How you feel about Galaxy Note's size

Search This thread

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
Hi, I got my Note today and it feels very big in my hands, I'm coming from T-Mobile GS2.
Did you guys get conferable after a while with the size?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Last edited by a moderator:

MicroBerry

Feb 25, 2009
I have pretty large hands, and the note feels perfect in them. Everything else just feels too small now.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

DIGItonium

Oct 22, 2009
I love it, and the size is perfect. It fits my shirt and pant pockets. The only issue is that my thumb doesn't quite reach the other side of the screen at times... gets sore haha.

planoman

Nov 30, 2010
Plano, Texas
Yes! Stick with it. I also have a skyrocket which is the same size as your phone. The more you use the GNote, the more you will get used to its size. Give it a few weeks. Everything else else will feel small after that time!

YFY

Aug 14, 2010
Kluang
Came from HTC HD2 4.3"
Love this 5.3" Galaxy Note.
Comfortable with it and real good as a phone & mini Tablet.

edanfalls

Feb 9, 2010
Hi, I got my Note today and it feels very big in my hands, I'm coming from T-Mobile GS2.

My hands are probably smaller than average and so it felt a bit big in my hands at first. Within a few days I'd gotten totally used to it, and holding my HD2 then felt very strange!

Pockets were fine from day one.

Hang in there and it'll be fine :)

sscgod

Jul 13, 2010
Surprisingly comfortable using the big sized note. I think the size has been exagerated a little

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium App

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
Thanx for all of you for replying my brother's. I was already thinking what have I done :)

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
This screen eats all the screens. I got the Galaxy nexus last week and I didn't like it. The screen was yellow and narrow. So I sold it.
This NOTE has the best screen period! For now.

Reactions: anonymous572

DIGItonium

Oct 22, 2009
This is one of the nicest pentile displays. I miss the clean LCD looks of the SAMOLED+ display, but the viewing angle of the Note display is amazing! I was afraid it would get greenish or purple at extreme angles.

Overall, this is a great balance between phone and tablet. I intend to turn this thing into a little computer.

Eagerly waiting for CM7 or CM9.

ChodTheWacko

Feb 8, 2011
I love it but to say it feels normal or good in the hand as a cellphone is nuts.

In what way does the phone feel unusual/bad in your hands as a cellphone?
Dialing numbers? Just curious.

I got used to the size almost immediately - but then again, I'm not really a one handed phone user. If you are, the new 'one handed dialpad/keyboard' in the recent firmwares might be useful.

- Frank

fabu09

Jan 11, 2012
it didn't feel weird when i first bought it (2 weeks ago) but it was different. now everything else feels smaller, i own an ipod so after using my phone and then when i go to my ipod to play games it feels super small. only sad thing about the phone is the keyboard is f'ing annoying, i tried tumblring on my phone and like a million mistakes whereas my ipod doesn't make such mistakes but the screen is too small to post long posts so i finally changed the keyboard to smart keyboard which i think is the best

Any still using original Samsung keyboard????

ddeath

Oct 13, 2007
Like the rest here, everything else feels small after using the Note! With it's HD screen and slim design, it blows everything away. :D

trickyhenry

Dec 27, 2007
People say to me its massive, I honestly don't notice anymore. Its perfect. You soon forget.. I do remember the first time I held it. I thought omg!! Huge! Lol..

PurpleMelbourne

Account currently disabled
Jul 24, 2008
GB
meettomy.site

I read someone else say that when you get used to the size that you can't do without it. He was right. The phone is huge. After a couple of weeks its no big deal. But the advantages of the big screen becomes normal and you couldn't do without it.

So give it a couple of weeks and see how you go. If its no good then maybe the soon to be released 4.6" Sony Xperia Ion with narrower 16:9 screen will suit better. Or Galaxy Nexus if you can live without SDHC expansion.

Sent from my Amiga GT-N7000 using XDA Premium.

jabbaMDAc

Oct 5, 2006
Prague
I remember when I upgraded my HTC Desire S to SGSII that it fell so big and I had a hand ache for a week. The same happened with Note - it takes week to get used to it but after that (as for others), everything else looks small and Note seems like normal phone to me.

But there's one thing - gel transparent S cover (mine is red). I had it on my SGS2 ans I bought it for note also, because those phone are so thick and light and yet so Smith, that it feels uncomfortable to hold them - I always feel that they sooner or later slip and fall from my hand.
The S cover has rough sides, so it feels better and it prevent the phone from sliding on the table also. Another thing is, that it has little edges over the display (it's 1mm thicker thanbthe phone, so if you put your phone on the table display down, it sits on the rubber edge ans not the display itself.

Try it for yourself :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everyone is being so positive, so I'll be a little more realistic.

You'll never use this phone with a single hand, and you'll have to rest in in your figners (instead of your palm) to use it any other way. The keyboard is impossible to use because you can't reach the keys in the middle of the screen, so I went with Thumb Keyboard, 5" Tablet layout, works perfectly.

Nevertheless, I miss my Atrix a bit. It fit my hand perfectly back then, and would get all cozy and warm in the pocket. The note has it's edge slightly sticking out from my jeans' pockets, and it doesn't fit workout pants, period.

What i usually say to people is: this phone ir for you if you either: play a lot of games, watch a lot of movies, or read a lot of books. For web browsing, facebook posting and pic sharing, smaller phones will do the job quite fine and more confortably.
    This screen eats all the screens. I got the Galaxy nexus last week and I didn't like it. The screen was yellow and narrow. So I sold it.
    This NOTE has the best screen period! For now.