks for that fender90
18th January 2012, 02:56 AM |#9  
THE-E's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 710
 
More
Strange this is what our Samsung support in Germany replied:

Quote:

Sehr geehrter Herr XXXX,

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Im Samsung Galaxy W ist ein Lichtsensor eingebaut.

Bei weiteren Fragen können Sie uns gern kontaktieren.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Schwalbach
i.A. Sara Kamps

It says: "A light sensor is installed in the SGW"

So who is right ?

Besides that, what are the senors in the front ?
Two sensor for proximity ?

greets

THE-E
18th January 2012, 01:47 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I thinks the sgw has a light sensor 2 apps already saying that it has a light sensor.. and i really wish that samsung could fix it in the near future ^_^
18th January 2012, 01:53 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Venice
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragz12

I thinks the sgw has a light sensor 2 apps already saying that it has a light sensor.. and i really wish that samsung could fix it in the near future ^_^

Read my post, it explains why apps detect a light sensor :P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes