FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][QPST]Permanently(reversible)remove/disable SMS Alerts-CMAS, Presidential(!),Etc

2,172 posts
Thanks Meter: 186

By tailsthecat3, Senior Member on 20th January 2012, 04:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I changed some settings in QPST tonight, v2.7 build 362, and noticed a tab called BrdcstSMS or something like that. Anyway, in there are the options for the SMS Service Alerts. CMAS, Pres., etc., all of them. And since I got the evo 3d a few weeks ago, Ive wanted them gone. Especially the presidential alert which by default is set to 'on' and there is no option to disable it. The others we can but not the pres, which annoyed me. But I digress.

So here are some screenshots. Youll need your msl.
Im not responsible for anything you do in your life.
Highlight the alert field there and click 'edit entry'. 'Active service' will make that alert appear in the messages app under settings and the 'selected' field represents the alerts 'on/off' status. So you can uncheck 'selected' to disable the alert or uncheck both boxes and remove them completely. You can go back after removing and disabling them and read from phone again to see that they are in fact disabled.

I hope this helps. Worked for me. Make a nand regardless. I really didnt want those alerts there and Im glad theyre gone.(the only proof being if one is sent and I dont get it, I guess)

If this is known, well...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sms1.jpg
Views:	823
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	864154   Click image for larger version

Name:	sms2.jpeg
Views:	606
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	864155   Click image for larger version

Name:	sms3.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	864156   Click image for larger version

Name:	sms4.jpeg
Views:	530
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	864157  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tailsthecat3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tailsthecat3 Ad-Free

20th January 2012, 05:57 AM |#2  
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Good things are doable with QPST, first volume control and now this. Thanks for sharing.
20th January 2012, 06:00 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
NC

More
Thumbs up You're welcome
OP edit: mention of QPST version
22nd January 2012, 01:35 AM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,215

More
I don't know. This certainly seems useful but I suppose there's no advantage or disadvantage to doing this, so for the sake of personal preference, why not, I guess?

Great find (although I probably won't use it)
22nd January 2012, 01:43 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2,927

More
FYI: This can also be done via EPST. ##2627# and you can enable/disable CMAS alerts completely.
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SteelH Ad-Free
22nd January 2012, 12:35 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelH

FYI: This can also be done via EPST. ##2627# and you can enable/disable CMAS alerts completely.

Which you can also accomplish with the method that I described. Seeing as how the 2627 code doesn't work for me or initiate any menu, qpst was my solution to disable/remove these alerts.

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G via XDA Premium
22nd January 2012, 01:41 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2,927

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsthecat3

Which you can also accomplish with the method that I described. Seeing as how the 2627 code doesn't work for me or initiate any menu, qpst was my solution to disable/remove these alerts.

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G via XDA Premium

You need a different EPST.apk then.. EPST is a simpler soft toggle on the device. QPSt will do it, but requires more software and such. But hey, now everyone has two ways!
22nd January 2012, 02:06 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelH

You need a different EPST.apk then.. EPST is a simpler soft toggle on the device. QPSt will do it, but requires more software and such. But hey, now everyone has two ways!

Since day one, 2627 hasn't worked and I tried about one dozen epst apk's. So qpst was my solution.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D via XDA Premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alerts, android, presidential, qpst, sms

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)