FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Getting the chacha rooted after htcdev unlock

61 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By paramaribo, Member on 18th January 2012, 10:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Dear Members,

A lot of people including my self succesfully unlocked the htc chacha bootloader with the HTCDEV methode. We are verry happy with this developement. Unfortunally every one is trying to get there device rooted now. I tryed manny methodes from this forum but didn't succeed.
Is there anyone who can guide us step by step how to root htc chacha ( s-on but with an unlocked bootloader with the htcdev methode )?
Thx!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this tread detailed guide to root htc chacha after unlocked you're chacha with the HTCDEV methode. THANKS TO Huff! Enjoy! Dont forget to install Superuser. Superuser will grant root permissions to apps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. CWM Recovery:

1. Download PH06img.zip found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1164468
2. Open PH06img.zip and extract recovery.img
3. Copy recovery.img in the Android folder used earlier for HTCDEV unlock.
4. Open CMD and cd to that folder that folder
5. Run this in CMD: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Now you should have CWM Recovery installed.
If there are no errors, power off (Fast boot disabled in Power options) and then enter bootloader mode with vol down + power and select Recovery to verify the install.

B. Root:

1. Download su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828
2. Copy it to the SD card
3. Enter in CWM Recovery (start the phone with vol down + power, Fast boot disabled in Power options, or battery removed first) and from bootloader select Recovery and press Power button.
3. With the arrow keys from the phone keyboard select Install from SD card and Choose zip from SD card then select su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip and press enter.
4. Press backspace until you're on the main menu of CWM Recovery and select Reboot.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to paramaribo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paramaribo Ad-Free

18th January 2012, 10:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
There's no guide that it's 100% correct for S-ON yet.
Just follow this and it will work: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1184118
The CWM Recovery won't install like it says, you have to extract the image and flash it with fastboot.
Read the last few pages from the other topics, there are others that succeeded (including me).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to huff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huff Ad-Free
18th January 2012, 10:28 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Good news you got it working! I did try that but i failed .
Could you explain how to do this in a few detailed steps and help us out here? This would be great!
18th January 2012, 10:58 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
SUCCES! I will post a detailed guide soon!
18th January 2012, 11:01 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
No time now so just a very quick guide, if I forget something please someone correct me.

A. CWM Recovery:

1. Download PH06img.zip found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1164468
2. Open PH06img.zip and extract recovery.img
3. Copy recovery.img in the Android folder used earlier for HTCDEV unlock.
4. Open CMD and cd to that folder that folder
5. Run this in CMD: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Now you should have CWM Recovery installed.
If there are no errors, power off (Fast boot disabled in Power options) and then enter bootloader mode with vol down + power and select Recovery to verify the install.

B. Root:

1. Download su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828
2. Copy it to the SD card
3. Enter in CWM Recovery (start the phone with vol down + power, Fast boot disabled in Power options, or battery removed first) and from bootloader select Recovery and press Power button.
3. With the arrow keys from the phone keyboard select Install from SD card and Choose zip from SD card then select su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip and press enter.
4. Press backspace until you're on the main menu of CWM Recovery and select Reboot.

Now it should be rooted
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to huff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huff Ad-Free
18th January 2012, 11:52 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Thats correct! Enjoy Everyone
18th January 2012, 09:01 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Will this work on the Status? Thanks in advance

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
18th January 2012, 09:25 PM |#8  
Flag Avesnes / Helpe
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It works on my Chacha, S-on and unlock via htcdev.
19th January 2012, 07:22 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 495

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamaguin

Will this work on the Status? Thanks in advance

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

You can check the Tweet screenshot on adlx's post where HTC stated that Status was included.

In theory and in practice ChaCha and Status are the same. There are a few hardware differences (the radio for example, since US uses a different GSM bandwidth).
20th January 2012, 11:04 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i want to say thank you to all the respected members.
20th January 2012, 06:32 PM |#11  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
Thank! Working 100%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)