A few months ago i used to have a SGS i9000T and there were some really good init.d Scripts done by user Pikachu01 and Zacharias.Maladroid (Ref: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1296927.
I've modded 2 of the scripts to work in our Beloved Arc's to give us a nicer experience plus saving some battery while doing so.
What Scripts are we talking about?
- Screen State Scaling
Screen State Scaling Script:
This script basically tells the phone what CPU Governor use while the screen is on either ON state or OFF state. So you can now choose two different governors to rule your phone when you're using it and when you're not.
I've added a simple list of available governors (Conservative, ondemand, interactive, interactiveX, smartass, smartassV2) and you can choose which ones to use while the screen is "Awake" and when it is "Sleeping".
The script also provides some tweaks to each governor to make it more aggressive in the case of ondemand and SmartassV2 and also to make more battery saving for conservative.
This script will provide a better and faster zipalign of ALL System Apps at boot which will definetely improve the RAM Usage of those apps.
What we need?
- DoomKernel V17 (Stock also works but not all governors are avaliable)
- Any Root Application in case you want to modify the script
- First of All do a Backup throug Recovery in case anything breaks!
- Download and Put Jimbo's Teawks.zip in the Sdcard
- Install Zip from SDcard through Recovery
- Wipe both Cache and Dalvik Cache right after the flashing of the zip file.
I've installed the Script, now What?
Congratulations you now have your system Apps Zipaligned at boot which will definetely improve them and also you now have two governors for each screen state, one while it's ON and one while it's OFF.
You've also gained some UI Tweaks done to the build.prop (Most of them are already known and applied).
- I'm not responsible by any damage (which is almost impossible to happen) occured to your phone.
- Default Governors are: Screen On ="SmartassV2" & Screen OFF ="Conservative"
- CPU Freq While Screen is ON = Max:1209600 Min:134400
- CPU Freq While Screen is OFF = Max:460800 Min:134400
- The script Also includes a "renice" for some system apks just like "lpysmooth" script
I don't like the default governors you've set, how do i change them?
Simple, using Root Explorer go to system/etc/init.d and open S98screenstate_scaling. Here navigate to the line where it says: "Selection of Awake Governors:" and delete the # symbol of the desired "governor". If the governor you like is not on the list please add the exact name in between of " " and do not put a # at the beginning of it. By Any Reason leave two Governors Uncomented or without a #.
The same procedure should apply for the Sleep Governor.