Remove All Ads from XDA

New Firmware over Kies LA4 Findings / Fixes / Bugs

1,964 posts
Thanks Meter: 411

By zkyevolved, Senior Member on 18th January 2012, 07:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

I just checked it today hehe.

Information (I'll update as I find out more information):

ROM type: It's not a wipe rom as I installed over KIES. It left all my data as it was.

Install time: pretty fast, like any other ROM.

Speed of the phone: This build is FAST. I haven't had one slow down yet! For example, in whatsapp I've always had it load up and for every contact I have a picture. In my last build, I could see the list come up, but then every contact picture would load (and it took less than a second, but I could see the process go from no picture --> loading one by one, very quickly). Now they're all loaded instantly. No waiting. Applications start VERY fast, but I guess there is still some slowdown. Unlocking my phone is even faster than before. I believe the distance you have to drag (or maybe speed in which to move) has been reduced in turn reducing time to unlock.

Lag: OK. There's still some lag here and there. Overall I feel like it's faster. Hopefully more ROMs in the future will fix this.

Touch screen sensitivity:I find the screen sensitivity just fine. Very sensitive to be honest.

Battery life:will update after more usage

Update about battery life:
[Day 1 Statistics]

I had Endomondo on for an hour with GPS tracking / 3G / bluetooth wireless headset for music (55 minutes to be exact). A couple of phone calls as well for a total of maybe 35 minutes of phone calls (all over 3G). Wifi was on most of the day, as you can see. I've never had "awake time" this high before without having the screen on. I found that strange. I'll do a battery pull now, and hit the sack!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zkyevolved For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zkyevolved Ad-Free

18th January 2012, 07:46 AM |#2  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved

Any impressions after the installation?

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000
18th January 2012, 07:48 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman1

Any impressions after the installation?

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000

Well, I'll get back to you in a few hours. I'm still playing ^^
18th January 2012, 07:50 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Can you check please if DBT and this La3 has Latvian (latviesu) language as keyboard input or even system language? Dont care about dictionary word prediction. Thinking about switching to DBT csc so i can install newer OS, Latvia latest update is KKA and KK5

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
18th January 2012, 08:17 AM |#5  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved

Is it a wipe ROM?
18th January 2012, 08:20 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by venki5star

Is it a wipe ROM?

I installed over KIES, so no. Everything on my phone was left the same.
18th January 2012, 08:26 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by valtersboze

Can you check please if DBT and this La3 has Latvian (latviesu) language as keyboard input or even system language? Dont care about dictionary word prediction. Thinking about switching to DBT csc so i can install newer OS, Latvia latest update is KKA and KK5

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

I hope these help you decide

Input language is for the default samsung keyboard

Locale is the OS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120118-092419.jpg
Views:	951
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	861982   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120118-092441.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	861983  
18th January 2012, 08:55 AM |#8  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 334

More
dbt = version built for debitel, that means it's provider specific to some extent
18th January 2012, 08:58 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Wtb OTA 5.5 hours till shift is off and 1.5 till i am home i can't handle it omg this pressure get me a OTA now or i will kill someone

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
18th January 2012, 09:34 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Something wrong with the keyboard. I use the T9 keyboard in portrait mode and now when it auto selects the next word, it does not get deleted if I type a new one.
Before it would show the word but if I pressed anything other than SPACE, the word would be replaced with the new one I am typing. Now it stays and my new word gets tacked on the end!!

I just changed to the qwerty keyboard and it seems to be related to the predict next word option. I have now disabled this for the present time. Rats!

Dave...
18th January 2012, 10:27 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
which country is my phone from? CSC and PDA seems inconsistent to me and I am starting to suspect that is the problem behind the lack of OTA's for me or updates from KIES.

PDA:KK9 / PHONE:KK5 / CSC: KK2 (DAM)

Any ideas? and if something is wrong, which firmware do you suggest? am hoping to retain root if there's a way also
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)