FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ICS 9.4.2.11 update error

356 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By chizzwhizz, Senior Member on 20th January 2012, 01:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After manually checking for and downloading the new update something weird happens when the firmware update is actually being installed.

It starts the installation process as usual but about 1/3 of the way through the image changes to an android bot laying down with a red caution symbol glowing. After a few minutes, the tablet reboots and i get a message saying update failed to install.

How do I get passed this?

20th January 2012, 04:17 AM |#2  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Same thing happen to me. Now when check for update, show no update available.

Idk how to upgrade now and still keep root bc ota rootkeeper won't work of I side load it to the tab

Sent from my Galaxy S2
20th January 2012, 02:44 PM |#3  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Reset?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzwhizz

After manually checking for and downloading the new update something weird happens when the firmware update is actually being installed.

It starts the installation process as usual but about 1/3 of the way through the image changes to an android bot laying down with a red caution symbol glowing. After a few minutes, the tablet reboots and i get a message saying update failed to install.

How do I get passed this?

I'm not an expert. But probably doing reset and check again for update could help. I have just updated to 9.4.2.11 without any problem.
20th January 2012, 06:44 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Wink
same here, i get a message saying an update is available, then a short message checking for file integrity, the system rebooting,,,,,,the dead android dude!

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

I just factory rest the damn thing, unrooted, wiped everything clean..............and still can't get it to update
So, I'm stuck with the horizontal banding ( even with all the gpu rendering disabled, transitions disabled, setcpu in performance mod etc....very noticeable) very bad wifi performance....30 feet from my router, unusable, can't imagine next summer trying to use it in the back yard!
....tomorrow is the end of my 30 day return period, was hoping i could get it to work before coming to this.
Have to say that this tablet has to be the worst poisoned christmas gift I ever gave the old lady!!!!
What do I do????????? flip a coin and try to change it, get maybe lucky and get a ''usable'' one, or go full metrosexual and get the wife an Ipad?
20th January 2012, 11:55 PM |#5  
Flag Chesterfield,uk
Thanks Meter: 0

More
.11 worse
.11 has made things worse for me. .07 was fine but now I get flashing lines. Still not ad hoc wifi
21st January 2012, 05:21 AM |#6  
Flag Langley
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Same issue here.. oh well...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)